2006 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Absolutely love this car
By Jerry on 01/16/09 23:22 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have never been happier with a vehicle, and will be keeping this vehicle long term. I get great mileage with the vehicle, ranging from 26 MPG city 30 Highway in the winter, and 29 city 33 Highway in the summer. The car has as much get up and go as I will ever need. The handling is simply outstanding. The only complaints I have with the vehicle is the console doesn't provide enough leg room for the right leg, and gets uncomfortable on long trips. It needs a visor extender on the driver side also.

Excellent Car!
By Steve on 07/28/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great everything! Handles well, great MPG, no complaints whatsoever. Everything about the car is just what it needs to be right down from the great quality leather seats to the blue nighttime light that lights up the center console. Best thing about it is, everything you need comes standard.

Great car for the money
By Dave on 04/09/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in April 06, and really cannot complain about its performance and reliability. My previous car was a 2001 Volvo S40 with all the bells and whistles, however, it completely died at 18K miles. I have test driven many other vehicles in its class and the TSX is by far the best out there. It looks sharp with the ground effects kit which I have by the way and the car is loaded. When you add up these features with other cars, you are looking at at least $40K when all done and said (with BMW, MB, Lexus, etc). Maybe these other cars may have a more powerful engine, but I probably can smoke 'em on a long haul! The TSX also has a good resale value... no plans on selling or trading up!

For the price, it can't be matched
By gftgrill on 12/30/07 13:49 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The 6-speed manual is very smooth shifting. All of the controls are right where I expect them to be. I never have to reach far for anything. Bluetooth hands free connection built into the car. This is a great feature for anyone who drives a manual. I can now answer or make a phone call without ever having to remove my left hand from the steering wheel or my right hand from the shifter.

Great overall car
By kaiger on 06/30/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Those who say this car is underpowered are either comparing it to true sports cars or they're driving the automatic. This is a sedan. It's not meant to break any quarter-mile speed records. For what it is, it is quite sporty. The 6-speed manual is great. The gears are crisp, it accelerates well and you can't beat the features for the price.

This car is incredible for the price!
By Megan on 04/09/07 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my third Acura. The car just feels solid and has great safety features. It's fun to drive, feels just like what you would want out of a sports car mixed perfectly with a luxury ride. I had the RSX type S before this, and I lost absolutely no engine power, and the braking system is amazing, the car really stops on a dime. I can say nothing bad about this car. The electronics are great, especially the information screen in the dash board. It tells you exactly what you need to know! I always installed aftermarket stereos in my car, and felt no need to do that in this car! Great comfort and fun!

The Best Car, I have ever owned
By DeLeon Andrews on 12/15/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many 4 cyl cars in the past 33 years. The TSX is a sport sedan that is the fun to drive every day. I have read all the reviews about TSX needing more horsepower, for what reason! My wife (Mich) grew up driving V-8s and V-6s; she said the TSX is the fastest car she has ever driven and her first manual shift. Check out the top ten cars on the residual value list. I am happy TSX does not suit everyone taste.

Corners like it's on rails
By Kelly on 12/07/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The TSX is a sweet ride. I was feeling a tad bit old when I started to consider a 4 door sedan... but you can't even tell that it is a 4 door when you are driving it. It hugs the exit ramps so close to the inside line and it is very diificult to lose control of this vehicle. The interior is sporty (I have quartz leather with brushed nickle finish) and easy to maintain. I hate that I have to sell this car to take over a company car - I won't say the name but that, my friends, is a car I guarantee I will notice the four doors.

Poor radio reception for TSXs
By Beth on 11/16/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my 2006 TSX 6 sp manual for two months. I immediately noticed a problem with quality of the radio reception for FM stations that are based in my city, as well as for XM stations. Basically, if you get into areas of high voltage you either lose the signal (XM) or it becomes staticky (FM). My dealership told me there was nothing wrong with the reception and that that was how all the TSXs were. They gave me a loaner car to use and I noticed the same problem with reception on that car. I have owned 6 or 7 cars including other Acura and Hondas, but I have never experienced the such poor radio reception, which I consider a basic amenity, especially for a car in this price range.

For your money...its the best.
By Offset_98 on 06/03/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Coming off our modified Camaro Z28 my wife and I wanted something safe, reliable and roomy. We cross-shopped everything in this class and it came to the TSX, Accord and Passat. We went w/ the TSX because while not the fastest of the group it offered the most for our money. It comes standard with leather, heated seats, power seats, blue tooth wireless phone, auto. climate control, sunroof, xenon lights, 6-disc in dash CD and audio controls on the steering wheel. While you can get this stuff w/ the others, the Passat required an Auto. trans and another $6000 and the Accord just didn't have the features (xenon, bluetooth) the TSX had. Did I mention the 5-star crash tests?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.