Used 2005 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Acura Fan
By Sharon

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

10-yr owner of a 1994 Integra. Toss up between TL & TSX, but could not see a reason to pay the extra $6k for the TL. Wanted the flexibility of the rear fold down seats. Regularly get 23-25 mpg. The trunk now seems small since Iíve put a stroller in it. Battery replaced under warranty at 2.5 yrs Ė was in for an oil change & battery tested low so they changed it FREE. There was a rattle in the dash at cold temps Ė told it was a cantilevered dash, so basically a design flaw. Tried to fix 3 times & then a month or so after the last try it went away on its own. Most recent problem has been a side-to-side rock in the driverís seat - fixed under warranty.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on steering wheel, 6-CD changer, solid construction, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to have child LATCH in middle seat position. Also deck lid spoiler would be a nice option.

Love this Car!
By Fred&Wilma

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We love this car. It handles so well and has plenty of power. The engine hums at 80 mph and stops on a dime. The interior is very comfortable and everything is in easy reach. We like the navi system and touch screen panel. The voice command system is ok and it's often quicker to use the touch screen. The car is much nicer than the Accord or Camry and costs about the same. Great value!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, great stereo system, moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality paint. It chips very easily.

Best Acura yet
By jayroam

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

By far, this is has been my favorite car I've ever owned. The interior is one of the best I've ever been in, and the exterior looks great and is timeless. For a car under $30k, it's a steal.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission is one of the best I've ever used. Controls are laid out beautifully. Interior quality and fit are tops. HID lights are perfect. Surprisingly huge trunk for the size of the car. Plenty of space for 5 adults. Great handling and stock suspension.

Suggested Improvements

2nd gear ratio is too far from 1st gear. Steering ratio could be better.

Sweet Car
By sylvester vanchiro

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I looked at 3 other cars in this class, and after it was all said and done, I knew this was the car I wanted. Two years later I still am one happy driver. This car has and does everything I need in a car and the reliability has just been great. Can't really say enough about this car, just happy I made the right decision.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Little more power, better paint.

Few details short of perfection
By knoef

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The car is fun to drive, very easy to live with and a great value. Having said that, I could point out a couple of things that annoy me a bit. Only the driver side window is auto down and have to hold the sunroof switch as well. The headrests can be a bit higher (I am 6'2). Otherwise the car is perfect. Light on center steering, a lot of grip and very predicable at the limit. By the way, I know my complaints are very minor that's what separates this car from being perfect. Of course, it doesn't have the ergonomics or style of A4 but it doesn't fall apart. It doesn't have performance of RWD BMW 3 but you can buy two tsx for the price of one 335.

Favorite Features

The suspension is amazing, you really have to commit to the corners to feel the limit (best done on track). Fuel economy nears 34 mpg on highway unfortunately it averages about 22 in the city. The dash layout is perfect, very intuitive and simple.

Suggested Improvements

As stated above, auto up down on all windows and sunroof is a must. Heated steering wheel and faster heating seats would be nice. I think the car has enough power to have fun. Surely, more power (turbo), limited slip diff and AWD or RWD would be nice. So there is room for improvement.