Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

TSX premiem
By Mir

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

VSA light came on 3 times or more, car would not go into reverse at times, CD player is weak and sensitive had that replaced as well very disappointed in car could use a lot more horsepower, kills on gas could be better, horrible for 4 cylinder feels like, you're driving a v6 with the gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The triptronic control and navigation, alloys are nice and big hid lights.

Suggested Improvements

A lot more horsepower would be nice and a lot better gas mileage.

Still fun after 3+ years
By coolbeap

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new 3 years ago. I still love driving it! Still has great "curb appeal." My wife is tired of driving our minivan - always asking to drive the TSX to work. Black exterior looks brand new. TSX gives th appearance of a luxuray car but cost less than $26K (in 2005). Never been in for repair.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and styling, built-in XM radio, peppy engine, quiet ride with sport-like handling, great climate control, moon roof. Always reliable; I've never returned to Acura for service, just regular preventive maintenance. Decent handling in the snow for this type of car. Roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG for a 4 cylinder (getting 18-20 mpg). Key fob won't unlock doors remotely - started 2 wks after warranty expired. Replaced original tires at ~27K - disappointing. Rear speakers rattle at some volumes - not too bad but would bother me more if I were 18 y.o.

Extremely Happy!
By amora14

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Acura TSX a week ago, my prior car was the Ford Focus. I was going to get the Fusion but I wanted a car that could stand alone. I decided to go with the 2005 model because it had most everything the o8 had in it for almost half the price. The navigation system is awesome. I love to drive the car at night and night time use to be what I would dread. The car handles well around corners and when I come to a stop it so smooth! I did not realize Acura held the prestige in this car that it does. Excellent vehicle!

Favorite Features

The sunroof, leather seats, sound system and everything is electric! I also like the quality associated with this car. This car has personality along with class and style. This car puts you in a entire different class of vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

None

New to Acura
By Aaron

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned a 2005 TSX about a month now and enjoy driving it every time. I have taken it through its paces and it handles nimbly and with ease. I do find the seats to be a bit uncomfortable on long trips and the gear shift a bit cheap feeling, especially when in sport shift mode. Overall, I feel the quality and reliability to be one of its strong points. I chose this car over the Audi A4 due to its standard features, reliability and performance. It looks really cool in black with tinted windows.

Favorite Features

Homelink system, steptronic shifting, heated seats and mirrors, monochromatic rearview mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Self locking doors, better on board computer with average fuel economy, miles remaining, tire pressure, etc., more solid feeling gear shift, aux jack for iPod.

TSX forever
By Robert E

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My 2005 TSX handles like a dream. In the 3 years I have owned it, it has never given me a moment's problem. I do the routine maintenance and in return I have a car that I can rely on 100%. By far the best car I have ever owned

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, XM radio, smooth ride and easy to locate dip sticks for checking the various fluids.

Suggested Improvements

I would strongly suggest slightly wider and deeper side mirrors. This would give greater visibility when changing lanes, thus causing fewer accidents.