2004 Acura TSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Sort Reviews by

TSX is lots of fun but kinda pricey
By jb111guy

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is a sweet new compact sedan from Acura--its large 4 cylinder engine is wonderfully smooth and very willing to rev (tho it cuts out abruptly with an electronic rev limiter). Might be even more fun with the Accord's 240hp six. Features are terrific--safety, convenience and luxury in a small, attractive package. I love the 6 speed transmission--as good as I've driven in 30 years of car enthusiasm. But 29k?! Lots of other great choices for that much dough!

Favorite Features

great 6 speed, solidity, nice handling, jewel-like interior, navi system

Suggested Improvements

add 240 hp six from Accord cut your profit margins so it comes in at 26k with navi and I'll buy two more!

All the fun of Europe, on a budget
By AaronT

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a great mix of luxury and sporty qualities, with a real European feel. The car can be driven in a more relaxed state, or pushed into the performance side depending on your mood. It provides all the luxury of the German sports sedans, and 80% of their sporty soul in a price not much more than a loaded Accord. Plus its practical for trips or 4 people. We are very happy with ours!

Favorite Features

6spd shifter, 6 disk in dash CD, Xenon headlights, stereo controls on the wheel, dual zone climate control

Suggested Improvements

Backlit stereo controls on the wheel, larger buttons on the remote

This much performance in a 4 banger?
By bryantkauwe

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I can't beleive how great this car is! A great value vehicle. My wife and I were looking at a TL at night on a Friday (the day after the TSX came out) We hadn't heard of it yet. My wife said hey the car inside looks cool what is that. We walked up and instantly fell in love with it's style. The way this car looks we thought, that's out of our price range. We went home and checked the price went in Saturday morning and drove it home.

Favorite Features

THE FEATURES... It comes with everything you would really want. Leather, Heated front seats, sunroof, Indash CDChanger, HID headlights, 17"Wheels, 50 series tires, A Very cool glow that comes from the dash and much much more. This car is very styling.

Suggested Improvements

You know I really can't think of anything. Some websites say this car is Acuras attempt to compete with the BMW 3 series. If you really were going looking to get BMW, go ahead, this car is in it's own class and someday they'll be saying that it's BMW's attempt to compete with TSX.

GO BUY ONE!! 6spd Nav is SWEET!
By SOKO

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

First off this car is one bad ass machine...IT is the smoothest four banger I have ever driven and you kind of forget its a 4 cyl engine. I have been driving an Acura Integra for 6 years and wanted to step up in quality and features and performance. This was the perfect STEP UP! I looked at many of the competitors in this market segement like the IS 300 and the Audi A4. But when it came down to features and ride quality the TSX performed better. And the PRICE was much more appealing too.

Favorite Features

Interior styling, backlit guages, 8 in navi screen, (largest produced) The 6 spd gear box: short and crisp-feels great. Thru the voice command you can control the radio, CD player, and even the climate control system.

Suggested Improvements

Power Seat for the Passenger, and a Type S version would be nice in the Future. I think the only other change would be adding memo seats for the Drivers seat and mirrors.

Outstanding
By TSXdriver

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I believe this car should be compared more to the Passat and Audi 1.8T then the sporty BMW 3. Keeping this in mind, the TSX is an outstanding choice for this class. Attention to interior detail really outshines the US Accord EX and Passat that I also drove. The wood trim standard in the parchement interior looks especially classy for a $26000 car. Other standard features like heat rejecting glass and aluminum doorsills are only found on much more expensive cars. The automatic is very nice. It shifts quickly gets better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Navigation system is a must. It may be too much to operate and use the 6 speed manual at the same time for the simple minded such as myself.

Suggested Improvements

This car doesn't need more horsepower. Horsepower is becoming too important in potential buyers minds. There exists cars with more then 200hp in this price range, but will you really use it? Standard features should wieght more heavily on your decision.

INcredible
By 6spd TSX

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased a 6 spd TSX no nav, and will be picking it up in 5 days. Based on my short test drive, the car is amazing. There is really nothing else in this price range that can compete. If you're looking for an automatic, the car is a bit less of a value. If you're interested in a 6 spd, the only competition is the altima, maxima, or 325. The new accord coupe is a nice car, you get a V6 for the same price, but you lose 2 doors, and the acura just plain looks better. Plus it is nearly as fast and will get better mileage. So if you are looking for an affordable sports sedan, particularly with a manual, this is your car.

Favorite Features

6 spd 200 hp leather seats moonroof 17" rims 360 watt, 6 disc changer all standard

Suggested Improvements

memory seats

Acura Tsx
By tmckinne

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I very good entry level luxury sports sedan with a plethora of amenities

Favorite Features

6 Speed Manual Tranny is very smooth

Suggested Improvements

More Horsepower

Look Out!!!!
By wizkid

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle only 7 days ago. I have been driving it as often as possible. In addition to looking awesome inside and out . . got the optional tint, rear wing and side spoilers, this car was built to be driven. It is an absolute high- performance sedan, I mean this thing loves corners. Just listening to the standard vehicle stability system when I take corners makes my heart beat faster. I was considering the IS300 and the 3series beemer, but could not find a better value in the luxury market. This is the first Acura, but surely will not be the last I will own. Thank you Acura for making this car!!!!!

Favorite Features

It's exterior character lines, standard 17 inch rims, short throw (6spd) manual transmission, instrument panel, and the way the engine just puuuurrrs!

Suggested Improvements

Wonder what a six cylinder might do for performance, but understand it might throw off balance.

Fantastic
By Mark G

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my car. Things that I like best about this car is the feel of it when I drive it. I also loved the heated seats. At first, I thought this feature was not needed and I would never use them. But I use them all the time and I can not imagine not having them now. This is a great car. I was looking at the BMW 325i and it was $8,000 more for it AND it didn't nearly have all the standard equipment the TSX does. This car is a STEAL at $26,990. This car definitly has a sport tuned suspension, yet it drives like a BMW. Just the right mix of class and sportiness for the right price! Good job Acura, this one is going to be a winner!

Favorite Features

360-watt stereo system (very loud), smooth ride, telescoping steering wheel, MP3 player, 8 inch LCD screen, the gauges are amazing, Xenon HID headlamps, memory seat/mirrors, MPG, Style and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Running day lights

wow
By tsxowner

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wondeful vehicle. The craftsmanship and quality are outstanding. sporty yet also luxurious. We are very impressed with the car and with the salesman from acura. Not pushy and very helpful in making this purchase happen.

Favorite Features

5 speed auto with sport shif, heated seats, auto-dual climate control, good size trunk, reliability

Suggested Improvements

as with my previous acura or honda ownership, the stereo is better but not quite not there yet.