Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Love my Acura TSX
By Tray

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

'05 Nighthawk Pearl TSX
By Sophia

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car exactly two years ago. It is a very small and super comfortable car. It definitely is a comuter car. My 05 has comfortable tan leather seats. I love my LED lights!! I tinted my windows so the car looks even better. I had to eventually get new brakes and 3 of my cylinders blew up which was provoked by the previous owner who used the wrong material the first time! My battery eventually gave out so i replaced it. I just replaced my thermostat which was constantly fluctuating in temp in a span of 2 minutes. The costs were low and the parts were cheap. Unfortunately the car does not come with an aux so i bought a cheap mp3-radio converter. I used to be able to hit 350 mpt but now i barely get bg 330 miles (depends on traffic!!!!!!!!) Cheapest i paid was $32 for gas without any safeway discounts and the most i have paid was 65-70$ (cant remember exactly). My tank holds 14 gallons. I have seen really nice bumper body kits that make the car look nice! This is not a race car!!!!! I despise seeing tsxs and hondas built completely when in reality theyre not rally cars!!!! (I have seen a dope built tsx though. It only looks good if the owner knows what theyre doing to their car except for Honda fanatics! Stay away from those!!!) I do not suggest putting an exhaust because it will sound horrible and everyone will laugh at you. V techs produce farting sounds! You cant escape that noise..ever. Acuras and hondas are not rally cars! They shouldnt be built especially stanced.... Overall, it is a fun and cute car! Still my first car but definitely was/is a great learning experience and comuter car. Parks easily. The costs are reasonable. I

2005, but still very relevant!
By sternerd

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Needed to upgrade my 1999 Accord EX-V6. Despite numerous issues with it, I still like Honda's reliability overall and have always liked Acuras. Got an incredible deal on a used TSX from an owner who babied it since he bought it in 2004; only 55k miles. It still looks and runs like it's brand new. Love how it handles, love the interior. Has some pep, but I find it relatively quiet. Very sleek and stylish I think looks better than a lot of cars that are new. As other reviewers have mentioned, I've had a lot of compliments. For a 10 year old car, it's pretty impressive. Downside is the premium gas. Thankfully, not filling up often so cost offsets. 24/32 MPG.

Heated seats, leather, moonroof, interior lighting at night, dash.

No Aux port. This year just missed bluetooth. Back seat is tight; Acura TL is larger.

Bad Milano Red Paint, Acura Reluctant to Fix
By doug_g

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car drives great but Acura does not want to stand behind its very poor quality paint. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A RED ONE!!! Unless of course you like pink cars. The assistance they offered for a repaint job only covered 1/4 of the cost. Don't forget that it take premium fuel too. Costs much more than a Honda to own.

Nice blend of handling and performance with sedan practicality

Paint and customer service.

TSX
By bubba

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have over 170,000. A few problems, power locks, rear suspension (tow out), but for the miles and fuel mileage a fantastic auto. Navigation is outstanding, interior is of best quality. May buy anothr but only after 300,000 on this one.

Sequential auto shifter,fuel mileage, navigation, interior quality, and dealership.

build quality in regard to suspension and remote locking mechanism. Appears others have had difficulty with lock mechanish, susprised Acura didn't do a recall.

• SUV