2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Diamond in the Rough
By GDK on 12/29/05 09:07 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX is the best value for the money and is better looking than most cars in the same class, including the BMW 3. The interior is much more up to date than the 3, and the dash is much sharper. Fuel economy is great, particullary with high gas prices today. It is equally as fun to drive as the 3 series and without the BMW sticker price. You get much more for your money with this overall package and reliabilty will be much better than a German made car.

Great Value
By Artie on 12/24/05 05:53 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car for the money, great gas mileage and power, great stereo.

Love it!!!
By Deanna on 12/23/05 19:02 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was waffling between a top of the line Camry and this car. Although I paid $2K more for this car - it was worth it. I love my TSX! The best feature is that they only come two ways...with or without navigation - everything else is standard. There was no negotiating all of the options, just the car as a whole. Made the purchase go much smoother also...no pushy salesman trying to sell you extra options to boost the profit margin. Bottom line is that a car is worth exactly what you're willing to pay for it. I didn't pay MSRP, but I can see how others would...the car sells itself. This is an easy way to step into luxury cars without being married to your payment.

A lot of car, harsh ride
By Tom F on 12/17/05 08:02 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice alternate to other cars in its class for the price. I expected better milaege frm a 4 cylinder ... I have been ranging 22 city 28 highway. The ride in this car is harsh on the highway. With highly recommend the care for city driving and short trips, its not a comfortable care to take a 2-3 trip in. All the options and ammedities ar worthy of the Acura nameplate. The trunk is huge, and despite what some reviews have stated, the styling is clean.

TSX Special
By Miz TSX on 12/14/05 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had the car for over 5 months. A fun enjoyable car to drive. A lot of car for the $. Very customer oriented dealership. Very impressed with mileage on a trip at 80mph great mileage.

Great Interior for the Money
By Travis on 12/06/05 22:18 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I chose this vehicle over many others because of the excellent navigation system and great interior. I spend a lot of time driving, so a comfortable interior and good gas mileage were the most important attributes I was looking for in a vehicle. Now that I have a navigation system, I don't think I'll ever buy a car without it. The resale value and little necessary maintenance were other selling points. My only dislikes are the front wheel drive (I would have definitely preferred AWD or RWD). The exterior styling is sporty on my car, because I have the Milano Red paint with the optional spoiler. Overall a very comfortable, sporty, and economical long distance cruiser.

Good Ride
By Alan on 12/05/05 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX gives a nice, quiet ride. Stereo system is great. Good gas mileage. Good value for the money.

2005 TSX
By Joe on 12/02/05 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Fun, affordable small luxury sedan. Beats BMW and Lexus for much less price. Outstanding automobile, makes you feel you're driving something that should have cost you thousands more!

The best < $30K sedan
By sd_acura on 12/01/05 19:06 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I drove 4K miles within first 45 days of owning this car. The handling is very good and especially great on slick wet roads. VSA really works great for tight curves. IMHO the power is sufficient and makes more interesting to drive with the short throw 6MT. Engine and road noise is minimal though slightly higher than Toyota/Lexus.

Does it measure up to the new BMW 3
By Bryce on 12/01/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got my TSX after driving a Land Rover Dis. 2. Anything is better then that but the Acura needs to work on a few things. I love driving the TSX though the I wanted the new BMW 3 series first. I test drove both but went with the TSX because of the price. It is a nice car to drive. I would much rather have gotten the BMW though as it looks much better from the rear and has many other options the TSX does not have. But, if you want to impress someone with the price get a TSX.