2005 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews 19

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

2005 TSX Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Rating
Say no to BMW 3, say yes to TSX
By Hgood

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

To get all that you get with a TSX with navigation, you'd have to pay at least 10-12 grand more for the same on the BMW 3 series, which is a less reliable car, with costlier repairs. The TSX has buttery smooth handling, an interior that feels more luxurious than the 3 series, and it has ACURA bulletproof reliability. So if you're willing to overpay, have more repairs just so you can show of your little BMW badge, go waste more than ten grand more and get the 3 series. The navi on the BMW is inferior to that on the TSX to boot. THE TSX IS REALLY FUN TO RIDE, IS REAL ZIPPY, and is a class car with an engine just about the same size as the 3 series. Smart people buy the TSX not the BMW.

Favorite Features

Voice-activated NAVIGATION, auto-dimmming mirror, heated seats, standard satellite radio, cool insturment display, lots of storage compartments, more than the 3 series, cool tail lights, electronic seats standard for driver AND passenger.

Suggested Improvements

Acura made all the necessary improvements this year by illuminating the steering wheel controls, adding satellite radio standard, and making the passenger seat with electronic controls. PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THIS CAR. Perfect as is and really sweet in Carbon Grey.

Awesome Car
By steve

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car in December and have about 2200 miles on it. This car is the sports car my Eclipse never was. Great handling, smooth ride and great acceleration. You'd think you had a V6 under the hood. The quality is typical Honda/Acura--everything works perfectly. I really like the design of the interior--beautifully thought out, clean, functional, comfortable. I also bought the spoiler and aero kit for a more agressive look. The car looks fantastic in black.

Favorite Features

Sound system, 5-speed automatic--very slick, looks, great interior design.

Suggested Improvements

a 2-door model and a V6 would be fantastic.

Excellent car! Could not be happier!
By Chris

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car comes loaded with features already, moonroof, heated seats, dual climate control, xenon lights, 6-disc in dash, great audio, no need to upgrade unless you want navigation. The price is great. The power is surprising for a 4 cylinder. It has plenty of kick when you hit the pedal. The car is solid, handles just fine, is great in the snow, and has great safety features. The optional navigation system is easy to use, has a lot of features, including voice activation. The fuel economy is great. Premium Fuel. Navigation system has a trip computer to give you information on fuel usage, mileage left, and averages. Overall great car, very fun to drive, well built, and good resale value.

Florida TSX
By Florida

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 17k miles, it is still a joy to drive. The engine loves to rev and the suspension is smooth and yet still turns in and corners like a 4-door Miata. In fact, having owned a Miata, there is little to choose in that area, but here I have a much more comfortable, roomier and quieter car. I considered the Golf GTI V6 and the Acura RSX. The Golf was not as comfortable and although it may have been quicker, it didn't feel quicker. Also the 6 spd. shift linkage was not nearly as nice as the TSX, but miles better than the 5 speed Golf. The RSX was not nearly as quiet as the TSX, and I preferred the extra room.

Favorite Features

Engine flexibility and smoothness, crisp 6 spd manual, smooth ride, but tight handling at the same time.

Suggested Improvements

Throttle response can be jerky; engine needs to rev to get strong acceleration; needs lighted buttons for steering controls, and heater mirrors and memory seats. I think the 05s have the first and last of those.

By will

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased an'04 this month. Its a great car. fist tank of gas, mpg 25 city driving. The back seat leg room is tight for average size person. Its fun to drive, tight, no noises. Firm ride of bumpy roads. Has good power and acceleration, and handles good. I looked at the TL but a little high for my budget, The Accord, everyone has one and the maxima good room but didnt like the lay out of the dash. I got a good price and a new car warranty.

Favorite Features

interior trim...fuel efficiency, head lights.. the way it drives.. and the fact that I dont see too many of them on the road and I live in Dallas

Suggested Improvements

well, I wish the leg room in the back was more but that would make this model the TL.

Buyer's remorse - what's that?
By JoeShmoe

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a nicely equipped, fun to drive car that wouldn't break 35 grand level. I had a closer look and test drove A4 1.8T, 325i and TSX. Audi and BMW are of course very nice cars but once you start throwing in options (leather seats, premium stereo, xenon lights, etc) it is very difficult to stay beyond the price level I wanted. The TSX is a whole different story - it drives as nice as the other cars, it comes fully loaded and what really sold me is reliability - being a very busy professional I have no time to waste at repair shops. I never double guessed my decision - the car looks great, drives like a dream and is a real head turner. Get one, you won't regret.

Favorite Features

XM sattelite radio, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, heated seats, dual climate controls, 17-inch wheels

Suggested Improvements

More HPs wouldn't hurt.

Buy the Accord
By Scott S.

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was preparing to replace my Honda Accord and wanted to move up. The TSX doesn't feel any smaller, but the backseat is a full 2-inches smaller for legroom. While 2 inches may not seem like much, it matters when you have children. Then there's the matter of power. This car does not zip. The Accord V6 has 40 more HP, and gets the same gas mileage. If you're going to compare - the Accord V6 with Nav is more comparable to the TL, not the TSX. The TSX feels more like a spiffy Civic.

Favorite Features

Reliable - it's an Acura.

Suggested Improvements

More power or better gas mileage - this is a double loser. Back seat is too small. Interior design is inconsistent. If I asked for wood trim, I shouldn't *still* have the "brushed aluminum." Car is too expensive for the level of performance/design.

Very nice
By bob

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

For about $500 more than the accord v6, you get a much nicer vehicle and service.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual is a must with this car's engine.

Suggested Improvements

A little more low end torque would be nice, bigger tires, and built in fog lights to round out the front end.

My 1st Acura
By Wendy

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I know that I will be an Acura owner for life. My car is over a year old and I still love it as much today as I did the day I drove it off the lot. It is sleek & sporty, comfortable and not to mention, fast! I get so many compliments on the exterior, but once you'll gone for a ride, you just can't stop talking about it. Everyone's impressed and so am I!

Favorite Features

The leather interior, navigation capabilities, the smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Add satellite radio.

2005 Acura TSX 6sp
By p man

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been very satisfied with this car so far. I test drove mazda6 and accord and they just didn't have any power. TSX manual has little bit more kick then automatic, but worse fuel economy. I wish traction control was working better. VSA is great...

Favorite Features

HID lights, handling, engine sound, shifting, looks.

Suggested Improvements

seat memory, easy cargo net installation, AWD, more low end torque, car speed adjusteble volume and wiper speed; cheaper navigation option; option to switch from english to metric system; daylight head lights