2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
If I ever leave BMW I would buy another Acura
By npalafax on 12/05/12 22:31 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 TSX in 2009, was pre-loved. Was a great upgrade from my Mazda6, the car was very reliable basically a Honda in a different skin all the way around. Nice car I would seriously have trusted it to go AT LEAST till 200k. But I took a friend to buy a new car.. a BMW... and ended up trading it in for one also. By far a great safe car. Love the standard bluetooth in a 2006! And all the standard features vs not so standard on bmw :(

Awesome vintage of the TSX line
By jpallen01 on 10/11/12 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this car new for my wife at Christmas in 2005. Did the bow thing. It has made us smile every day since. We just finally traded it in with 86,000 miles on it and it was still a very awesome car that gave me an ear to ear grin. This is a car that performed excellent. i felt I could drive it to its limit on backroads and still be comfortable and not in fear of my life. The tech package was great for late 2005. And the touch screen interface easy to navigate. We only traded it because our kids are about 6 years from driving now and we had to consider that we weren't going to keep it 12 years, and we weren't going to let the kids drive a new car. Planning is everything.

TSX ACURA
By sylviaa on 05/29/12 07:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 2006 Acura Tsx. I purchased my car at Mac Churchill Acura in Fort Worth. I have been very happy since my purchase and services rendered at this car dealership. Since then my family and friends now own Acuras , a total of 7 Acuras all to each ones needs. Very grateful and appreciative. Thanks Mac Churchill Acura from all of us!

Like a Honda but Better
By gringoviejo on 05/12/12 10:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We recently replaced my wife's 2006 Accord EX-L coupe with a 2006 TSX. The Accord was a gem, but it was difficult for passengers to get in and out of the back seat of the coupe, so when this TSX came along with less than half the mileage on it (24,000), I bought it for her. There were, as they say, no flies on that Accord, but the TSX just does everything a little bit better: 25% more power from the same basic engine, bigger brakes, a better grade of leather, upgraded sound system. Also, the TSX feels *eager* at any speed. My old Lexus (2004 ES330) has some nicer convenience features and is roomier -- really not a bad car at all -- but is nowhere near as much fun to drive.

Buy it! You won't be disappointed!
By coraline on 01/13/12 15:33 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car used the summer of 2010. It had about 43K on it. It was totaled last week with 84 K on it. We never had a problem with the car. We did the standard maintenance and never had to think about it. The car wrecked well. I was rear ended by a large truck traveling at a high speed. I walked away from the wreck with a broken nose saying that I wanted another Acura. The impact shifted the car off the frame so badly that the plastic components on the inside popped off; however, the passenger compartment stayed intact. It doesn't matter how a car looks or even if it has a good repair history--what matters is will you walk away from a high-impact wreck.

One of a kind
By lilvic on 01/27/11 09:26 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a tsx for 1 year i had never had a problem besides wear and tear like brakes and tires. I work at a used car dealer myself where i get to drive all the similar vehicles like 3 series the Lexus Is and decided to go the Acura route because of the maintenance and better gas millage would recommend to anyone thinking about getting a 2010 model

Would Not Buy It Again
By karina97 on 12/14/10 15:32 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my TSX in 2006 and started having problems about a year later. It needed to have major work done on the steering twice. Both times the car was at the dealer for over a week. Just glad it was still under warranty and the dealer gave me a loaner. Also, I have had to replace the brakes more times on my TSX than I have ever had to on any other car. The TSX has a cheap build quality and the paint scratches easily. Also, there is a lot of road noise. On the plus side, the dealer service staff is great.

All Around Great Car, High Reliability
By HSJIII on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

TSX is the best all around value in the entry level luxury segment or maybe in any segment. After 21,000 miles in one year and 49,500 total there is not a squeak or rattle. I average 31-33 mpg highway w/ Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Service cost is low especially if you change filters yourself (simple). Road noise is muted. Super quiet engine. Headlights are very bright with wide illumination. Low insurance costs. This is my second TSX.

Just like new
By RB & PB on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Approaching 100k.Recently had the brakes done and new tires (oem)put on the car,it feels as new as the day it rolled off the dealer's lot.The controls still feel like they were dipped in butter.The clean,classic lines and overall styling of this car remains relevant.The car suffers from a lack of low-end torque & poor acceleration from a dead stop. Acura missed a golden opportunity to remedy this by not offering a turbo I4 (like the RDX) and thus maintaining the "agile/light/tossable" personality of this car. Test drove the new TSX and did not like the numb steering & dull interior ,may consider other options like the IS 350 AWD (increase HP, AT dual shift capability,heated/cooled seats,etc.

Great Car
By nb on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a really fun vehicle to drive. It is especially good in the turns and has good power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.