2004 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Love my TSX
By rcush10 on 12/19/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I bought it used with 110k miles on it mid 2010 for $10k. It came uniquely equipped with a trunk lid spoiler and a front body air dam giving it a little extra style. It is quick and the 6-speed manual is slick. I have put 50k miles on it and I get 27-28 mpg consistently. Despite my admiration for the car, I have had to put a little $ into it. The starter died a couple weeks after I bought it. It consumes oil fairly quickly. 1 headlight was very foggy. The backlight behind my dash buttons doesn't work. Drivers side seat heater doesn't work. At 50+ mph, something rattles somewhere under the middle of the car. I think it is a part of the exhaust system.

Great car; but oil burning issue is SERIOUS
By gipmeister on 06/25/12 09:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed this car very much and it is generally very reliable. However, there are issues with this year/model that are common to many owners: - the door lock actuators die - the a/c system can die prematurely - the clutch in the 6MT dies early - the car will begin to burn oil My car with >130k now burns about a quart every 1-1.5k miles. If not regularly monitored (before the oil light comes on when you're down 2qts) Other people have had the console lights die and the dealer fix is hundreds of dollars. I STILL give the car a decent review, but I would not advise someone to buy an '04 used because of this.

Great Car
By nas2688 on 05/08/12 10:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my car in May 2011 with only 50k, one year later it's at 70k, and I still like it as much as the day I bought it! It's very comfortable on long road trips, has a good amount of power for a 4-cylinder (the manual is a blast!) and I've even got 33 mpg on the highway with it. Good build quality- the only exception being a some very small buzzing/rattling, but even then it's only on I-5 which is terrible and bumpy anyways. The car is over 8 years old, and the only "repair" I've had to make is to get new tires. It does consume oil, not leaking or burning, but as long as I top up every once in a while its not a problem. Overall, a great-looking, comfortable, and FUN car to drive!

OMG I love this Car!!!!!
By Margie on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I located this wonderful vehicle that is 6 years old and only had 39,000 miles. I must say this is one of the best I've ever driven. The only thing I would chang is I can't hook up my I pod when I'm in the car. It is soooooo much fun , quick and very intuitive.

Not typical reliability
By sledin_biker on 05/05/10 10:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Although this is my 4th Honda product, this one does not match the reliability of the others. Overall this is a great car to drive but the list of serious problems with this car is very un-Honda like. I have replaced my entire A/C system ($2,200), radio unit (warranty), stains from the inside out on the seats, tail light recall, but most concerning is the oil consumption. My car consumes (not leaks) 1 L (~1qt) of oil every 1000 km (600 miles), and I have found similar stories on forums. I don't drive it hard, in fact I baby the car and rarely engage VTEC, it would be easier to understand if I abused the vehicle. This is my first vehicle to actually consume oil.

My Most Reliable Car Ever
By Sean on 02/18/10 09:52 AM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

What can I say, 117,000kms and most expensive maintenance/repair was replacing the brakes. This has definitely been the most reliable car I've ever owned as well as the most fuel efficient for a peppy little sports sedan.

Really like, but disappointed
By livin to the fullest on 10/30/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have owned my blue 6spd TSX for a few years and up until the last couple months everything has been fine expect chipping paint which started shortly after purchase > 20k and acura refused to fix. Within the last 3 months I have replaced rotators, pads, ac condenser and now a clutch totaling approximately 3500.00. Granted my car does have 94k but it's housed in the garage and well taken care of. Expected to get over 100k before and major problems have arose and have had 2 within a short time. Gravely upset really wanted another acura but it definitely has made me think twice.

Best car I have owned
By Love it on 01/28/09 16:23 PM (PST)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought this car and I have never been so satisfied. I love the features. The only complaint I have is that on a rare occasion the navigation would be a street off some times, otherwise it's great!!

Love My TSX
By TSX FAN 2008 on 07/31/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My 2004 TSX is by far the best automobile I have ever owned. Quality and reliability are a Perfect 10!! After 80000 miles I've only had to replace one rear light bulb.

Great Car All Things Considered
By TXPDelta on 07/11/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car even in spite of some quality control issues on the 1st year model. 4 clutch cylinders later and now almost no peddle popping. Other minor issues with door water leak, brake discs, door panel vibrations, and dash squeaks. The car strikes a wonderful balance of daily driver characteristics with solid handling and a near perfect 4 cyl engine. I drove plenty of cars before I bought the TSX and this is the best sedan I found. Not quite a BMW 3-series, but it is the closest you'll get for under $30K. Fuel economy is around 23-25 MPG mixed driving with synthetic fluids, Injen air intake, and 93 oct fuel.