Used 2004 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Terrific performer
By jnt

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's been said many times, but it's true! This vehicle fits like a glove, drives with brilliance and has a fantastic interior. Some may fault the exterior as conservative, but I happen to like the sharp and understated lines. I test drove all the usual suspects in this category and, except for the 3 series, nothing came close. It's great to see Honda/Acura back on track!

Handling is remarkable for FWD vehicle. This thing just eats up the twisties. Power delivery is creamy smooth and the 6 speed is like buttah. What else? The interior is best in class. Refined, great build quality, blue ambient lighting, super LED gauges and nice layout.

Memory seats! Although power is adequate, more would always be welcome. And how about a 4wd option, a la VTM-4 from the MDX. That would make this car a killer. Offer that, and I'd upgrade in a flash.

Prestige
By AofD

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After searching for a new car for over a year I stumbled upon the TSX after accompanying my father-in-law while he purchased his new TL. I was getting frustrated with searching and was delighted with the features that the TSX provided for the price. The test drive sealed the deal, and I made the purchase. I test drove the 325i, G35, IS300, Accord, all were fine but they all lacked either interior quality or the inside space I was looking for , and I felt the TSX had the best all around package, especially for the price. A great car!

Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Acura/Honda is definetley ahead of the rest in this department. Easy to use, impressive and I no longer get lost! Voice Regognition is very useful and is guarenteed to impress your friends/family.

The car has plenty of horse-power but I am always looking for more. How about the TL's V-6 with all-wheel drive to take the crown from BMW 3- series. Add this and nothing can touch this car in this category...

Themost affordable sport/luxury car ever
By fongdiggler

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I searched for around for a new car for about 8 months. I test drove the Nissan Maxima/Altima, Audi A4, Lexus IS 300, and BMW 300 series, and for the money, the Acura is the best car for the money. I bought a black one, and I also put a front underbody spoiler on the car, with fog lights. I highly recommend both options, as they add not only functionality to the vehicle, but also impove the looks (not that it needs any improvement). When this car is clean, there isnt a better looking car on the road, hands down.

Sound sysmtem is fantastic, 6 gears is great fun, red-line at 7000 RPMs lets you really get on it, wheels smooth, very comfortable, and looks amazing.

Off the line, the car doesnt get going early on in the gears, you have to keep the rpms above 4500 if you want any kind of get up and go power. Other than that, there are no complaints. Buy this car, you will not regret it.

I have become a big fan of the TSX
By don fuller

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I also have a Taurus SHO, this little 4 cylinder is close to the 3.4 Yamaha v8 in the SHO

how everything seems to fit, doors shut solid,seats support in the right places and the voice recognition of the navigation system is unreal

a v6 would slow down engine rebs.

Satisfied Customer
By PA Acura

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After years of buying American sedans and other imports, the Acura TSX is the finest car I've purchased. In its class, there is no car that can match the standard equipment. There are very few options to consider and it makes the buying decision easier. The performance is excellent and the engine is super smooth. For the money this is easily the best value in this class of car.

Silky smooth running engine and the shifting is tight and effortless. The interior is beautiful. The silver finish is unique and the leather seats are very comfortable. The stereo system is great.

Off the line the car could use more torque. A 6-cylinder would be a nice fit.