Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

quality, value, fun
By dr

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have put 84,000 mi. on it and it is tight and rattle free. Still love the 6 spd manual. Everything functions as it should. I rent more expensive cars and miss the quality of the TSX. Premium gas is only real downside.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, handling, seats, few repairs.

Suggested Improvements

Regular gas. I-pod station.

After 4 yrs & 72k miles, still perfect!
By Ralph

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I bought this car used in 2007 with 32k miles. This is the best car we have ever purchased. Interior is very comfortable. Exterior is very stylish. We have the 6-speed manual and this car gets 26city/34hwy mpg consistently. I commute 45 miles to and from work everyday. This car is very quiet and handles great on the road, rain or shine. I just replaced the original tires at 65k miles. The H.I.D. headlights make it very easy to see at night (they light up the entire road!). The one issue that I had with the car was having to replace the passenger door lock actuator at 44K miles. Other than that, flawless.

Favorite Features

MPG is great! Quiet on the road. Interior is comfortable and functional.

Suggested Improvements

Door lock actuators. Memory seating should be standard (my wife is 5'2", I'm 6'0"!).

05 Acura TSX
By gw

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Gives outstanding gas mileage (30+ highway). Major problem with rear camber. (had kit installed) and door lock actuators. Otherwise fit and finish as well as performance had been what I expected. Wish Acura would put a four in the TL (more room). Would recommend for an average size or below average sized person.

Favorite Features

Handling, responsiveness, and fuel mileage, Navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Aforementioned problem cause me consternation as to the possibility of the waning quality control?

71K and going strong!
By Convert

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car, surprising acceleration for a 4 cylinder sedan. I have the manual six speed and normally get 30 - 31 mpg. It is a tight steering, solid built car that handles like a sports car. Overall design is well thought out and useful. Down side? I missed a rear window washer wiper, and view to the rear is in need of improvement, with perhaps different mirror size or design. Only problem I have had so far is the keyless entry system bowed out in partial failure. Lock/unlock doors has ceased to work without using the key.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, well thought out interior.

Suggested Improvements

Real need for better visibility to blind spots, bigger mirrors?

Very Good Buy
By scampbell

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about 3 years ago and it's been a great car so far. No issues at all. Gas mileage has been much better than advertised and I'm getting about 26/34 consistently. I looked at a bunch of cars before selecting this one and I can't imagine getting a better value anywhere else. The price of the car was very reasonable considering all the features you get. I will definitely consider buying another Acura when I decide to upgrade in a couple years.

Favorite Features

Navigation is more intuitive than some other brands. Leather seats are high quality. Layout on the dashboard looks great and very functional.

Suggested Improvements

bluetooth would have been nice (I know it's available now). Maybe a little more horsepower, but I like the gas mileage so I guess that's the trade-off.