2005 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Disappointment Reigns Supreme
By jrene on 07/02/06 00:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my TSX for 1 yr,(my first luxury car) and I'm extremely dissatisfied. I initially loved the car, but about 5 months after purchasing it, it started to have loud, obnoxious squeaks and rattles-- from the windows, the sunroof, and god knows where else. It struggles to get up I-70 in the CO mtns and struggles to go when at a stoplight or an on ramp. Accords and Civics are blowing past me. No one knows what the prob is. My windshield washers never work. I won't ever buy another TSX. Plus, it doesn't seem to be holding its value like I thought it would.

TSX review
By Rich541 on 06/17/06 15:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am really happy with the overall performance and handeling of my '05 TSX. The only thing that I think that could be changed on the car as the main thing, is the engine power. There is a very fair amount of power that you get from the car and it is very fun to drive just there is a little missing in that part. I have had this car longer then I have owned any other vehicles in the past. Usually I keep for around 9 months, and I have owned my TSX for almost 1.5 years. So I really think it is "fun to drive" or I wouldn't have it now. There has only been a few times that it has gone into the shop for minor adjustments and due mainly to annoyance only.

By John on 06/04/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Car has plenty of power, smooth transmission and very responsive. I cannot imagine a better car for the money.

Great all round performer
By jamesoil on 05/21/06 23:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car has been an excellent replacement for my BMW 3 series. I was sceptical at first but have come to realize that BMW is not the be all and end all in sport sedans. Great price good fuel economy and fully loaded base model made this an easy decision. Handles all weather conditions well. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and see summer conditions as well as extreme winter driving conditions every year. The traction control in this car puts me at par with any SUV on paved icy and snow covered roads. This is a fine entry level compact sports/luxury sedan. Many reviewers have said that a 4 cylinder 200hp engine is not enough power. I disagree. Remember this is an entry level sports sedan.

CPO Goodness
By ElJefe on 05/02/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have wanted a TSX since I first drove one in 2003. My dream is now reality: I picked up my '05 CPO 6-speed with Nav last night. The TSX is all about the sum of its parts, the way it drives. It may not be the fastest or pull the most G's, but man o man is it fun to drive. Combine this with jewel-like quality and an impressive standard feature set, and you have a winner in the TSX.

A young professional's dream car
By GM on 04/26/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love the interior and exterior design features of this car. It is the perfect car for a young professional with no family (as the back seat is very small). I have only one complaint thus far---This car requires premium gas!!!

NIce luxury Sedan
By S.f on 04/04/06 22:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is awesome the style of it is really nice it has alot to offer plus.It has all the bells and whistles I can even imagine if haveing.I specially like the headlights they are nice and bright,the rearview mirrior has a dimmer that will block any annoying rear lights in your eyes.It has heated seats that is a plus 4 comfort.It has climate control So if ur hot turn the ac up,ur passenger is cold put the heater on.u can have a set temperture 73'.it runs really smooth nice horsepower consider that any more i might get a ticket.It's stylish since i am a mom I can still have style plus 4 doors a plus if u have kids.Very dependable ,nice warranty

A great car
By richard on 04/01/06 21:11 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. fast and is only 4 cylinder.

Mixed Expirience
By G Gagnon on 03/30/06 22:44 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I initially loved my TSX, but regretably the ownership expirience has turned out to be quite frustrating. My copy has an idle vibration unbecoming of a $30K car. It also quickly developed brake issues in first 15K miles. Vehicle also makes high pitched whining sound at speed. Told brake grinding sound and vibration were normal. Dealer blame for whine goes to tires. Dealer no help with regards to any of these issues -- "talk to Michellin". Climate control display shows incorrect temperature (by about 5 degrees). Will trade in on something else within the coming weeks.

FUN FUN FUN...no regret!
By HC on 03/21/06 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the perfect package, combining performance, luxury, fun, design, and quality in the 'standard' package. Although, acceleration cannot compare to BMW, Lexus, or Audi, its perfect for everyday driving. Comparing to the entry level vehicles offered by the 3 listed above, TSX wins hands down. In the standard pkg at 36,100 cdn, leather, sunroof, automatic, 6 cd changer, heated seats, etc...basically all you could ask for except the nav option. I have it in black, looks great with the contrasting chrome.