2005 Acura TSX Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Sort Reviews by

acura tsx
By Don Fuller

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a fun car to drive. It's more exciting to drive than my SHO was. Global navigation is great in my business. I originally bought it for my wife but she doesn't like a car telling her when to turn. Had to get her a new Lexus with no navigation to get it away from her

Favorite Features

Global Navigation

Suggested Improvements

TL or RL tail lights. Get rid of the Accord tail lights, even the Accord coupe ones would be great.

Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Pootie1026

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

What a joy to drive! It rides very smooth. Excellent pickup. Comfortable on long drives, roomy trunk.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel radio controls, auto temperature, EVERYTHING!!!

Suggested Improvements

Driver memory seats, auto door locks.

Best FWD Car on the Market!
By Acura Fan

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a blast to drive. It handles like a go-cart, has ample power, and looks good doing all of it. Throw in the standard XM Satellite Radio, heated leather seats, 360 watt stereo and all power, and you got a heck of a little sports sedan! You owe yourself a drive if you are looking at a C Class or 3 Series. Save yourself some money!

Favorite Features

Rev-happy, smooth i-VTEC 2.4L engine, XM Satellite Radio, Luxurious Cabin, Good Exterior looks and Excellent Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Grippier tires and maybe a tad more power, but that is it. Don't want torque steer to ruin the fun.

Outstanding Sports Sedan!
By Mitch G

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Absolutely one of the best values out there in the true sports (bordering on luxury) sedans. You can pay almost $10K more if you really need the BMW name. If you're okay without it, however, this car won't let you down. Once inside and driving it, you'll be sold. I can't help but smile every time I get in my new TSX. I'm 100% pleased - no buyer's remorse at all.

Favorite Features

Heated leather power seats; superb dash display and lighting; classy simplistic styling; everything is of the highest quality construction - no play on anything, anywhere!

Suggested Improvements

Tire pressure monitor should be added; otherwise includes everything you could want as standard.

TSXstacy!
By David Gifford

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As this is my very first brand-new car I may be a little biased. I did a lot of research and test drives and when the dust settled the TSX was the clear choice. Honda reliability, The Acura name-status without being pretentious and driveability. This car is fun to drive and you feel confident that it will handle most traffic situations with ease, except a stoplight-to-stoplight blast with any car with a potent V6 or better (not a big deal to me). Ergonomics seem to be dead-on and the seats are wonderful. I love the instrument cluster and how easy it is to read, even in bright daylight. If you are considering a new car, do not fail to test drive this one.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature? All of the interior, this car is great to be inside of. The navigation and stereo are both excellent as is the leather. The voice activation is cool. It'll be better once I learn the language.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing I can think of without just being greedy.

I love this car
By Jess F

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The interior sells the car. A very pleasant experience to drive. Very responsive. Bad weather! No problem.

Favorite Features

gas mileage on the highway - 33

Suggested Improvements

Lighted controls for cruise control

An Excellent Car For your Money
By goddsmack

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My choices: Mazda 3, Honda 2-D Accord EX V6 6-spd, Nissan Altima, Lexus IS300, and G35 coupe 6MT. The Acura standed out above all in terms of best gas mileage, cheaper insurance, bang for your buck, seat comfort and reliability. Although the accord was close and a better deal (below invoice) than the Acura , the thing that stirred me away from the accord is the really light feel of the accord clutch. The Lexus is a good vehicle reliable, but outdated and screams on the highway due to a 5-spd manual tranmission. The G35 is also fun to drive, but tire issues, gas mileage and brake issues deferred me away. The 3 is wonderful to drive, no issues, but the TSX has more prestige and room.

Favorite Features

Really the only good sports sedan out in the market with a manual tranmission and navigation, that just drives wonderfully. Butter smooth shifter, navigation system, suprisingly fast reacting climate control operation, XM satellite, and uniqueness that its rare and hard to find a 6MT with Navi in CA

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth technology would be nice such as that in the TL, a factory MP3/WNA player that reads ID tags instead of track and folder number, otherwise everything else is very well put together in the vehicle.

buy this car!!!
By kdw

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After several years of driving VW Jettas, I wanted a more sophistocated yet sporty vehical. Once I saw the TSX, I loved it - Once I drove the TSX I knew that I had to own it! Sorry VW, but the TSX give a whole new meaning to "FUN TO DRIVE". I bought my new TSX in July and have put nearly 11k enjoyable miles on it! I don't regret buying my car when I did, however, they have added heated side mirrors as well as power passenger seats. I still would buy mine again when I did - I love it!

Favorite Features

I love the whole car! The six disc in dash cd changer is rather nice though

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I would improve on would be to have automatic door locks when you reach 5 miles/hr for example

No import imitation here, the real deal
By bullet

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I cross-shopped the TSX with a Lexus IS 300. I felt the TSX has a more sophisticated interior, and that it would have better Snow Belt traction. I've driven my father's 2001 Camry XLE V6 which has 16" wheels and it felt very bouncy and jittery. I was shocked to find the TSX was very composed with larger 17" rims, except for the occassional road bumps, which feels like soft jolts. The TSX feels glued to the road at all times and it is quiet. The 4 cylinder engine is audible in the cabin at idle and there are tire noise on rough pavement. Acceleration in the 35mph-60mph range is smooth, very fast & responsive.

Favorite Features

Love my bright red TSX's full underbody spoiler kit, fog lights, and rear spoiler. Racy, sharp, and unique look; I have yet to see any TSX's in my area with the same setup. Agile and very quick reflexes.

Suggested Improvements

More low end torque.

All-around quality from Acura
By colleen

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So fun to drive. The all-around quality of this car especially for its price is above all others! Do not waste your time test driving other cars. You will love the TSX. The heated leather seats and new satellite radio are awesome. I love the heated side mirrors, especially in the San Francisco morning fog. Well-balanced everything.

Favorite Features

Heated, electric seats on both sides. XM satellite radio. Stereo controls on the wheel!

Suggested Improvements

None so far although I am still getting use to the automatic shifting gear.