Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Good Value
By mplssetter

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 68K miles on it for a very good price. I love it so far. I had a Jetta before and the TSX is much more powerful and rides very smooth. I have owned it for 6 months and the only issue so far is with the door locks failing to work with the remote. I see that has been a problem in other reviews as well. I hope it's not expensive to fix. I plan on keeping this car for another few years.

Door locks and the trunk lid won't stay up by itself.

quality, value, fun
By dr

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have put 84,000 mi. on it and it is tight and rattle free. Still love the 6 spd manual. Everything functions as it should. I rent more expensive cars and miss the quality of the TSX. Premium gas is only real downside.

Manual transmission, handling, seats, few repairs.

Regular gas. I-pod station.

After 4 yrs & 72k miles, still perfect!
By Ralph

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I bought this car used in 2007 with 32k miles. This is the best car we have ever purchased. Interior is very comfortable. Exterior is very stylish. We have the 6-speed manual and this car gets 26city/34hwy mpg consistently. I commute 45 miles to and from work everyday. This car is very quiet and handles great on the road, rain or shine. I just replaced the original tires at 65k miles. The H.I.D. headlights make it very easy to see at night (they light up the entire road!). The one issue that I had with the car was having to replace the passenger door lock actuator at 44K miles. Other than that, flawless.

MPG is great! Quiet on the road. Interior is comfortable and functional.

Door lock actuators. Memory seating should be standard (my wife is 5'2", I'm 6'0"!).

05 Acura TSX
By gw

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Gives outstanding gas mileage (30+ highway). Major problem with rear camber. (had kit installed) and door lock actuators. Otherwise fit and finish as well as performance had been what I expected. Wish Acura would put a four in the TL (more room). Would recommend for an average size or below average sized person.

Handling, responsiveness, and fuel mileage, Navigation.

Aforementioned problem cause me consternation as to the possibility of the waning quality control?

71K and going strong!
By Convert

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car, surprising acceleration for a 4 cylinder sedan. I have the manual six speed and normally get 30 - 31 mpg. It is a tight steering, solid built car that handles like a sports car. Overall design is well thought out and useful. Down side? I missed a rear window washer wiper, and view to the rear is in need of improvement, with perhaps different mirror size or design. Only problem I have had so far is the keyless entry system bowed out in partial failure. Lock/unlock doors has ceased to work without using the key.

Acceleration, well thought out interior.

Real need for better visibility to blind spots, bigger mirrors?