Used 2005 Acura TSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great Interior for the Money
By Travis

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I chose this vehicle over many others because of the excellent navigation system and great interior. I spend a lot of time driving, so a comfortable interior and good gas mileage were the most important attributes I was looking for in a vehicle. Now that I have a navigation system, I don't think I'll ever buy a car without it. The resale value and little necessary maintenance were other selling points. My only dislikes are the front wheel drive (I would have definitely preferred AWD or RWD). The exterior styling is sporty on my car, because I have the Milano Red paint with the optional spoiler. Overall a very comfortable, sporty, and economical long distance cruiser.

Favorite Features

Great navigation system. Best interior for the money...but only with the navigation system. Excellent manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Better stock tires - the stock tires seem to squeal too easily. Of course more power - if they can keep good gas mileage and the same price point. I wish it wasn't FWD, but that of course is wishful thinking, and not practical since the TSX is based on the European Honda Accord.

Awesome Car!
By Billy

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. Not only are most all the feature voice command but everything is of easy reach. The stereo system is awesome. VSA works wonders, I use it all the time.

Favorite Features

I love the Navigational System, easy to use and the voice tells you very accurately when to turn without having to look at the screen. Awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing! Leave car alone it is awesome!

Great Car
By Frankie

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. My second Acura (1994 Integra), I went back to Acura for the dependability. I love this car. The six-speed makes it fun to drive and the pick up makes it rewarding to press the gas. The navigation system is a feature I do not plan to live without again, and the XM radio is nice when traveling.

Favorite Features

The navigation system is all it's meant to be. The six-speed is a must!

Suggested Improvements

Needs auto headlights, memory seats, and auto locking doors on acceleration. Would also like one touch, up/down on windows and sunroof. Any plans for a convertible?

Great car
By sportingbill

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The Acura TSX is supposed to be the entry-level sedan. If it is, this is a fine entry level. Everything, meaning everything, has performed as advertised on this car since purchase 10 months ago. It is quick, it is nimble, it is a blast to drive. If you are overweight, you might not be as comfortable in this smallish interior as some. It has a 4-cylinder engine, but it is tuned to performance levels. Pickup has never been an issue.

Favorite Features

Everything. The mapping program is great; try to find the nearest starbucks and it finds hundreds ranked by how close they are to you and which direction; the xm-satellite radio is a treat on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

The cabin temperature sensor seems like it lags what the actual temp is; if it's really cold in the cabin and you ask for 70 degrees, it will really crank heat until you're turning down the dial. would also like auto locks on doors when in gear and auto headlights when it gets to dusk.

Keep it simple
By skshrews

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife just bought this car after 13 years and 250K in an Acura Integra, '92. Smooth, comfortable, and not "overly-teched", the car is simple to operate. Sunroof, leather seats, plenty of storage is standard. Acceleration is excellent, and 6 speed manual keeps you entertained while driving. Pricing is reasonable relative similar cars. We've been getting over 30-35 MPG. Acura reliability is the best in the business, the first scheduled maintenance (other than oil changes) is 100K.

Favorite Features

Acura fit and finish Not too many gadgets Price MPG

Suggested Improvements

Center console limits driver leg room somewhat.