2005 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Great Car!
By David W on 10/18/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife and quickly realized I wanted to steal it from her. It is a great car to drive and has enough room for a family. The car is very affordable and out performs any other car in this price range.

Best Overall Sedan
By Dallas Realtor on 10/17/05 23:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very comfortable in the front. There's not an abundance of space, but it's very well used. My passengers are comfortable in the back all day. It also accelerates quietly and smoothly with plenty of power. You hardly notice the shift points. Good gas mileage, I average 29 MPG in Dallas driving conservatively & 24.5 MPG driving aggressively. There's not any squeaks or rattles. The turning radius, as mentioned in other reviews, is pretty sorry for a vehicle of this size. However, the car handles exceptionally well: very nimble and sure footed. Very well appointed vehicle even in base form. Good luck finding a finer vehicle for under 26k! Practical & Fun, what's not to love?

Decent Car, but overall, disappointed
By TSX26 on 10/10/05 22:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After putting nearly 8000 miles on my TSX, I am less than pleased with the amount of problems I have had. The moonroof was rattling, after a second visit to the dealership, they put a tape around the sunroof, which helped, but it is rattling again. CD changer was replaced because it was skipping. Paint seems to chip easily. Fuel economy is decent, however, since it requires premium gas, it does add up. Power is just ok at initial get-go, you can really tell it's a 4 cylinder. However, the engine is smooth and does handle well on the freeway. If I had to go back and remake my decision, I would have gone with the Accord EXV6 coupe (more power and reliability).

Acura TSX 2005
By Uddy Hanson on 10/05/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 2005 Acura TSX. I looked at many cars before I test drove the TSX. Once I drove the car, I decided that this is the car for me. I have owned two Honda Civics and was looking to move up to a premium brand. Nothing else in the price range can match the TSX's features. HID headlights, heated leather seats, power moonroof, 6 disc in dash CD changer, XM satellite radio, dual zone climate control, and VSA all standard. Why would anyone buy anything else?

Low price Luxury
By veniceknite on 10/03/05 23:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love the 6 speed, but realize this is a 4 cylinder car and that limits so much. It is very tight, stubby vehicle with a great look inside and out. Has all the options standard except for navigation. 25 miles per gallon so far at the max.

Everything I Expected & Then Some
By D W on 09/30/05 21:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX is an excellent, well-rounded, highly reliable, fun-to-drive sedan. I'm seriously thinking about buying a second one for the wife. I thought about Audi (for AWD) & BMW (pure performance), but it's hard to justify the $10-15K premium, given how good this car is. Very satisfied thus far.

First New Car
By Need for Speed on 09/30/05 00:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first brand new car and I have no regrets. The 6 speed manual is very responsive to my every move, easy to shift and loads of fun to drive. Even with passangers or cargo, it has enough power not to be weighed down.

Luxury car at reasonable price
By Rich on 09/22/05 11:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX is a great value for the critical buyer. The sharp styling and extremely nice lines make this car stand out in any crowd. The features that are all standard put other luxury cars to shame. Heated seats, heated mirrors, dual temp controls, xm sat radio, six disc in dash... the list seems endless. The performance is an added surprise for those of us that like a little kick out of driving. Handles like many past sports cars I've owned. 100% satisfied.

Great satisfaction
By Bill on 09/22/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After much research, purchased the Acura TSX. Have many compliments about design and overall appearance. It is a joy to drive. Interior and exterior is outstanding. Could be a bit better on gas mileage.

Sophisticated and fun all in one
By K.J. on 09/20/05 06:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My husband and I wanted a sophisticated, reliable, and yet fun to drive car, and that is why we chose the TSX. We spent months researching and comparing different vehicles, such as Audi A4, BMW 3 series, and other Honda products. This car came up the winner for so may different reasons. First of all, the safety features are supurb. The comfort is incredible and the list of standard features are seemingly endless. This car feels like luxury inside and out. The price just can not be beat when compared to others in it's class. This car looks sporty and refined all in one. Honda did a great job with this vehicle.