2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Very good car
By sam on 07/19/10 22:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Hi! everyone I just like to tell you guys that this car that I have TXS is one of the best cars that I ever have I take I trip from Maryland to Mexico back and for and the car it was excellent I wish I had this car before and just change oil and gas and I have no problem I know guys to repair this car it cost a lot of money but it worth every penny that you spend.

quality, value, fun
By dr on 06/09/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have put 84,000 mi. on it and it is tight and rattle free. Still love the 6 spd manual. Everything functions as it should. I rent more expensive cars and miss the quality of the TSX. Premium gas is only real downside.

After 4 yrs & 72k miles, still perfect!
By Ralph on 08/16/09 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I bought this car used in 2007 with 32k miles. This is the best car we have ever purchased. Interior is very comfortable. Exterior is very stylish. We have the 6-speed manual and this car gets 26city/34hwy mpg consistently. I commute 45 miles to and from work everyday. This car is very quiet and handles great on the road, rain or shine. I just replaced the original tires at 65k miles. The H.I.D. headlights make it very easy to see at night (they light up the entire road!). The one issue that I had with the car was having to replace the passenger door lock actuator at 44K miles. Other than that, flawless.

05 Acura TSX
By gw on 04/20/09 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Gives outstanding gas mileage (30+ highway). Major problem with rear camber. (had kit installed) and door lock actuators. Otherwise fit and finish as well as performance had been what I expected. Wish Acura would put a four in the TL (more room). Would recommend for an average size or below average sized person.

71K and going strong!
By Convert on 10/16/08 04:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car, surprising acceleration for a 4 cylinder sedan. I have the manual six speed and normally get 30 - 31 mpg. It is a tight steering, solid built car that handles like a sports car. Overall design is well thought out and useful. Down side? I missed a rear window washer wiper, and view to the rear is in need of improvement, with perhaps different mirror size or design. Only problem I have had so far is the keyless entry system bowed out in partial failure. Lock/unlock doors has ceased to work without using the key.

Very Good Buy
By scampbell on 08/26/08 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about 3 years ago and it's been a great car so far. No issues at all. Gas mileage has been much better than advertised and I'm getting about 26/34 consistently. I looked at a bunch of cars before selecting this one and I can't imagine getting a better value anywhere else. The price of the car was very reasonable considering all the features you get. I will definitely consider buying another Acura when I decide to upgrade in a couple years.

TSX premiem
By Mir on 07/28/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

VSA light came on 3 times or more, car would not go into reverse at times, CD player is weak and sensitive had that replaced as well very disappointed in car could use a lot more horsepower, kills on gas could be better, horrible for 4 cylinder feels like, you're driving a v6 with the gas mileage.

Still fun after 3+ years
By coolbeap on 07/26/08 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new 3 years ago. I still love driving it! Still has great "curb appeal." My wife is tired of driving our minivan - always asking to drive the TSX to work. Black exterior looks brand new. TSX gives th appearance of a luxuray car but cost less than $26K (in 2005). Never been in for repair.

Extremely Happy!
By amora14 on 06/26/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Acura TSX a week ago, my prior car was the Ford Focus. I was going to get the Fusion but I wanted a car that could stand alone. I decided to go with the 2005 model because it had most everything the o8 had in it for almost half the price. The navigation system is awesome. I love to drive the car at night and night time use to be what I would dread. The car handles well around corners and when I come to a stop it so smooth! I did not realize Acura held the prestige in this car that it does. Excellent vehicle!

New to Acura
By Aaron on 06/10/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned a 2005 TSX about a month now and enjoy driving it every time. I have taken it through its paces and it handles nimbly and with ease. I do find the seats to be a bit uncomfortable on long trips and the gear shift a bit cheap feeling, especially when in sport shift mode. Overall, I feel the quality and reliability to be one of its strong points. I chose this car over the Audi A4 due to its standard features, reliability and performance. It looks really cool in black with tinted windows.