2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Great Interior for the Money
By Travis on 12/06/05 22:18 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I chose this vehicle over many others because of the excellent navigation system and great interior. I spend a lot of time driving, so a comfortable interior and good gas mileage were the most important attributes I was looking for in a vehicle. Now that I have a navigation system, I don't think I'll ever buy a car without it. The resale value and little necessary maintenance were other selling points. My only dislikes are the front wheel drive (I would have definitely preferred AWD or RWD). The exterior styling is sporty on my car, because I have the Milano Red paint with the optional spoiler. Overall a very comfortable, sporty, and economical long distance cruiser.

Awesome Car!
By Billy on 11/17/05 06:23 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. Not only are most all the feature voice command but everything is of easy reach. The stereo system is awesome. VSA works wonders, I use it all the time.

Great Car
By Frankie on 11/11/05 18:42 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. My second Acura (1994 Integra), I went back to Acura for the dependability. I love this car. The six-speed makes it fun to drive and the pick up makes it rewarding to press the gas. The navigation system is a feature I do not plan to live without again, and the XM radio is nice when traveling.

Great car
By sportingbill on 10/27/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The Acura TSX is supposed to be the entry-level sedan. If it is, this is a fine entry level. Everything, meaning everything, has performed as advertised on this car since purchase 10 months ago. It is quick, it is nimble, it is a blast to drive. If you are overweight, you might not be as comfortable in this smallish interior as some. It has a 4-cylinder engine, but it is tuned to performance levels. Pickup has never been an issue.

Keep it simple
By skshrews on 08/14/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife just bought this car after 13 years and 250K in an Acura Integra, '92. Smooth, comfortable, and not "overly-teched", the car is simple to operate. Sunroof, leather seats, plenty of storage is standard. Acceleration is excellent, and 6 speed manual keeps you entertained while driving. Pricing is reasonable relative similar cars. We've been getting over 30-35 MPG. Acura reliability is the best in the business, the first scheduled maintenance (other than oil changes) is 100K.

Domestics? Who needs domestics?
By Mark on 08/05/05 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Initially, I was looking to stay under $25k with my new vehicle purchase. I commute 95 miles roundtrip daily and wanted something reliable and fun to drive. One look at the TSX and my price concerns suddenly didn't matter. Then, I got behind the wheel. The moment I sat in the TSX, I was sold. It just fit! The seats are well bolstered and very comfortable, the instrument panel is laid out well, and the six speed is just sweet! After a test drive, I knew that I wanted one. After some research, I decided to go ahead. I love this car! I'm at 5,500 miles and love it more than the day I brought it home!

Love my new TSX
By Lesley on 07/30/05 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Between the stick shift, the Nav system, and the XM Satellite radio, this car satisfies everything I wanted in a new car. Did my research and it paid off!

Best Overall Value
By Scott on 07/29/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for almost a year now (silver w/6spd). Pros: many standard features, superior quality build, perfect control layout, low maint. requirements, fun to drive. Cons: average stereo, weak engine below 3k RPMs, occasional dash rattle, and seemingly weak paint. The paint seems thin as even the slightest rock chips/scratches the paint. I have had cars with more durable finishes. Overall: You will not find a car in this class that beats the TSX when it comes to value. I looked at the Audi, for example, and when you look at cost vs. features, build quality, reliability, etc., nothing can complete with the TSX's value.

Great Car - So much Fun
By Jerry on 07/22/05 20:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. It is fun to drive, especially if you are an aggressive driver. I think that it could use a little more horsepower. If they bumped it up to about 230hp I think that it would be a little better. But other than that it is great. I actually added an air intake to it which increased the hp, torque and gas mileage. Plus it adds a little more growl to the engine at higher RPM's.

Like no other
By Teamunik on 07/09/05 04:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car has just about all you need in a vehicle. You'll turn heads everywhere you go with this one of a kind sport sedan. The best thing of all......It's a Honda....!!!