2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Consumer Review: Acura TSX should be a best-sel

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon - Consumer Review

Acura TSX should be a best-seller
By kurtr2828 on

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Technology Package 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's early September '13 and I must like this car, because I've put nearly 8,000 miles on it since purchasing it April 5. I can't understand why this car isn't more popular: It's the right size, with more cargo space (and higher reliability) than the Audi A4 wagon. It's fun to drive, and offers great mileage. I considered a 2014 Mazda 6, but needed something I could haul my bicycle in. Also considered Subaru Outback, but they are like bellybuttons--everyone has one. I must travel more than 100 miles to the nearest dealer, but I have no regrets. Great car. I seldom see others like it on the road. Wish I saw more of 'em.

Leather seats (even passenger side is power) offer good support and comfort on long trips, and the memory feature is cool. Don't trust the built-in gas mileage readout on the dash--it overestimates mileage by a couple of miles per gallon. But on my trip from Eastern Iowa to Virginia in June, got 32 mpg going out and 30 mpg coming home. Must've been the prevailing winds out of the west. In regular commuting on a two-lane state highway between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, I get around 29 mpg. Haven't done much city driving. I like the tech package, with nav, improved sound system, and power tailgate. Also like weather radar in nav unit. Mostly, I just like the way it handles.

I thought the nav unit would be more like the one in my wife's '07 Odyssey, but the Acura does not let me program a list of destinations for the day. Instead, it forces me to list one destination, and then add side trips (and not very easily). Also, although I find it has plenty of power and a smooth-shifting transmission, I agree with others in this forum that an additional cog would be an improvement. But mostly, I'd like to see Acura try harder to market and sell this car. A lot of folks are missing out on a very attractive, comfortable car. I'm looking forward to many happy miles with my '12 Acura TSX Sport Wagon.