Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Absolutely AMAZING car!
By deepen03

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had this car in family since 2004. Purchased it used in September 2004, for around 24k, with 20k miles on it. I started driving it myself in 2006 when I first got my license and have put over 50K miles on it myself. Just a well-built awesome Acura. It's sad how the TSX has become such lower quality in the 2nd generation models. I just love this car in ever way and have no complaints at all. I have 104k miles right now and plan to keep it going to 200K if I can!

Favorite Features

Fun to Drive, Luxurious materials compared to other sports sedans of this time Built in Japan, and this makes a big difference because for the build quality of the TSX.

9 year owner of TSX
By lamike1

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wrote my first review on my TSX back in 2008. Since then I've out another 60k miles on it. I bought it brand new in 2004. Don't hesitate to buy one of these, they are reliable. I never did anything but my normal maintenance (oil changes, fluid changes, timing chain at 100k miles, brake jobs, etc...) the car never gave me one problem ever. I finally parted with my TSX yesterday and sold her. It was just time for a new car. She was at 130k miles when I told her good bye! Lol great car, Acura did awesome with this thing.

Favorite Features

Navigation, very comfortable ride for long trips, great gas mileage (EPA says 29 highway but I always avg 31-33 highway - EPA was off when they estimated this cars gas mileage) powerful 4 cylinder engine, maintenance cost are not ridiculous like BMW and Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

None, Acura has already added satellite radio to this model, they've improved the navigations system, and have made every possible improvement possible since 2004.

Best car ever.
By jesse357

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever had. Always puts a smile on my face. Flawless quality. Not one single problem in 100,000 miles. Over 30 mpg on highway and maybe 25 in city. I'm 45 and have always driven cars with Manual Transmission and they simply do not come any better. The snickt snickt feeling of that tranmission and turbine smooth vtec cannot be matched by anything I have had since. Acceleration and handling just top notch as close to BMW territory as you can get with front wheel drive but with much better reliability and handling in weather. Sold when I went overseas and will buy another when I get back to states. Just absolutely perfect.

Favorite Features

Touch screen Navigation, buttery smooth transmission. Terrific performance with great gas mileage. Interior is beautiful and understated. Electronics ease of use.

Suggested Improvements

XM Satelite radio but they added that in 2005.

I miss this car a lot!!
By booth1986

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Fast, sporty, decent gas mileage for its intended performance, great build quality and interior! I loved this car... The only reaon we got rid of it was to get a bigger car, this car is not suited for car seats or passengers on a regular basis. I am 5'11" and with a baby car seat in the back, my seat had to be up almost all the way. After 120K miles, the only issue we had was the AC system dies, and the alignment was always off (Later found out it was in a wreck that nearly totaled it which caused this)

Favorite Features

Navigation, manual, sunroof, heated leather seats, HID healights, VSA (Vehicle Stability Control) saved my bacon on more than one occasion in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

road/wind noise, leg room in the back, and auxiliary jack would have been nice, but for 2004, this was uncommon.

2004 Acura TSX Bad Paint - Stay away!
By bizop007

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Would like to recommend it, as long is it is not Milano Red. Her car's paint, along with everybody else who purchased the vehicle - from what I can gather from various Acura forums on the internet fades and turns pink. Not one or two but pretty much all Milano Red 2004 TSX vehicles. The car was pretty much garage kept, both at home and in a parking garage at work. It was waxed each spring and fall, but still it is turning more pink each day! Yes I know it is red and red fades not this much. Both Acura Canada and the dealer - Acura on Brant in Burlington, ON would do nothing. Terrible customer service - stay away - would not recommend the purchase n Acura vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

Better customer service and acceptance of responsibility for all defective Milano Red paint on the 2004 TSX models.