2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
'05 TSX
By Tgr on 07/29/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Acura’s reputation for quality and reliability as well as inclusive standard features are what persuaded me to purchase the car. I have 21k miles on my TSX and my only complaint has to do with the occasional squeak or rattle I hear on the open road. For instance, the moon roof visor occasionally rattles in the open position and the glove compartment squeaks more often than not. However, overall I've been impressed and I will sure keep this car for a while.

For smooth roads only
By Robert Needham on 07/18/07 05:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car because I love manual transmissions - its best feature. But the car is uncomfortable for short light weight people, can't raise the seat high enough to see the road well. My wife sits on a pillow. Seats are low, slippery and thin. No protective side moulding on doors, no trip computer, no compass, no automatic door locks. I drove it down 130 miles of washboard dirt road, where it fishtailed badly, paint chipped out, and the car developed rattles in dash and driver door. A good car for big heavy people who drive smooth pavement only. Two factory recalls.

Great car
By Jonathan on 07/03/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought used with 13000 on it. Have put 15000 on it in a year. Absolutely no problems. The handling is great. The automatic transmission is super smooth. By far, the best car you can get for the money. Great resale value and great driving experience.

Can't wait to get rid of it!
By skico on 02/18/07 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I realize my car is 2 yo, but I feel obligated to tell people of my exp w/ Acura and my TSX. I drive a lot for my job, so need a good, safe, comfortable, reliable car. I'd heard Acura was that car. Never in my life have I been so disappointed in a car. This car has left me stranded, things were breaking in the car 3-4 months after I got it; no pickup, awful in snow. I don't feel safe in car, and don't trust that it will get me where I need to be safel - in fact, everytime I drive long distances, I get very nervous that the car will strand me somewhere b/c it has in the past. I can't wait to get rid of it, and I doubt I will ever buy an Acura again.

Wonderful Car
By Bishopsring on 01/23/07 12:39 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has been two years, two trips to California, Austin and Dallas. The car runs admirably. Lacking in power, it provides gas mileage, comfort, and fun driving. The overhead blue light during the night adds a unique but classy ambiance. The interior and use of all available space provide a wonderful usage for anything and everything, cell phones, chargers, cd cases. With performance being its only down point, I understand the balance, but it needs the extra horsepower or burst of speed off the line. There is one aspect from changing from second gear to third gear where it gets stuck even with the clutch completely down. Great car.

Lovin' It
By From Nissan to Acura on 12/17/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my Acura, it was my fourth car in 3 years. I've had a 2000 Celica GT-S, 2003 Infiniti G35, a 2003 NIssan 350Z and then my Acura. All manual transmission. I must say that when it comes to performance, I have not been able to beat my 350Z. But isnt that what Nissan is about? BUT when it comes to comfort and reliablity my Acura tops my list! I love it. I feel safer and it uses a LOT less fuel then my last car. LOVE IT TO DEATH. More sensible for New York winters.

TSX Review
By Ginny Allen on 12/13/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE my car! I got it about 1 year & a half ago but I still feel like it's new. It looks great (mine is red!) & it drives wonderfully. I had a Toyota Solara before this (it was my first car- I'm only 21). It was good but this car is GREAT! Buy one!!!

LOVE my Acura!
By Sarah on 11/30/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When it comes to cars, I must be spoiled, because my history of cars have all been great (1990 Honda Prelude, 1997 Accord sedan, and 2000 Accord coupe). But since I got my TSX in May of this year, I have been in love! This car is sporty, stylish, sleek, everything you could possibly want in a car, and with just enough a hint of luxury to make this mid-20s chick feel rich! I was in a collision in my TSX recently and felt absolutely safe in my Acura. It's five star collision rating proved to be true, and I am still in love with my TSX!

TSX fast car with poor gas mileage
By john on 09/08/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Very poor gas mileage on the first half tank of gas. Can burn 1/2 tank of gas in 1 day just doing local driving.

2005 Acura TSX
By Driver on 09/01/06 03:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The best drive I ever had in the TSX was the test drive. It makes a very good first impression. This quickly wears off though after you drive it for a month or two. It quickly develops rattles and squeaks and the precise handling quickly loses alignment. It's never starts without cranking too long. The fuel economy is much worse than advertised, even under optimal conditions. Seats are narrow and uncomfortable for an average-sized person. No side-body protective molding. Also, some of the fancy features are poorly implemented. It has power seats but no position memory which is worse (slower and less reliable) than plain old manual seats. There's no "mute" button for the stereo.