Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

All the major things right but
By stillooking

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

could do much better with build quality on minor but irritating items. First month, discovered high pitch noise from ventilation fan. Third month, discovered creaking noise from the windshield. Currently, have buzzing noise from drivers door. Two of the three were eventually fixed after multiple visits to two dealerships. Other than these minor problems, it has been a great drive.

Favorite Features

Great balance of power, handling, and braking with comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Taller gearing for 6th gear to get better gas milage, the manual gets 10% less milage than the automatic. 36 mpg would be great. More choice in tires. Only one brand fits.

Am I the only one with problems!
By TW

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I seem to be alone after reading these reviews. I have had many problems with my TSX. It has been back to the dealer more than I can count for multiple problems. The biggest problem of all being the wheels on the car constantly being out of aliment, balance, or bent. Seems the car can not handle normal driving on highways in the east. Other problems encountered: Peeling finish on wheels, rusting sill plates in doors, broken power seat, Light out on heated seated, speedometer whines when driving it all the time, mirror shakes while driving, Recall for wiring. Not sure what to do anymore! What happens when the warranty is over. Seriously thinking about trading it in.

Favorite Features

Seating comfort, design/layout of interior.

Suggested Improvements

Make better wheels and components that are not going to break so soon. I only have 27000 miles on the car. Everyone told me how good hondas are. I am really questioning that now.

New Acura Owner
By AS

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my Acura TSX and I love it! It is the most attractive sports sedan on the road in my opinion and people actually turn to look at it.

Favorite Features

The cool interior and the navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

More power (although I know I could have gotten a bigger engine in another car, I wanted this car . . . I would have paid for a bigger engine) and a better arm rest!

Domestics? Who needs domestics?
By Mark

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Initially, I was looking to stay under $25k with my new vehicle purchase. I commute 95 miles roundtrip daily and wanted something reliable and fun to drive. One look at the TSX and my price concerns suddenly didn't matter. Then, I got behind the wheel. The moment I sat in the TSX, I was sold. It just fit! The seats are well bolstered and very comfortable, the instrument panel is laid out well, and the six speed is just sweet! After a test drive, I knew that I wanted one. After some research, I decided to go ahead. I love this car! I'm at 5,500 miles and love it more than the day I brought it home!

Favorite Features

The navigation system is truly a convenience that I'm not sure how I ever lived without. The six speed is the smoothest shifting manual that I've ever driven. The HID headlights took a little getting used to but now that I have, I love the amount of light they provide!

Suggested Improvements

The stereo is probably the weakest link in the car. I've heard the sound described as "muddy" and I agree. I've heard that aftermarket speakers help immensly. Automatic headlights would be nice, as would a memory seat.

Nice car, but a four cylinder
By CFS

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was talked into buying this car by my brother - he wanted me to have something "reliable". I have no real complaints about it other than the headlights - they have to be turned on and off and the halogen headlights have other drivers constantly flashing their lights at me - thinking I have my brights on when I don't. Also, you can't open the windows when it's raining because the water comes in. It's quick for a four cylinder but too slow for my taste (I drove Pontiac Bonnevilles for years and am now wishing I had purchased another one.) I'll be trading it in after two years for a faster car. I got better gas mileage on the highway with my Bonnevilles than I do with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Cruise and radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo. Offer cloth seats. Change headlights.