Used 2005 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Very Impressed
By Jeff

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car!!! Excellent handling and very quick. Also, I like that it doesn't have DRL's or automatic door locks and headlights, I like to be in control of the car, not the other way around. For the price, it can't be beat.

Favorite Features

Sportshift on 5AT, steering wheel mounted controls

Suggested Improvements

more hp never hurts

TSX forever
By Robert E

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My 2005 TSX handles like a dream. In the 3 years I have owned it, it has never given me a moment's problem. I do the routine maintenance and in return I have a car that I can rely on 100%. By far the best car I have ever owned

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, XM radio, smooth ride and easy to locate dip sticks for checking the various fluids.

Suggested Improvements

I would strongly suggest slightly wider and deeper side mirrors. This would give greater visibility when changing lanes, thus causing fewer accidents.

Very Good for price...!!!
By JimmyTSX

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first ACURA I own. All the amenities come as standard. The driving experience is good, not boring at all. The small I4- 2.4L, really performs well. Very smooth and ready to rev quite effortlessly. The interior is well laid-out and good materials abound. It surely gives you the feeling of a entry-luxury model. All in all, this car won't win over the famed and famous euro brands but for a model under 26K, the TSX will gain a lot of enthusiasts.

Favorite Features

The interior is well appointed and the leather seats are very supportive. Sound system with XM radio, lighted controls on steering wheel. HID lights. Smooth, rather quiet engine with precise trans... Honda-Acura reliability and quality-built through-out...TSX is an option to consider...

Suggested Improvements

The ride is firm but balanced. However, on rough roads, the car shows its sports tuned suspension quite diligently.. Wind and road noise are more than "minimal"...

After 4 yrs & 72k miles, still perfect!
By Ralph

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I bought this car used in 2007 with 32k miles. This is the best car we have ever purchased. Interior is very comfortable. Exterior is very stylish. We have the 6-speed manual and this car gets 26city/34hwy mpg consistently. I commute 45 miles to and from work everyday. This car is very quiet and handles great on the road, rain or shine. I just replaced the original tires at 65k miles. The H.I.D. headlights make it very easy to see at night (they light up the entire road!). The one issue that I had with the car was having to replace the passenger door lock actuator at 44K miles. Other than that, flawless.

Favorite Features

MPG is great! Quiet on the road. Interior is comfortable and functional.

Suggested Improvements

Door lock actuators. Memory seating should be standard (my wife is 5'2", I'm 6'0"!).

TSX
By bubba

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have over 170,000. A few problems, power locks, rear suspension (tow out), but for the miles and fuel mileage a fantastic auto. Navigation is outstanding, interior is of best quality. May buy anothr but only after 300,000 on this one.

Favorite Features

Sequential auto shifter,fuel mileage, navigation, interior quality, and dealership.

Suggested Improvements

build quality in regard to suspension and remote locking mechanism. Appears others have had difficulty with lock mechanish, susprised Acura didn't do a recall.