Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Can't wait to get rid of it!
By skico

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I realize my car is 2 yo, but I feel obligated to tell people of my exp w/ Acura and my TSX. I drive a lot for my job, so need a good, safe, comfortable, reliable car. I'd heard Acura was that car. Never in my life have I been so disappointed in a car. This car has left me stranded, things were breaking in the car 3-4 months after I got it; no pickup, awful in snow. I don't feel safe in car, and don't trust that it will get me where I need to be safel - in fact, everytime I drive long distances, I get very nervous that the car will strand me somewhere b/c it has in the past. I can't wait to get rid of it, and I doubt I will ever buy an Acura again.

Dual climate control, heated seats, free XM x3 months, lumbar support.

Better pickup, improve the car's performance in snow, better quality of everything inside car so things don't break right away, larger trunk, (can't get 2 medium suitcases in trunk!) better gas mileage, back doors should open wider, improve reliability of car in any driving situation.

Wonderful Car
By Bishopsring

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has been two years, two trips to California, Austin and Dallas. The car runs admirably. Lacking in power, it provides gas mileage, comfort, and fun driving. The overhead blue light during the night adds a unique but classy ambiance. The interior and use of all available space provide a wonderful usage for anything and everything, cell phones, chargers, cd cases. With performance being its only down point, I understand the balance, but it needs the extra horsepower or burst of speed off the line. There is one aspect from changing from second gear to third gear where it gets stuck even with the clutch completely down. Great car.

Heated seats. Nothing has been more useful than that during the winter. Air conditioning - also great to have during the blistering Texas Heat.

Needs more integration of new technology, iPod, USB, better cup holders, successful integration of heat warmer and seat cooler. Temps get to 120+ in Texas. More advanced onboard computer.

Lovin' It
By From Nissan to Acura

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my Acura, it was my fourth car in 3 years. I've had a 2000 Celica GT-S, 2003 Infiniti G35, a 2003 NIssan 350Z and then my Acura. All manual transmission. I must say that when it comes to performance, I have not been able to beat my 350Z. But isnt that what Nissan is about? BUT when it comes to comfort and reliablity my Acura tops my list! I love it. I feel safer and it uses a LOT less fuel then my last car. LOVE IT TO DEATH. More sensible for New York winters.

Great gas mileage. Smooth drive. Great in bad weather.

Needs more UMPH! Increase horsepower or turbo! Also, add a LSD transmission like the TL.

TSX Review
By Ginny Allen

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE my car! I got it about 1 year & a half ago but I still feel like it's new. It looks great (mine is red!) & it drives wonderfully. I had a Toyota Solara before this (it was my first car- I'm only 21). It was good but this car is GREAT! Buy one!!!

The look & design of the car. It is beautiful!

I love mine with its tinted windows!!

LOVE my Acura!
By Sarah

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When it comes to cars, I must be spoiled, because my history of cars have all been great (1990 Honda Prelude, 1997 Accord sedan, and 2000 Accord coupe). But since I got my TSX in May of this year, I have been in love! This car is sporty, stylish, sleek, everything you could possibly want in a car, and with just enough a hint of luxury to make this mid-20s chick feel rich! I was in a collision in my TSX recently and felt absolutely safe in my Acura. It's five star collision rating proved to be true, and I am still in love with my TSX!

Heated seats, sleek exterior design, clean interior design.

Power door lock control on drivers side should be easier to locate and control, but you get used to it.

• SUV