2004 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Good, reliable, and economic
By Paul on 01/25/06 00:05 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had not even the slightest problem with the car over the 15,000 miles that I've driven it. Perhaps the most is how much the car does with the 2.2 liter 4-cylinder engine; you have to goose up the revs a bit to get the car to shoot up an on-ramp, but the engine and automatic transmission respond smoothly and seamlessly. I like the minimalist style (I'm an early baby-boomer and don't need the boy-racer image, though I enjoy performance). I also enjoy the gas economy; on a mixed highway-street commute, I get perhaps 27-28 MPG and and thus fill the tank only about every 320 miles. The handling is reliable but a bit light; it doesn't give much road feel or excitement.

Outstanding car
By c kozy on 01/06/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 1 year and have no problems with it. It a great ride and handles like a dream compared to the BMW 3 series. My friend bought a BMW 3 series and 6 months later but a TSX. Thre reason for the trade in was his nav system stopped working a the interior trim raddled alot.

Jeckyl and Hyde
By Ronnie Brezler on 01/05/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my TSX soon after it hit dealerships in 2003 and have been loving it every since. I, like the first reviewer, was in the market for a BMW. When I saw this car in person and drove it I just had to have it. I still find myself back at it when I walk away, just like when I bought it two years ago. The combination of sport and luxury is perfectly balanced. The fuel efficiency is great during these times of higher gas prices and the power is more than sufficient for a 4-banger. My only gripe is the occasional rattling that seems to come and go and the fact that the dealership didn't one with navigation available.

Love It
By My TSX on 12/22/05 20:20 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I drooled over this car for 2 years before I bought it, and it was worth the wait. I absolutely love it. It's a light feeling car, very nimble and comfortable, even good so far in snow even though I haven't driven it a whole lot in snow yet. The exterior is very sexy, interior is too. Everything is laid out well in the cabin. My first foreign car is turning out to be a truly wonderful experience. Plus it's the first car I've ever owned myself (always used my parents' cars). Had it for 8 months now and it's been great. Very classy!

Buy a TSX Again?
By pete9797 on 12/18/05 09:18 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my TSX for a little over a year now with absolutely no problems. I love this car. Fun to Drive, 30mpg, Navi is great, excellent sound system, very comfortable on long drives. Will definitely stay with Acura the only difference is whether I step up to the TL or RL when I'm ready to buy again........

Not your typical family four door
By Mark on 12/10/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Most drivers, especially us in our 20's are looking for the "latest and greatest" in vehicles that we can combine performance with sleek styling. The TSX does just this to the highest degree. I am only 23 but still wanted a four door for convenience. I searched many other models and found Acura to be well above the rest. Simply tint the windows with a legal tint and add a spoiler and you are left with a fun, stylish, sedan sports car. The compliments never end and their jaws will drop when you tell them about the peppy 4 cylinder under the hood. I recommend to anyone in the market to spend the little extra money for an Acura, you won't be disappointed.

TSX : Worth the Money
By Roger Dorn on 12/06/05 11:31 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The Acura TSX is a fantastic vehicle for a fantastic price. Compare performance and options with the 3-series and, for the price, it easily comes out on top

A car to keep
By Bob Campbell on 11/10/05 10:25 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Usually buy new car every two years. This is one car we will keep for a long time! Solid, comfortable, & fun to drive long miles at a stretch. Interstate trips of 500 miles+/day are enjoyable. Have owned 5 Camrys in the past and our TSX is a step up. We are 70+ years old. My wife (all 5'2" of her) loves to drive this car. Auto trans is smooth and tractable summer & winter in Vermont. Ride is a bit firm but gives great control. Second car is 2005 Civic LX - similar and good low cost alternative for local drives.

2 years + in TSX
By Seattle TSX on 11/05/05 00:34 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Fun to drive if you like light 4-cylinder cars that you have to rev. I usually drive far too fast in this car. Great value for the money, plus reliable. If I were comparing a 3-series, a Passat, and an A4 to this car again, I would buy it again. Extremely comfortable seats, both front and back. The 6-speed stick is essential to this car; if you are planning to buy an automatic you should just buy an Accord. I love this car and bought it because of the quality and value proposition. However, as a Euro-car type, it appeals to me mentally but ultimately fails to satisfy in spite of its excellence and in spite of the fact that I'd buy it again. Life's a contradiction.

Fun to Drive = 10
By Carlos on 10/29/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I now have 20,000 miles on my TSX. I love my job, but I love my commute even more, thanks to this car. I get 25mpg in a mixed driving. On a road trip, over 30mpg. The only problem I have had is that the jockey box lid hinges were too tight, so the wrong compartment would open. Fixed it myself in 5 minutes. I like the fact that this car isn't as common as 3-series, and G35s. Actually, it's not in the same class as those cars, but it's just as fun, interior features are first class, and you get Honda reliability. I even appreciate the fact that there is no timing belt (it's a chain), since I plan to keep this car for a long, long time.