Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 222 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

TSX review
By Rich541

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am really happy with the overall performance and handeling of my '05 TSX. The only thing that I think that could be changed on the car as the main thing, is the engine power. There is a very fair amount of power that you get from the car and it is very fun to drive just there is a little missing in that part. I have had this car longer then I have owned any other vehicles in the past. Usually I keep for around 9 months, and I have owned my TSX for almost 1.5 years. So I really think it is "fun to drive" or I wouldn't have it now. There has only been a few times that it has gone into the shop for minor adjustments and due mainly to annoyance only.

I like the Manumatic better then lots of other competitors, it is very punctual and fun to use and there is not the delays that I am use to seeing in other vehicles, when you shift it is adjusted then not when computer wants it to, or 10 seconds after you want to.

I wish the engine had more power... I really hope Acura places the new turbo engine from the RDX into the TSX for the new 2008 TSX or even offer it as an option on current models. But other then that there is not other suggestions since it is a well built and crafted reliable fun car.

By John

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Car has plenty of power, smooth transmission and very responsive. I cannot imagine a better car for the money.

Fold down back seat, display, power, cornering, engineering, and design.

The option to make this a manual transmission drive is a worthless feature they should eliminate and add a couple of other much more important ammenities like automatic door locking when put in drive, and auto on headlamps.

Great all round performer
By jamesoil

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car has been an excellent replacement for my BMW 3 series. I was sceptical at first but have come to realize that BMW is not the be all and end all in sport sedans. Great price good fuel economy and fully loaded base model made this an easy decision. Handles all weather conditions well. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and see summer conditions as well as extreme winter driving conditions every year. The traction control in this car puts me at par with any SUV on paved icy and snow covered roads. This is a fine entry level compact sports/luxury sedan. Many reviewers have said that a 4 cylinder 200hp engine is not enough power. I disagree. Remember this is an entry level sports sedan.

Great gas milage, good driver positioning and good quality build.

None needed.

CPO Goodness
By ElJefe

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have wanted a TSX since I first drove one in 2003. My dream is now reality: I picked up my '05 CPO 6-speed with Nav last night. The TSX is all about the sum of its parts, the way it drives. It may not be the fastest or pull the most G's, but man o man is it fun to drive. Combine this with jewel-like quality and an impressive standard feature set, and you have a winner in the TSX.

Precise shifting 6-speed manual, smooth engine, tight handling. Interior is beautiful, comfortable, and ergonomic perfection.

More power with lower VTEC engagement point (hondata anyone?), slightly higher 6th gear, high performance tires (ditch the all season donuts).

A young professional's dream car
By GM

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love the interior and exterior design features of this car. It is the perfect car for a young professional with no family (as the back seat is very small). I have only one complaint thus far---This car requires premium gas!!!