Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

If I ever leave BMW I would buy another Acura
By npalafax

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 TSX in 2009, was pre-loved. Was a great upgrade from my Mazda6, the car was very reliable basically a Honda in a different skin all the way around. Nice car I would seriously have trusted it to go AT LEAST till 200k. But I took a friend to buy a new car.. a BMW... and ended up trading it in for one also. By far a great safe car. Love the standard bluetooth in a 2006! And all the standard features vs not so standard on bmw :(

Reliability, Bluetooth, looks.

NONE

Awesome vintage of the TSX line
By jpallen01

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this car new for my wife at Christmas in 2005. Did the bow thing. It has made us smile every day since. We just finally traded it in with 86,000 miles on it and it was still a very awesome car that gave me an ear to ear grin. This is a car that performed excellent. i felt I could drive it to its limit on backroads and still be comfortable and not in fear of my life. The tech package was great for late 2005. And the touch screen interface easy to navigate. We only traded it because our kids are about 6 years from driving now and we had to consider that we weren't going to keep it 12 years, and we weren't going to let the kids drive a new car. Planning is everything.

Super fun to drive Tech package rocks for its age. Comfortable seats for 4 Looks cool Quality build and very reliable- we never had to do anything but regular maintenance to it. Great job Acura. Acura dealer is awesome and trustworthy. 5 speed transmission is excellent, great shift points, and even downshifted very well for braking. I was getting 35 MPG on the highway - at speeds of 65-75+ - awesome!

Ride is harsh but that's the nature of the car. Ride was noisy at highway speeds, once again, the nature of the car. No other complaints or suggestions.

TSX ACURA
By sylviaa

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 2006 Acura Tsx. I purchased my car at Mac Churchill Acura in Fort Worth. I have been very happy since my purchase and services rendered at this car dealership. Since then my family and friends now own Acuras , a total of 7 Acuras all to each ones needs. Very grateful and appreciative. Thanks Mac Churchill Acura from all of us!

I love the features , my pearl while color , Gps, bluetooth, and excellent road handle, the lights at night are precise. I dont have trouble seeing while driving at night. The car stops immediately when I hit the brakes. Recently another car ran a stop light , I barely saw him through my left side and hit the breaks.. the car stopped immediately with no screeching or swaying... that car missed us but hit the car next to me who took our green light.... car parts flying everywhere , bumpers lights tires. Great Made Car , The Acura TSX.

Like a Honda but Better
By gringoviejo

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We recently replaced my wife's 2006 Accord EX-L coupe with a 2006 TSX. The Accord was a gem, but it was difficult for passengers to get in and out of the back seat of the coupe, so when this TSX came along with less than half the mileage on it (24,000), I bought it for her. There were, as they say, no flies on that Accord, but the TSX just does everything a little bit better: 25% more power from the same basic engine, bigger brakes, a better grade of leather, upgraded sound system. Also, the TSX feels *eager* at any speed. My old Lexus (2004 ES330) has some nicer convenience features and is roomier -- really not a bad car at all -- but is nowhere near as much fun to drive.

Great sound system, navigation system, higher quality appointments all around than the highest trim level Accord the same year.

The only flaws I can think of are that the cabin is a bit tight for me (at 6'2"), and it would be nice to have automatic headlights and a better info display, as others have commented.

Buy it! You won't be disappointed!
By coraline

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car used the summer of 2010. It had about 43K on it. It was totaled last week with 84 K on it. We never had a problem with the car. We did the standard maintenance and never had to think about it. The car wrecked well. I was rear ended by a large truck traveling at a high speed. I walked away from the wreck with a broken nose saying that I wanted another Acura. The impact shifted the car off the frame so badly that the plastic components on the inside popped off; however, the passenger compartment stayed intact. It doesn't matter how a car looks or even if it has a good repair history--what matters is will you walk away from a high-impact wreck.

Fun to drive. Good gas mileage. Loved the fact that the display told you how many miles to a tank were left.

Larger backseat. Looking at a TL for this reason. My kids (age 7 & 10) were comfortable in the back though.