Great value in performance wagon-
By fastricky on
2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I toyed with the idea of an SUV and looked at a couple of crossovers and compact SUVS, but after a lifetime of driving a real car (read sedan), I found SUVs uncomfortably removed from the road and clunky. That left me with few choices: the Acura, the Jetta Sportwagen, the CTS Sport Wagon and the Audi A4 were the 'finalists'. The Acura was the best value, and I've been delighted. It handles well and has plenty of vigor. I get 31+mpg on the highway. It has great electronic features, though the handsfree phone mechanism is a bit of a laggard. It's my first foreign car, and so far, I'm a happy camper.
Favorite Features
Great storage areas, both in the two seating rows and in back below the floor and in the side panels. Easy to use and impressive audio and navigation systems. Sport setting on automatic gives added pep, but in most situations the D setting is energetic enough.
Suggested Improvements
Please. My 06 Buick had a better system for making calls using audio nametags. The cabin is usually quiet, but sometimes road noise is an issue- not sure why- tires? Suspension? The wheel and various 'arms' are already very busy with controls. Rain sensors for the wipers would reduce some of the jumble and be a nice touch.