Used 2004 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 662 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

12 years of fun and reliable transportation
By Robyn Brooks

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My '04 Acura TSX, 6 speed manual was the best car I ever owned. Granted, I take great care of my vehicles. Always change oil every 3 - 4K miles, service it, garage it and don't beat the car. The manual transmission is snappy and fun to drive. The only major repairs besides tires, battery and regular service was a new clutch at 102K miles. Also needed new rear struts around 93K. Besides that, this car was the lowest to maintain, even better than my 1994 Accord. I used 87 octane gasoline, not the premium that Acura recommended. I test drove the 2016 Acura ILX and it doesn't compare to the 04 TSX.

tsx
By geek1954@gmail.com

So Good Makes You Wanna Slap Your Momma
By Ari

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my 04 TSX 6spd man in June '15 with 60,000 miles and it still feels like new. All of the cars controls have a responsive, precise feel to them. Lateral cornering grip is fantastic and the car goes exactly where you point it with minimal understeer. The steering is precise and the manual transmission feels like it came out of a sports car, with very short throws and a buttery snick snick feel to it. It's not a very fast or sexy sounding powertrain, but the power is sufficient. The interior is beautiful with quality expensive looking materials. Styling is very handsome inside and out and has aged extremely gracefully over the last 10 years. Tinting the windows and installing a lip spoiler completed the exterior, and ipod aux cable is a quick install. This cars practicality, reliability and fun to drive characteristics are unmatched in this price range.

Still Love it....
By Scott

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just in case you are shopping for an early model year TSX, I wanted to confirm that these cars, even after 10+ years, are still fantastic. There's a reason you still see so many on the road, they are bulletproof reliable and drive great, even after all these years. Mine is an April 2004 build, and I'll admit it's been babied with just now 79K on it, but I still feel good getting in it and heading off to work. If you find one with a good maintenance history, you ought to have several more years of use with it. I've done nothing but the normal stuff, like fluid flushes, brakes, battery, etc... It really is amazing how well built of a car this was from Honda. All in all, for the price they are now used, I can't think of a better choice.

Absolutely AMAZING car!
By deepen03

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had this car in family since 2004. Purchased it used in September 2004, for around 24k, with 20k miles on it. I started driving it myself in 2006 when I first got my license and have put over 50K miles on it myself. Just a well-built awesome Acura. It's sad how the TSX has become such lower quality in the 2nd generation models. I just love this car in ever way and have no complaints at all. I have 104k miles right now and plan to keep it going to 200K if I can!

Fun to Drive, Luxurious materials compared to other sports sedans of this time Built in Japan, and this makes a big difference because for the build quality of the TSX.