Used 2004 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 662 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Bought it brand new 4 years ago
By Mike

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car in May of 2004. It was not disappointed me at all. I absolutely love it. It handles great, is very comfortable, and beyond anything gets great gas mileage. For a 4 cylinder to give me 200 horse power is also good. I'm over 83000 miles right now and still riding great. Bottom line is if you are thinking of buying a used version of one of these then go for it. Trust me it's worth it.

The navigation system is great. There's also a digital trip on the navigation screen that shows your current MPG.

The front end sits a little low in relation to the back ed of the car. But that's minor. The car is a great car!!

Red Lemon
By Ken Clancy

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a red TSX and the paint has now deteriorated so that there are pinkish/white blotches all over the car. Acura dealer has been less than helpful and corporate customer service are running for cover. I had a new clutch put in at 60K old one stopped working. RPM have improved 20% at highway speeds, nobody can explain why this is the case. I think it is because the clutch has been slipping since i got the car, new.

Color, look.

Paint, clutch, power seats, stereo, trunk space, dive gear in 6th so rpm @ 2200 for 70 miles per hour, this would be big.

Great all-around car
By Martoon

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Acura, and I plan on buying one again (after many more years of enjoying this one). I bought this car based on features for the price, pretty much loaded. I have 47,000 miles on it and have had no mechanical issues with the car other than one minor recall. Good power, great handling and I average about 27 miles per gallon in mixed driving. My only complaint is the drive by wire can be a little touchy when starting from a dead stop, but you get used to it after a while.

Stability control, ABS, moon roof, nice stereo.

The 2004 doesn't have an MP3 jack, or memory seats but I think these are available in the newer models.

5 years later, still loving it
By jcg878

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my TSX for 5 years now, and I still love driving it. The car handles as well as when I first bought it - actually better since I replaced the stock tires 10,000 miles ago. It is fun to drive with a comfortable and intuitive interior that hasn't shown much wear. According to Edmunds' used car appraiser, it has held its value well also. With a new baby on the way, my wife and I are currently battling about which car to replace - her 2003 Passat, or my TSX. My only TSX-related complaint is that Acura/Honda doesn't make a wagon version. We'll look at the RDX, but a TSX/TL/Accord wagon is really what we'd prefer. It's been a good buy.

Besides the prestine handling, the dual-zone auto climate control and auto-dimming mirror work perfectly - I'll never buy another car without them. I've never been in another car that equals the climate control of my TSX - you simply never have to think about it.

Memory seats (which they did add later) are an odd omission. Offer a wagon!

Acura TSX = precision driving
By mxmattd

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in Feb. '07 with 70k, and after almost a year of driving, I couldn't be happier! This car provides a perfect balance of sport, luxury, and economy. To do this, of course, trade-offs are required. The ride leans towards sporty, resulting in excellent handling but sometimes harsh on poor roads. The engine needs to be above 4k rpm for thrills, but keeping revs down gives excellent gas mileage (I avg 29 with mixed driving). The interior is pure luxury, but seats are still great for hard cornering. Steering, controls, incredibly slick 6sp tranny, dbw throttle, everything in this car exudes precision, which translates to an enjoyable drive thru mtn. roads or city streets.

Manual transmission! If you can't drive stick, learn on your buddy's beater and buy the 6sp! Superb handling. Gas mileage (I avg 34 mpg and got 500+ miles on one tank driving from SF to LA). Comfortable and clean. Love roadtrips in this car. Very reliable. Great list of standard features.

Cooled seats would be welcome. Drop in the RDX's 2.3 turbo and SH-AWD for a very interesting offering in between the STI/EVO and 335i/S4 market segments.