Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

2005, but still very relevant!
By sternerd

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Needed to upgrade my 1999 Accord EX-V6. Despite numerous issues with it, I still like Honda's reliability overall and have always liked Acuras. Got an incredible deal on a used TSX from an owner who babied it since he bought it in 2004; only 55k miles. It still looks and runs like it's brand new. Love how it handles, love the interior. Has some pep, but I find it relatively quiet. Very sleek and stylish I think looks better than a lot of cars that are new. As other reviewers have mentioned, I've had a lot of compliments. For a 10 year old car, it's pretty impressive. Downside is the premium gas. Thankfully, not filling up often so cost offsets. 24/32 MPG.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, leather, moonroof, interior lighting at night, dash.

Suggested Improvements

No Aux port. This year just missed bluetooth. Back seat is tight; Acura TL is larger.

Bad Milano Red Paint, Acura Reluctant to Fix
By doug_g

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car drives great but Acura does not want to stand behind its very poor quality paint. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A RED ONE!!! Unless of course you like pink cars. The assistance they offered for a repaint job only covered 1/4 of the cost. Don't forget that it take premium fuel too. Costs much more than a Honda to own.

Favorite Features

Nice blend of handling and performance with sedan practicality

Suggested Improvements

Paint and customer service.

TSX
By bubba

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have over 170,000. A few problems, power locks, rear suspension (tow out), but for the miles and fuel mileage a fantastic auto. Navigation is outstanding, interior is of best quality. May buy anothr but only after 300,000 on this one.

Favorite Features

Sequential auto shifter,fuel mileage, navigation, interior quality, and dealership.

Suggested Improvements

build quality in regard to suspension and remote locking mechanism. Appears others have had difficulty with lock mechanish, susprised Acura didn't do a recall.

Very good car
By sam

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Hi! everyone I just like to tell you guys that this car that I have TXS is one of the best cars that I ever have I take I trip from Maryland to Mexico back and for and the car it was excellent I wish I had this car before and just change oil and gas and I have no problem I know guys to repair this car it cost a lot of money but it worth every penny that you spend.

Good Value
By mplssetter

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 68K miles on it for a very good price. I love it so far. I had a Jetta before and the TSX is much more powerful and rides very smooth. I have owned it for 6 months and the only issue so far is with the door locks failing to work with the remote. I see that has been a problem in other reviews as well. I hope it's not expensive to fix. I plan on keeping this car for another few years.

Suggested Improvements

Door locks and the trunk lid won't stay up by itself.