Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Please, more torque
By Guy Gagnon

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Very good car with an impressive 6 speed transmission. Great road handling but Michelin tires does'nt offer a sufficient road grip for that car. Breaking sould be improuved because the nose of the car is too much crushing. The torque is missing at low revolution level and the pleasure just appears over 4500 RPM but easily reachable.

Favorite Features

The six speed transmission is a pleasure to work with and cliks with a pleasant noise. The handling is one f the better in it's class

Suggested Improvements

I am driving my TSX since 7 months now and was driving a Jetta 1.8 T before and the any rev torque still missing to me.I thing the maximum torque should be at lower revolution so the power will be available any time from stop to highest speed and on every gear.

questionable build quality?
By kucharc

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought in May, have had the car in to dealer recently to repair rattles from the seat belt assembly on the b-pillar and from the air bag assembly inside the steering wheel. Dealer informed me they could not fix seat belt rattle- that's just the way it is. Also have noticed hesitation in acceleration in certain instances, not sure if drive by wire is the culprit or if "that's just the way it is". This car is an excellent value for the money but hard to overlook build quality problems I have experienced.

Favorite Features

Perfectly laid out interior most car for the money under $30k

Suggested Improvements

if I wanted rattles in my car I would have saved $10k and bought a Chevy Malibu. I never thought I would say this about honda/acura but build quality needs to be addressed.

Great Ride
By rossio

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Conservative styling?? My red car looks incredible, great stance. Saved $500 haggling b/w two dealers. Ergonomically perfect, other manufacturers should just copy Honda. Great grip, could use more torque, always use more. Sound system impressive, can't wait for summer drives with windows down and sunroof open. Go buy one, just don't get my color!

Favorite Features

Ergonomics, best in the industry! Great power delivery, Honda invented VTEC, new i-VTEC is mush more progressive. Wife likes all the amenities, heated seats and wheel mounted controls. Yes Honda is conservative, but this TSX looks great in person, pictures don't do it justice.

Suggested Improvements

Sequential shift is pointless, please adopt a true SMG like the big boys. I know manual is better, but wife can't drive stick. Offer black leahter with red ext.

Best Kept Secret - Value Buy
By TSX_Owner

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For those who test drove and eventually, own it, the TSX is one of the best value buy in the entry-level luxury sports sedan today. Handling is excellent and the suspension is nicely tuned to absorb the bumps and with little body roll. The standard amenities list is extensive, and comparably equipped cars in this segment will cost thousands more. Acura's track record on quality and reliability is also another reason why the TSX is the best value buy in the entry-level luxury sports sedan today.

Favorite Features

Handling, HID, VSA, Suspension, Size, Standard amenities list, Interior, Performance.

Suggested Improvements

More color choices (ocean blue, etc.), power front passenger seat, driver seat memory

Leener's Ride "04 TSX Silv/blk/auto/nav
By saweet

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a truly want to drive car, once behind the wheel.The drivers panel on the dash is a call to start it's engine.And come to life it does with a sweet rev. Easy to read dash,controls smartly layed out and placed for my quick access.The nav. is simple to operate and seems to make changes.When we first bought the tsx,we set the nav for home.The nav.did'nt show our road right.The next time we returned from out of town the nav.had made out our s.turns and every turn to our home. Great unit! Down the road very quickly yo 70 mph. climate control works like a dream, keeping the Mrs's very quite on long trips. windsheild got a nice rake to it.

Favorite Features

keyless trunk,open windows with fob trip computer,nav.sys. r.veiw mirror, tilt stirring wheel,dead pedel,200hp.

Suggested Improvements

SUPERCHARGER!Passenger seat back heat,better trunk opening for larger packages,heated side mirrors,brakes,brakes,radio vol.control in nav. system,blue tooth sys.for cellphones,close windows with key fob ,tinted windows,better subwoofer design in back,equilizer adjustment,