Used 2004 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

The Only Car You Need
By Gotta_Shift_It

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I needed a serious driving machine that could also take the wife and kids everywhere. The engine sounds exotic at WOT. The six-speed manual is the only way to "talk" to this car. What really endears me to the TSX is that it can be so much fun when I'm driving solo, but can also be the trusty and protective car when hauling the family. It's good on gas, mechanically dependable, exhilirating to drive, fun to drive slow, has all the safety stuff, and big enough for a family of four. The TSX made ownership fun again after a disastrous and trouble-plagued 2 years with a 2002 Audi A4... blap!

Favorite Features

6 spd manual; Xenon lights; curtain airbags; vehicle skid control; dual climate control; heated seats; engine music between 4000-7100 rpm.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof controls should be a rotary knob by the maplights. Relocate the front door-lock pull-knobs.

More than satisified
By Mike

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Driving a 9 year old Infiniti I30t, I have been searching for one year for a replacement. Considerations were subaru legacy limited, volvo 240, saab 9-3. After thorough research of other user reviews of each car for fun factor, and reliability, in addition to test drives, I chose a preowned TSX. Absolutely love this car. Acura (as expected) has agonized over every single detail for this car from the short throw and click of the turn signal arm, seamless shift of the transmission, perforated leather seating surfaces, moldings of the dash, chrome exhaust tips, xenon lights, to the embroidered TSX logos on the car mats! Far, far superior to the competition. Not even close.

Very happy 28 months later
By Dr. Daryl

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We are getting 25 mpg commuting and 28-33 mpg highway depending on load. The TSX is highly entertaining to drive being very agile. Fit and finish continue to impress. The leather shows only a mild patina and the kids have lightly scuffed the seatbacks with their shoes. Our sole problem is a slightly sticking door lock. No rattles, squeaks, or mechanical issues. I'd buy another without question.

Favorite Features

Ergonomics, style, superb reliability, handling, auto-stick is most useful for real life living. Very good audio. Willing, revable engine.

Suggested Improvements

Seat hurts terribly after 1.5 hours of driving, but I'm 6'5" and 250 lbs. More power. Better interior plastics on door bottoms, seat backs. Did I say more power? :-) Possible SH-AWD.

Quality
By bob hoare

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It is a fabulous car to drive. The handling is tight and precise and its biggest quality is the quality of interior materials used and the overall assembly of the car. I have had it for 2.5 years without putting a dime into the car. Only negative is the turning radius. A bus is easier to park.

Favorite Features

Powerful 4 cylinder engine that is very fuel efficient.

Suggested Improvements

Shorten turning radius.

TSX In A Word: Balance
By PeteA

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

If you're looking for the fastest or most-likely-to-be-envied-by-your- buddies, keep looking. The TSX is all about balance between engine, transmission, handling, brakes, economy, and luxury. Having driven all of its competitors, none do those things as well as this superb Acura. No wonder Car & Driver keeps voting it a 10-Best winner. I've had my '04 for two years, and I look forward to my commute every day. How many cars do that for you?

Favorite Features

Sweet engine and tranny, balanced handling, high feature content, luxury interior and build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any that Acura didn't add in '05 or '06.