2005 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

2005 TSX Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Diamond in the Rough
By GDK

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX is the best value for the money and is better looking than most cars in the same class, including the BMW 3. The interior is much more up to date than the 3, and the dash is much sharper. Fuel economy is great, particullary with high gas prices today. It is equally as fun to drive as the 3 series and without the BMW sticker price. You get much more for your money with this overall package and reliabilty will be much better than a German made car.

Favorite Features

XM Radio

Suggested Improvements

More horses

Great Value
By Artie

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car for the money, great gas mileage and power, great stereo.

Love it!!!
By Deanna

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was waffling between a top of the line Camry and this car. Although I paid $2K more for this car - it was worth it. I love my TSX! The best feature is that they only come two ways...with or without navigation - everything else is standard. There was no negotiating all of the options, just the car as a whole. Made the purchase go much smoother also...no pushy salesman trying to sell you extra options to boost the profit margin. Bottom line is that a car is worth exactly what you're willing to pay for it. I didn't pay MSRP, but I can see how others would...the car sells itself. This is an easy way to step into luxury cars without being married to your payment.

Favorite Features

Love the pearl white and the fact that there are no options - only 2 ways to get this car, with or without navigation

Suggested Improvements

17" tires are expensive, but they look cool!

A lot of car, harsh ride
By Tom F

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice alternate to other cars in its class for the price. I expected better milaege frm a 4 cylinder ... I have been ranging 22 city 28 highway. The ride in this car is harsh on the highway. With highly recommend the care for city driving and short trips, its not a comfortable care to take a 2-3 trip in. All the options and ammedities ar worthy of the Acura nameplate. The trunk is huge, and despite what some reviews have stated, the styling is clean.

Favorite Features

The navigation system and XM radio are the best. The Front seat provite excellent support.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower and torque, especially when you have 4 people in the car. Better gas mileage to distinguish it from the TL ... which get the same mileage with more HP and room !

TSX Special
By Miz TSX

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had the car for over 5 months. A fun enjoyable car to drive. A lot of car for the $. Very customer oriented dealership. Very impressed with mileage on a trip at 80mph great mileage.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, comfortable leather seats, gas mileage, sportiness of driving.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights. I miss having the lights come on automatically at dusk and forget at times to turn them on manually.

Great Interior for the Money
By Travis

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I chose this vehicle over many others because of the excellent navigation system and great interior. I spend a lot of time driving, so a comfortable interior and good gas mileage were the most important attributes I was looking for in a vehicle. Now that I have a navigation system, I don't think I'll ever buy a car without it. The resale value and little necessary maintenance were other selling points. My only dislikes are the front wheel drive (I would have definitely preferred AWD or RWD). The exterior styling is sporty on my car, because I have the Milano Red paint with the optional spoiler. Overall a very comfortable, sporty, and economical long distance cruiser.

Favorite Features

Great navigation system. Best interior for the money...but only with the navigation system. Excellent manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Better stock tires - the stock tires seem to squeal too easily. Of course more power - if they can keep good gas mileage and the same price point. I wish it wasn't FWD, but that of course is wishful thinking, and not practical since the TSX is based on the European Honda Accord.

Good Ride
By Alan

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX gives a nice, quiet ride. Stereo system is great. Good gas mileage. Good value for the money.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Shock absorbers to make the ride a little smoother on bumpy roads.

2005 TSX
By Joe

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Fun, affordable small luxury sedan. Beats BMW and Lexus for much less price. Outstanding automobile, makes you feel you're driving something that should have cost you thousands more!

Favorite Features

Navigation system, beautiful interior, sporty handling.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth, ipod integration, memory seats would be nice bonus (all added in '06).

The best < $30K sedan
By sd_acura

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I drove 4K miles within first 45 days of owning this car. The handling is very good and especially great on slick wet roads. VSA really works great for tight curves. IMHO the power is sufficient and makes more interesting to drive with the short throw 6MT. Engine and road noise is minimal though slightly higher than Toyota/Lexus.

Favorite Features

XM radio rocks, Xenon headlights, power seats, foldable rear seats, good lumbar support on the seats and the best gear shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly taller gear for a better mileage. It goes upto 3500 RPM at 80 mph whereas Civic/Accord is around 2800-3000 at 80mph. Trip computer on non-nav models, sun-roof control on the roof between driver and passenger, better stereo,

Does it measure up to the new BMW 3
By Bryce

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got my TSX after driving a Land Rover Dis. 2. Anything is better then that but the Acura needs to work on a few things. I love driving the TSX though the I wanted the new BMW 3 series first. I test drove both but went with the TSX because of the price. It is a nice car to drive. I would much rather have gotten the BMW though as it looks much better from the rear and has many other options the TSX does not have. But, if you want to impress someone with the price get a TSX.

Favorite Features

Nav. System is the best I have ever used. I am 20 and I know a lot about these things. Acura knew what they were doing when they designed this feature. Also the from lights look really cool in the day or at night.

Suggested Improvements

FUEL needs to not be prem. gas. It's not even a V6. Oh that reminds me, get a V6 made!!! Rear air is always nice and make a way to add the new phone to the >2006 models.