2004 Acura TSX Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Sort Reviews by

Absolutely AMAZING car!
By deepen03

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had this car in family since 2004. Purchased it used in September 2004, for around 24k, with 20k miles on it. I started driving it myself in 2006 when I first got my license and have put over 50K miles on it myself. Just a well-built awesome Acura. It's sad how the TSX has become such lower quality in the 2nd generation models. I just love this car in ever way and have no complaints at all. I have 104k miles right now and plan to keep it going to 200K if I can!

Favorite Features

Fun to Drive, Luxurious materials compared to other sports sedans of this time Built in Japan, and this makes a big difference because for the build quality of the TSX.

9 year owner of TSX
By lamike1

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wrote my first review on my TSX back in 2008. Since then I've out another 60k miles on it. I bought it brand new in 2004. Don't hesitate to buy one of these, they are reliable. I never did anything but my normal maintenance (oil changes, fluid changes, timing chain at 100k miles, brake jobs, etc...) the car never gave me one problem ever. I finally parted with my TSX yesterday and sold her. It was just time for a new car. She was at 130k miles when I told her good bye! Lol great car, Acura did awesome with this thing.

Favorite Features

Navigation, very comfortable ride for long trips, great gas mileage (EPA says 29 highway but I always avg 31-33 highway - EPA was off when they estimated this cars gas mileage) powerful 4 cylinder engine, maintenance cost are not ridiculous like BMW and Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

None, Acura has already added satellite radio to this model, they've improved the navigations system, and have made every possible improvement possible since 2004.

Best car ever.
By jesse357

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever had. Always puts a smile on my face. Flawless quality. Not one single problem in 100,000 miles. Over 30 mpg on highway and maybe 25 in city. I'm 45 and have always driven cars with Manual Transmission and they simply do not come any better. The snickt snickt feeling of that tranmission and turbine smooth vtec cannot be matched by anything I have had since. Acceleration and handling just top notch as close to BMW territory as you can get with front wheel drive but with much better reliability and handling in weather. Sold when I went overseas and will buy another when I get back to states. Just absolutely perfect.

Favorite Features

Touch screen Navigation, buttery smooth transmission. Terrific performance with great gas mileage. Interior is beautiful and understated. Electronics ease of use.

Suggested Improvements

XM Satelite radio but they added that in 2005.

I miss this car a lot!!
By booth1986

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Fast, sporty, decent gas mileage for its intended performance, great build quality and interior! I loved this car... The only reaon we got rid of it was to get a bigger car, this car is not suited for car seats or passengers on a regular basis. I am 5'11" and with a baby car seat in the back, my seat had to be up almost all the way. After 120K miles, the only issue we had was the AC system dies, and the alignment was always off (Later found out it was in a wreck that nearly totaled it which caused this)

Favorite Features

Navigation, manual, sunroof, heated leather seats, HID healights, VSA (Vehicle Stability Control) saved my bacon on more than one occasion in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

road/wind noise, leg room in the back, and auxiliary jack would have been nice, but for 2004, this was uncommon.

2004 Acura TSX Bad Paint - Stay away!
By bizop007

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Would like to recommend it, as long is it is not Milano Red. Her car's paint, along with everybody else who purchased the vehicle - from what I can gather from various Acura forums on the internet fades and turns pink. Not one or two but pretty much all Milano Red 2004 TSX vehicles. The car was pretty much garage kept, both at home and in a parking garage at work. It was waxed each spring and fall, but still it is turning more pink each day! Yes I know it is red and red fades not this much. Both Acura Canada and the dealer - Acura on Brant in Burlington, ON would do nothing. Terrible customer service - stay away - would not recommend the purchase n Acura vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

Better customer service and acceptance of responsibility for all defective Milano Red paint on the 2004 TSX models.

Love my TSX
By rcush10

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I bought it used with 110k miles on it mid 2010 for $10k. It came uniquely equipped with a trunk lid spoiler and a front body air dam giving it a little extra style. It is quick and the 6-speed manual is slick. I have put 50k miles on it and I get 27-28 mpg consistently. Despite my admiration for the car, I have had to put a little $ into it. The starter died a couple weeks after I bought it. It consumes oil fairly quickly. 1 headlight was very foggy. The backlight behind my dash buttons doesn't work. Drivers side seat heater doesn't work. At 50+ mph, something rattles somewhere under the middle of the car. I think it is a part of the exhaust system.

Favorite Features

Excellent sound system. 6 speed transmission. Beautiful styling inside and out. Ahead of its time for 2004. Sporty and fun to drive. Respectable MPG/performance ratio. Long list of nice features and styling touches.

Suggested Improvements

I think this box is only relevant to new cars...

Great car; but oil burning issue is SERIOUS
By gipmeister

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed this car very much and it is generally very reliable. However, there are issues with this year/model that are common to many owners: - the door lock actuators die - the a/c system can die prematurely - the clutch in the 6MT dies early - the car will begin to burn oil My car with >130k now burns about a quart every 1-1.5k miles. If not regularly monitored (before the oil light comes on when you're down 2qts) Other people have had the console lights die and the dealer fix is hundreds of dollars. I STILL give the car a decent review, but I would not advise someone to buy an '04 used because of this.

Favorite Features

Extra lighter/12V jack in console. Fold down armrest/drink holder btwn back seats (my kids love it)

Great Car
By nas2688

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my car in May 2011 with only 50k, one year later it's at 70k, and I still like it as much as the day I bought it! It's very comfortable on long road trips, has a good amount of power for a 4-cylinder (the manual is a blast!) and I've even got 33 mpg on the highway with it. Good build quality- the only exception being a some very small buzzing/rattling, but even then it's only on I-5 which is terrible and bumpy anyways. The car is over 8 years old, and the only "repair" I've had to make is to get new tires. It does consume oil, not leaking or burning, but as long as I top up every once in a while its not a problem. Overall, a great-looking, comfortable, and FUN car to drive!

Favorite Features

Good mileage, peppy engine when VTEC kicks in, very nice-quality interior, and I'm a big fan of the 6-speed.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not a huge fan of actually unlocking the back seats with a key before folding them down. But I suppose that if that is the most annoying thing, over all it must be a good car! Also, like I mentioned above, it goes through oil quicker than I would have expected.

17 and loving my car!
By tkachuk94

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my car since i was 16 and i have always loved it. My navi went out a while back sadly but i do plan on replacing soon. It has about 218k Miles on it because it used to be a commuter car for my parents to SD and Home so around 120 miles a day for 6 years. But, It still runs amazingly and by far is one of the best looking cars in my schools parking lot (I say one of the best because there's quite a few BMWs for some reason..)

like new (:
By afflictionx3

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

im 17 & ive been looking for a used 2004 - 2006 acura tsx for months. finally, i came across one and when i test drove it i knew right away i found the one. it had 73k miles & in great conditon (a doctor owned it before me) got it for $12,999 . mine is silver with grey interior. cant wait to show it off, since this is my senior year & i can seem myself keeping it for a long time. if you are looking for a reliable car thats super fun and easy to drive, an acura is for you definitely. i went for the tsx instead of a TL (my mom has one) basically for the size. its smaller and funner to drive.

Favorite Features

interior , & reliablity