2004 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
The Only Car You Need
By Gotta_Shift_It on 03/13/07 21:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I needed a serious driving machine that could also take the wife and kids everywhere. The engine sounds exotic at WOT. The six-speed manual is the only way to "talk" to this car. What really endears me to the TSX is that it can be so much fun when I'm driving solo, but can also be the trusty and protective car when hauling the family. It's good on gas, mechanically dependable, exhilirating to drive, fun to drive slow, has all the safety stuff, and big enough for a family of four. The TSX made ownership fun again after a disastrous and trouble-plagued 2 years with a 2002 Audi A4... blap!

More than satisified
By Mike on 12/22/06 10:56 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Driving a 9 year old Infiniti I30t, I have been searching for one year for a replacement. Considerations were subaru legacy limited, volvo 240, saab 9-3. After thorough research of other user reviews of each car for fun factor, and reliability, in addition to test drives, I chose a preowned TSX. Absolutely love this car. Acura (as expected) has agonized over every single detail for this car from the short throw and click of the turn signal arm, seamless shift of the transmission, perforated leather seating surfaces, moldings of the dash, chrome exhaust tips, xenon lights, to the embroidered TSX logos on the car mats! Far, far superior to the competition. Not even close.

Very happy 28 months later
By Dr. Daryl on 11/28/06 22:34 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We are getting 25 mpg commuting and 28-33 mpg highway depending on load. The TSX is highly entertaining to drive being very agile. Fit and finish continue to impress. The leather shows only a mild patina and the kids have lightly scuffed the seatbacks with their shoes. Our sole problem is a slightly sticking door lock. No rattles, squeaks, or mechanical issues. I'd buy another without question.

Quality
By bob hoare on 11/21/06 05:40 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It is a fabulous car to drive. The handling is tight and precise and its biggest quality is the quality of interior materials used and the overall assembly of the car. I have had it for 2.5 years without putting a dime into the car. Only negative is the turning radius. A bus is easier to park.

TSX In A Word: Balance
By PeteA on 11/17/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

If you're looking for the fastest or most-likely-to-be-envied-by-your- buddies, keep looking. The TSX is all about balance between engine, transmission, handling, brakes, economy, and luxury. Having driven all of its competitors, none do those things as well as this superb Acura. No wonder Car & Driver keeps voting it a 10-Best winner. I've had my '04 for two years, and I look forward to my commute every day. How many cars do that for you?

It's an Acura!!!!
By LAND ROVER on 11/14/06 17:21 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When I bought this car i was going back and forth between the Acura and the G35 from Infiniti. The main 2 reasons I choose the Acura was the MPG difference and the cheaper insurance. I recently sold the car with a lot of regret, but I needed an SUV. This car was amazing. It had everything. Nav, heated seats, dual climate control, stability, leather etc... The power from the 2.4L was good for the car. Not the power of the TL, but much better MPG and not the torque steer.

2004 TSX w/ AT (No Nav)
By klossfam on 09/25/06 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

At 30,000 miles, perfect reliability (not one issue - even minor). It's the best FWD car platform ever in my opinion. Great blend of luxury and sport. Worst part of new TSX are the Michelin Pilots. A switch to Falken 512s tires made a great car greater. Right on the EPA mileage ratings. Can't be beat for the price and the ability to hold a high resale value borders on ridiculous.

Incredible value - great all-around
By JanTSX on 09/03/06 14:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my TSX for over three years now and am really impressed. Build quality is exceptional - I've had one minor issue w/ my air conditioner in 3 years, but other than that, have just had to change the oil and rotate the tires. Lots of fun to drive. The navigation system is extremely easy to use and intuitive. Took me all of 5 mins. to learn it. I always get comments on the interior lighting at night - very cool looking. Controls and gauges laid out very well. And the stability control program pretty much saved my life one day on I-459 in Birmingham, Alabama.

116,000 Mile Acura TSX 6M
By lucky_doggg7 on 09/02/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Ownership - Replacement/repairs to date consist of: two sets of rotors (centric premium) and pads (Porterfield R4S); driver and passenger side half shafts (rebuilts at $169 ea. undercuts the Dealer cost of $500+ ea.). Replacing the halfshafts cured the front end shake occuring between 50 and 60 mph. Stock Michelin Pilots lasted >60K miles. The third set of tires are now Michelin PS2s in the size of 235/40/18. This car has presented no other problems, really! The stories of Honda owners claiming they only put oil and gas in their cars are true! This is a very refreshing ownership change coming from Audi cars in terms of operating expense.

Great Car
By jK on 07/13/06 07:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have put on about 26k miles on it over 3 years. It has handled long trips, couple weekend sessions at the local road track, and commuter traffic. For a FWD car it has been quite entertaining to drive and an excellent winter/bad weather (the other car is a rwd Porsche). I still can't believe 3 years later how much I enjoy driving it (I'm usually quite bored by then and get the "new car" bug). I found several things I could do to make it more fun. I put on an intake, some more aggressive tires, some better brake pads with a little more bite and less fade, and had the car lowered slightly. It just makes a great handling car much more spirited.