Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Most Helpful|
New Owner
By Allen Hagenbaugh

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Although well under $29K out the door, feels like a luxry car. An excellent value.

Favorite Features

Luminus dials and gauges. Six speed manual transmission. Adjustable drivers seat. No options needed. All but the navigation system is standard equipment.

Suggested Improvements

MPG is ok, but could be better; especially considering 91 octane is required.

acura tsx rules in its class!
By meet joe black

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

i liked that everything was standard. (i had looked into a mazda 6 s, but with options, it quickly became a $29k mazda). the tsx has a nice tight, solid feel when driving it, even over some of boston's roughest roads.

Favorite Features

close ratio 6 manual trans., independent suspension, abs, in dash 6 cd player

Suggested Improvements

v6 availability

The Only Car You Need
By Gotta_Shift_It

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I needed a serious driving machine that could also take the wife and kids everywhere. The engine sounds exotic at WOT. The six-speed manual is the only way to "talk" to this car. What really endears me to the TSX is that it can be so much fun when I'm driving solo, but can also be the trusty and protective car when hauling the family. It's good on gas, mechanically dependable, exhilirating to drive, fun to drive slow, has all the safety stuff, and big enough for a family of four. The TSX made ownership fun again after a disastrous and trouble-plagued 2 years with a 2002 Audi A4... blap!

Favorite Features

6 spd manual; Xenon lights; curtain airbags; vehicle skid control; dual climate control; heated seats; engine music between 4000-7100 rpm.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof controls should be a rotary knob by the maplights. Relocate the front door-lock pull-knobs.

Excellent Safe Car
By Gore

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is very safe. Imagine going 65 on freeway all of the sudden someone from the right side pressed gas and merges into your lane without looking I had to look over and quickly react. Luckily due to the excellent control that this car has I avoided a collission which saved money and my car.

Favorite Features

Guys, Navy is awesome. I mean this car if you ever lost will bring you out of yiur missery. Now talking about GAS milage. Yes on the city I get about 17- 20 per gallon. But check this out. My recent trip to Reno I drove mainly freeway this awesome car gave me 30.3 miles per gal 406 miles on 1 tank

Suggested Improvements

Paint on bumpers. I mean it chips but still non the less the car is awesome.

Still a Great Car
By Mike

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wrote a review 2 years ago. I still have my TSX. I bought it in May of 2004 brand new. Besides normal maintenance it's still going strong. I've got 102,000 miles on it now. At this point I'm considering keeping this thing till the wheels fall off. I've hit 100k, lets go for 200k now!

Favorite Features

Nav, gas mileage, comfort on long drives, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

None.This has been a really reliable car. Since 2003 Acura has greatly improved the TSX, any suggestion I could give has already been done.