2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Still fun after 3+ years
By coolbeap on 07/26/08 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new 3 years ago. I still love driving it! Still has great "curb appeal." My wife is tired of driving our minivan - always asking to drive the TSX to work. Black exterior looks brand new. TSX gives th appearance of a luxuray car but cost less than $26K (in 2005). Never been in for repair.

Extremely Happy!
By amora14 on 06/26/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Acura TSX a week ago, my prior car was the Ford Focus. I was going to get the Fusion but I wanted a car that could stand alone. I decided to go with the 2005 model because it had most everything the o8 had in it for almost half the price. The navigation system is awesome. I love to drive the car at night and night time use to be what I would dread. The car handles well around corners and when I come to a stop it so smooth! I did not realize Acura held the prestige in this car that it does. Excellent vehicle!

New to Acura
By Aaron on 06/10/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned a 2005 TSX about a month now and enjoy driving it every time. I have taken it through its paces and it handles nimbly and with ease. I do find the seats to be a bit uncomfortable on long trips and the gear shift a bit cheap feeling, especially when in sport shift mode. Overall, I feel the quality and reliability to be one of its strong points. I chose this car over the Audi A4 due to its standard features, reliability and performance. It looks really cool in black with tinted windows.

TSX forever
By Robert E on 06/01/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My 2005 TSX handles like a dream. In the 3 years I have owned it, it has never given me a moment's problem. I do the routine maintenance and in return I have a car that I can rely on 100%. By far the best car I have ever owned

Acura Fan
By Sharon on 04/22/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

10-yr owner of a 1994 Integra. Toss up between TL & TSX, but could not see a reason to pay the extra $6k for the TL. Wanted the flexibility of the rear fold down seats. Regularly get 23-25 mpg. The trunk now seems small since I’ve put a stroller in it. Battery replaced under warranty at 2.5 yrs – was in for an oil change & battery tested low so they changed it FREE. There was a rattle in the dash at cold temps – told it was a cantilevered dash, so basically a design flaw. Tried to fix 3 times & then a month or so after the last try it went away on its own. Most recent problem has been a side-to-side rock in the driver’s seat - fixed under warranty.

Love this Car!
By Fred&Wilma on 04/01/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We love this car. It handles so well and has plenty of power. The engine hums at 80 mph and stops on a dime. The interior is very comfortable and everything is in easy reach. We like the navi system and touch screen panel. The voice command system is ok and it's often quicker to use the touch screen. The car is much nicer than the Accord or Camry and costs about the same. Great value!

Best Acura yet
By jayroam on 12/29/07 22:57 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

By far, this is has been my favorite car I've ever owned. The interior is one of the best I've ever been in, and the exterior looks great and is timeless. For a car under $30k, it's a steal.

Sweet Car
By sylvester vanchiro on 10/04/07 18:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I looked at 3 other cars in this class, and after it was all said and done, I knew this was the car I wanted. Two years later I still am one happy driver. This car has and does everything I need in a car and the reliability has just been great. Can't really say enough about this car, just happy I made the right decision.

Few details short of perfection
By knoef on 08/22/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The car is fun to drive, very easy to live with and a great value. Having said that, I could point out a couple of things that annoy me a bit. Only the driver side window is auto down and have to hold the sunroof switch as well. The headrests can be a bit higher (I am 6'2). Otherwise the car is perfect. Light on center steering, a lot of grip and very predicable at the limit. By the way, I know my complaints are very minor that's what separates this car from being perfect. Of course, it doesn't have the ergonomics or style of A4 but it doesn't fall apart. It doesn't have performance of RWD BMW 3 but you can buy two tsx for the price of one 335.

'05 TSX
By Tgr on 07/29/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Acura’s reputation for quality and reliability as well as inclusive standard features are what persuaded me to purchase the car. I have 21k miles on my TSX and my only complaint has to do with the occasional squeak or rattle I hear on the open road. For instance, the moon roof visor occasionally rattles in the open position and the glove compartment squeaks more often than not. However, overall I've been impressed and I will sure keep this car for a while.