2004 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
One Year Later - 2004 TSX
By mrsingh1 on 03/23/05 22:23 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

A good compromise for an entry level luxury sport sedan for under $30K. No problems after one year to date, minor recall on the back tail lights/trunk. Love the interior design and gauges at night. If you are use to American V-8's or V-6's, you will miss the torque of those engines, especially if moving from an American/Chevy V-8 as I did to this inline 4 cylinder. For the price performance is adequate, not great, especially if you are use to driving V-8's in the past. Power/Torque does not kick in until over 4000 RPM. Great car overall, first Acura I have bought, likely not the last, next time it will be the TL.

14K miles after
By Happy Gilmore... on 03/14/05 17:44 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've own the car for over a year (2 winters) and still love to drive it. I waited 6 months delivery and for a while it was the only one on the road. I see more of them now but not as many as Beemers and such. It is elegant but yet suttle, sporty yet functional. It took me a while to 'learn' how to use the tiptronic shift but now I refuse to go back to the old ways (manual shift). The throttle by wire also takes a while to master. The performance between 3000 and 7000 rpm is awesome, however, don't expect great fuel economy. My advice remains: if you are thinking about it, try it and you'll love it too, it gets better with time.

my dream car
By dina on 03/02/05 23:11 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Ever since I road tested it until now I'm still in love with it. I love the way it looks and the way it drives and most of all I love the way that it turns heads.

TSX Best 4 banger around
By TSX Speed Demon on 02/15/05 16:41 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We have now owned our TSX for a year. "ITS THE BOMB!!!" Great pickup and wonderful to drive. The only thing I would change is the placement of the moon roof control to the center console so the passenger can control it too! Our schnauzer loves it too he can even control the windows himself. The navigation is a godsend for my wife, who I might add now has no excuse for being lost or late for an appt. We have the wood feature on ours and who ever said it looks fake doesn't know what their talking about. Its just because they have put alot of clear over the wood to protect it for years to come. We will definitely be keeping this vehicle till it falls apart!! Ha Ha!!

Great choice! Can't regret at all.
By Fai on 02/11/05 15:41 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

So far so good. I drove all kinds of car including Japanese, Europeans and Americans. This one impresses me a lot. Great feeling to drive this car along with luxury feel. All thumbs up. A little rattling problem, but who cares when you can enjoy all the other fun gave you by this vehicle.

unbelievable!!!
By war eagle on 01/27/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

A great, reliable, and simple luxury sports sedan. This car is very capable, but is also very tame. It is also a great value. Not too good for city driving, however - small windows, poor bumper bash ratings, and low mpg in city. A lot of safety features. Not as common as the BMW 3-series. It is absolutely a pleasure to drive or to ride in. The trunk is bigger than what one would imagine. Combines luxury and utility. Conservative exterior design.

Best Bang for Your Buck
By rko on 01/27/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Awesome vehicle. I have the 6sp manual with no navigation (didn't want a $2000 map). This is by far the best combination of quality, performance, and creature comforts at thousands less than anything comparable. The shifting is butter smooth and predictable. The engine has plenty of power to accelerate from under 3k RPM in 6th gear. Stereo is very good...some radio stations will actually sound fuzzy. Leather and heated seats are very comfortable on longer rides. The VSA works fantastic on wet or snowy roads without limiting performance too much on dry roads. Plenty on leg room for rear passengers, more than any other car in its class it seems. No wonder it is a "10 Best".

The Best Bang For Your Buck
By 13 year Acura Driver on 01/19/05 13:44 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving Acura automobiles since 1992 and they have never let me down. I loved the fact that my TSX came fully loaded. It is a pleasure to drive and to look at. People are constantly checking out the car and asking me about it. Unfortunately, I parallel park quite a bit and have had the car dinged in the back. I've noticed that the paint peels off like nail polish even with a minor tap. This never happened on my other car.

Needs Some Improvement
By Drew on 01/13/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Don't get me wrong, the Acura TSX is a great car. Both the exterior and interior styling are fantastic, and the quality of the materials is wonderful. It is a very refined vehicle, with nimble handling and beautiful detailing.

Excellent quality car for the money
By LKS on 01/06/05 20:35 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love this solid built car. It's fun to drive, handling is excellent and very comfortable. The sound system is awesome. Heated seats are great for New England weather.