2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon w/Tech package
By ginodl on
2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Originally bought one for my wife, but I was extremely impressed with it, so I bought another for myself. We now have twins (different colors) in our garage. I could not be more pleased with them, averaging 23-25 mpg around town, and over 31 mpg on the highway. While I was concerned with only a 4 cylinder engine in the cars, they have proven to be even more exciting than the heavily Yamaha-massaged V-6 in our previous Mercury Sable (plus a lot better on gas). I've owned 5 Acuras previous to these two, and can verify that they will go to 200,000 miles with little or no concern. Why anyone would chose a "small" SUV over this comfortable wagon escapes me completely.
Favorite Features
Navigation system - intuitively easy to use - Audio system - almost as good as the one in our living room Standard paddle shifters - reasonable alternate to a real 3-pedal transmission, but the automatic works extremely well by itself Plenty of cargo space - easily accessible through the auto-operated tailgate. All kinds of neat stuff comes standard - didn't have to add a lot of options.
Suggested Improvements
Not crazy about the lack of a spare tire - don't like relying on a squirt can of tire gunk and a tiny tire pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. This would probably work for a small puncture, but you're stuck with a blow-out. I will admit though, that in almost 60 years of driving, I've only had to rely on a spare tire twice. Besides, Acura tosses in on-road coverage with the car, so you're not completely without resources.