Used 2004 Acura TSX Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

12 years of fun and reliable transportation
By Robyn Brooks

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My '04 Acura TSX, 6 speed manual was the best car I ever owned. Granted, I take great care of my vehicles. Always change oil every 3 - 4K miles, service it, garage it and don't beat the car. The manual transmission is snappy and fun to drive. The only major repairs besides tires, battery and regular service was a new clutch at 102K miles. Also needed new rear struts around 93K. Besides that, this car was the lowest to maintain, even better than my 1994 Accord. I used 87 octane gasoline, not the premium that Acura recommended. I test drove the 2016 Acura ILX and it doesn't compare to the 04 TSX.

tsx
By geek1954@gmail.com

So Good Makes You Wanna Slap Your Momma
By Ari

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my 04 TSX 6spd man in June '15 with 60,000 miles and it still feels like new. All of the cars controls have a responsive, precise feel to them. Lateral cornering grip is fantastic and the car goes exactly where you point it with minimal understeer. The steering is precise and the manual transmission feels like it came out of a sports car, with very short throws and a buttery snick snick feel to it. It's not a very fast or sexy sounding powertrain, but the power is sufficient. The interior is beautiful with quality expensive looking materials. Styling is very handsome inside and out and has aged extremely gracefully over the last 10 years. Tinting the windows and installing a lip spoiler completed the exterior, and ipod aux cable is a quick install. This cars practicality, reliability and fun to drive characteristics are unmatched in this price range.

Love my TSX
By rcush10

I love this car.
I bought it used with 110k miles on it mid 2010 for $10k. It came uniquely equipped with a trunk lid spoiler and a front body air dam giving it a little extra style. It is quick and the 6-speed manual is slick. I have put 50k miles on it and I get 27-28 mpg consistently.

Despite my admiration for the car, I have had to put a little $ into it. The starter died a couple weeks after I bought it. It consumes oil fairly quickly. 1 headlight was very foggy. The backlight behind my dash buttons doesn't work. Drivers side seat heater doesn't work.
At 50+ mph, something rattles somewhere under the middle of the car. I think it is a part of the exhaust system.

Excellent sound system. 6 speed transmission. Beautiful styling inside and out. Ahead of its time for 2004. Sporty and fun to drive. Respectable MPG/performance ratio. Long list of nice features and styling touches.

I think this box is only relevant to new cars...

Great car; but oil burning issue is SERIOUS
By gipmeister

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed this car very much and it is generally very reliable. However, there are issues with this year/model that are common to many owners:
- the door lock actuators die
- the a/c system can die prematurely
- the clutch in the 6MT dies early
- the car will begin to burn oil
My car with >130k now burns about a quart every 1-1.5k miles. If not regularly monitored (before the oil light comes on when you're down 2qts)
Other people have had the console lights die and the dealer fix is hundreds of dollars.
I STILL give the car a decent review, but I would not advise someone to buy an '04 used because of this.

Extra lighter/12V jack in console. Fold down armrest/drink holder btwn back seats (my kids love it)