Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

It's an Acura!!!!
By LAND ROVER

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When I bought this car i was going back and forth between the Acura and the G35 from Infiniti. The main 2 reasons I choose the Acura was the MPG difference and the cheaper insurance. I recently sold the car with a lot of regret, but I needed an SUV. This car was amazing. It had everything. Nav, heated seats, dual climate control, stability, leather etc... The power from the 2.4L was good for the car. Not the power of the TL, but much better MPG and not the torque steer.

The Nav system is the best I have ever used. There was nothing this system wouldn't do. Voice activated and touch screen. This is what Acura does.

Memory seats.

2004 TSX w/ AT (No Nav)
By klossfam

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

At 30,000 miles, perfect reliability (not one issue - even minor). It's the best FWD car platform ever in my opinion. Great blend of luxury and sport. Worst part of new TSX are the Michelin Pilots. A switch to Falken 512s tires made a great car greater. Right on the EPA mileage ratings. Can't be beat for the price and the ability to hold a high resale value borders on ridiculous.

Great 2.4L VTEC engine "clean" interior design, perfect blend of handling & ride, just right exterior dimensions

Most were covered in the 2005 and 2006 models (2 setting memory seats, power passenger seat, Bluetooth, etc)

Incredible value - great all-around
By JanTSX

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my TSX for over three years now and am really impressed. Build quality is exceptional - I've had one minor issue w/ my air conditioner in 3 years, but other than that, have just had to change the oil and rotate the tires. Lots of fun to drive. The navigation system is extremely easy to use and intuitive. Took me all of 5 mins. to learn it. I always get comments on the interior lighting at night - very cool looking. Controls and gauges laid out very well. And the stability control program pretty much saved my life one day on I-459 in Birmingham, Alabama.

Looks, build quality, comfort and gas mileage. I can set the cruise a notch below 90 on the interstate and average just over 30 mpg. The trunk is surpisingly big for a car this size. Navigation system very easy to use and intuitive.

Being nitpicky, the ride is "sporty" - the tradeoff of great handling is a ride that can be pretty firm at times, esp. on rough roads. But that's a minor gripe. Also, back seat legroom is a little tight - best for 2 adults on relatively short trips.

116,000 Mile Acura TSX 6M
By lucky_doggg7

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Ownership - Replacement/repairs to date consist of: two sets of rotors (centric premium) and pads (Porterfield R4S); driver and passenger side half shafts (rebuilts at $169 ea. undercuts the Dealer cost of $500+ ea.). Replacing the halfshafts cured the front end shake occuring between 50 and 60 mph. Stock Michelin Pilots lasted >60K miles. The third set of tires are now Michelin PS2s in the size of 235/40/18. This car has presented no other problems, really! The stories of Honda owners claiming they only put oil and gas in their cars are true! This is a very refreshing ownership change coming from Audi cars in terms of operating expense.

This owner's fave feature is dependability without a doubt. It is difficult to swallow a $1500+ repair bill for replacing a clutch in a Audi Quattro. The interior is roomy and the driving position is very comfortable. I wear a 48 suit jacket to give this commentary perspective.

For those drivers who know how to make heel-toe downshift, make late apex turns and squeeze on the power while unwinding the wheel, it needs more power. Stock, it's light on torque below 3500 rpm. Adding Comptech, AEM and Hondata have reduced this engine character though. Chassis balance is great.

Great Car
By jK

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have put on about 26k miles on it over 3 years. It has handled long trips, couple weekend sessions at the local road track, and commuter traffic. For a FWD car it has been quite entertaining to drive and an excellent winter/bad weather (the other car is a rwd Porsche). I still can't believe 3 years later how much I enjoy driving it (I'm usually quite bored by then and get the "new car" bug). I found several things I could do to make it more fun. I put on an intake, some more aggressive tires, some better brake pads with a little more bite and less fade, and had the car lowered slightly. It just makes a great handling car much more spirited.

The 6 speed manual is better than my 911! Torque - for a 2.4 liter this car has the grunt of most competitors v6s or turbocharged 4 cylinders. Handling - probably the best handling fwd sedan on the market. Value - at this pricepoint, it's very hard to beat the package

Less intrusive stability control (VSM) AWD maybe with the 2.3 Turbo from the new RDX, add a wagon version! (not all of us love SUVs)