2005 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Awesome Car
By steve on 03/05/05 08:28 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car in December and have about 2200 miles on it. This car is the sports car my Eclipse never was. Great handling, smooth ride and great acceleration. You'd think you had a V6 under the hood. The quality is typical Honda/Acura--everything works perfectly. I really like the design of the interior--beautifully thought out, clean, functional, comfortable. I also bought the spoiler and aero kit for a more agressive look. The car looks fantastic in black.

Excellent car! Could not be happier!
By Chris on 02/28/05 21:20 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car comes loaded with features already, moonroof, heated seats, dual climate control, xenon lights, 6-disc in dash, great audio, no need to upgrade unless you want navigation. The price is great. The power is surprising for a 4 cylinder. It has plenty of kick when you hit the pedal. The car is solid, handles just fine, is great in the snow, and has great safety features. The optional navigation system is easy to use, has a lot of features, including voice activation. The fuel economy is great. Premium Fuel. Navigation system has a trip computer to give you information on fuel usage, mileage left, and averages. Overall great car, very fun to drive, well built, and good resale value.

Florida TSX
By Florida on 02/19/05 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 17k miles, it is still a joy to drive. The engine loves to rev and the suspension is smooth and yet still turns in and corners like a 4-door Miata. In fact, having owned a Miata, there is little to choose in that area, but here I have a much more comfortable, roomier and quieter car. I considered the Golf GTI V6 and the Acura RSX. The Golf was not as comfortable and although it may have been quicker, it didn't feel quicker. Also the 6 spd. shift linkage was not nearly as nice as the TSX, but miles better than the 5 speed Golf. The RSX was not nearly as quiet as the TSX, and I preferred the extra room.

By will on 02/18/05 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased an'04 this month. Its a great car. fist tank of gas, mpg 25 city driving. The back seat leg room is tight for average size person. Its fun to drive, tight, no noises. Firm ride of bumpy roads. Has good power and acceleration, and handles good. I looked at the TL but a little high for my budget, The Accord, everyone has one and the maxima good room but didnt like the lay out of the dash. I got a good price and a new car warranty.

Buyer's remorse - what's that?
By JoeShmoe on 02/14/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a nicely equipped, fun to drive car that wouldn't break 35 grand level. I had a closer look and test drove A4 1.8T, 325i and TSX. Audi and BMW are of course very nice cars but once you start throwing in options (leather seats, premium stereo, xenon lights, etc) it is very difficult to stay beyond the price level I wanted. The TSX is a whole different story - it drives as nice as the other cars, it comes fully loaded and what really sold me is reliability - being a very busy professional I have no time to waste at repair shops. I never double guessed my decision - the car looks great, drives like a dream and is a real head turner. Get one, you won't regret.

Buy the Accord
By Scott S. on 02/14/05 12:51 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was preparing to replace my Honda Accord and wanted to move up. The TSX doesn't feel any smaller, but the backseat is a full 2-inches smaller for legroom. While 2 inches may not seem like much, it matters when you have children. Then there's the matter of power. This car does not zip. The Accord V6 has 40 more HP, and gets the same gas mileage. If you're going to compare - the Accord V6 with Nav is more comparable to the TL, not the TSX. The TSX feels more like a spiffy Civic.

Very nice
By bob on 02/12/05 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

For about $500 more than the accord v6, you get a much nicer vehicle and service.

My 1st Acura
By Wendy on 02/12/05 00:07 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I know that I will be an Acura owner for life. My car is over a year old and I still love it as much today as I did the day I drove it off the lot. It is sleek & sporty, comfortable and not to mention, fast! I get so many compliments on the exterior, but once you'll gone for a ride, you just can't stop talking about it. Everyone's impressed and so am I!

2005 Acura TSX 6sp
By p man on 02/11/05 02:00 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been very satisfied with this car so far. I test drove mazda6 and accord and they just didn't have any power. TSX manual has little bit more kick then automatic, but worse fuel economy. I wish traction control was working better. VSA is great...

acura tsx
By Don Fuller on 02/06/05 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a fun car to drive. It's more exciting to drive than my SHO was. Global navigation is great in my business. I originally bought it for my wife but she doesn't like a car telling her when to turn. Had to get her a new Lexus with no navigation to get it away from her