Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 662 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

I'm LUVIN' it, this one's a keeper!
By 4 NIQUES

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Honda vehicle and what can I say? I love it. Driven a honda civic, honda accord and an acura RSX. Was going to buy a BMW or G35 but decided to stick with Honda quality and I am so glad I did. Bought the pearl white 2004 TSX, fog lights, tint and spoiler... what a beauty. All heads turn. I have had a recall on the headlamps, but I absolutely love the car (most of all it's made in Japan). The paint chips easily but I think Acura did a great job for a 4 cyl. luxury entry level sedan. Buy one, you won't regret it!

Excellent gas mileage on the highway or on long trips, V-tech engine, good quality leather (not soft and mushy), tiptronic transmission, sporty appearance and performance for a 4 cyl. vehicle, most of all it's quiet and has easy and tight handling.

Lots. For a vehicle of this price and class the following should be standard: full size spare, one touch roof, compass, memory seats, dual power seats/mirrors, auto door locks, rain sensor, track titles for MP3, steering wheel/gear shift illumination, 25 more HP, and more leg room in back.

I love it!
By Tim L.

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned the car for a week and I love it. It out-handles and out-performs any midsize sedan I've driven. I love the styling and my bright red exterior. The four cylinder has plenty of power to it plus good gas mileage. The manumatic transmission is fun to play with too. I am the envy of all of my friends. Dual climate control, heated seats, and supple leather define this car's interior. Great resale value too. All buttons and other features were learned in maybe 5 minutes.

Sporty design, stock sway bar, chrome tipped exhaust, manumatic transmission, great trunk space, sporty ride, leather seats, exhaust note, huge redline.

All are fixed by now. It needs stock fog lights, power passenger seat, air conditioned seats, a little more power for more umph, auto door locks, auto power on/off for lights. All of these are nit picky though and were fixed by 06.

TSXtasy
By TSXTASY

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car almost a year ago and needless to say, the only complaint I have is that I wish it had better/more cupholders. This car is money! I love it! Blissful blend of luxury, gas mileage, performance, and style. And to cap it off, it will be just as good at and beyond 100,000 miles (because technically it is a honda). Some claim it is lacking in power, but name another naturally aspirated, 4-door, 4-cylinder car that is comparable... there isn't one. Turbocharge it, and the product is a 4-door, 4-cylinder luxury car that is faster than an EVO or an STI except it already comes with a 6-speed! Great car, highly recommend it, that's why my license plate says "TSXTASY" (TS- ECSTASY).

The DOHC VTEC engine, 6-speed manual transmission, sporty leather interior, in dash 6-disc changer, and the on-the-fly navigation (means you can mess with it while you drive and acura is the only company who offers this type of nav).

Maybe a turbo option from the factory? (since the RDX is a similar engine that is turbocharged). Better/more cupholders ha ha.

A car for the entire family, outstanding
By Familyof5

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The perfect car for one seeking comfort, safety, luxury, performance, handling, fuel efficiency and reliability while proving to be exhilirating to drive. We were looking for a safe car which appealed to the entire family and the TSX is that car. The ideal car which you can drive to work daily (fuel efficiency) yet on the weekends as a luxury performance car. Safe car with Stability Control and front/side airbags. We would purchase this car again without question, no regrets. Outstanding quality and workmanship. Interior and exterior top notch, reflection of Acura (Honda) quality. We highly recommend that one test drive a TSX if searching for an outstanding compact; you will be pleased

Stability control, side curtain airbags, CD changer, Xenon headlamps, firm handling, great performance for a 4 cyl yet fuel efficient, quiet engine, great shift points in transmission, interior design, manu-matic transmission, audio controls on steering wheel, the 'look' (stance). :)

We have a 2004 TSX which does not have memory seating and lighted audio controls on the steering wheel. I understand they are now available on the TSX. Auto-on headlights would also be nice. Ability to burn regular fuel versus premium. All-wheel drive would be a welcomed addition.

The Only Car You Need
By Gotta_Shift_It

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I needed a serious driving machine that could also take the wife and kids everywhere. The engine sounds exotic at WOT. The six-speed manual is the only way to "talk" to this car. What really endears me to the TSX is that it can be so much fun when I'm driving solo, but can also be the trusty and protective car when hauling the family. It's good on gas, mechanically dependable, exhilirating to drive, fun to drive slow, has all the safety stuff, and big enough for a family of four. The TSX made ownership fun again after a disastrous and trouble-plagued 2 years with a 2002 Audi A4... blap!

6 spd manual; Xenon lights; curtain airbags; vehicle skid control; dual climate control; heated seats; engine music between 4000-7100 rpm.

Sunroof controls should be a rotary knob by the maplights. Relocate the front door-lock pull-knobs.