Used 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Base Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TSX Sport Wagon model:

Reliable, Safe, Fun to Drive, Gas Saver
By Tsx lover

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We went to the nearby Acura dealership to purchase the newly re-designed Acura RDX back in 2012. Yet, the jet black 2012 S Wagon TSX caught our eye. It's counterpart sedan was also an impressive car, but since we were parents of a 2 year old with one on the way,we needed some additional head room in the storage/cargo area. The s-wagon made sense. It had ample room to store everything from strollers to beach gear. The compartment under the trunk lid is also very useful. Additionally, the leather is great. Real leather at no additional cost for an entry level vehicle unlike some of the German counterpart wagons we looked at. The tech package is easy to use with bluetooth, nav., a cooler in the arm rest console for warm days, where you can store a cold can of soda! It was phenomenol. The rear seats split allowing storage for longer items. The auto 6 way adjustable seats are also great as are the memory seating. The heated pereforated seats help out alot and you can keep it on the low setting.

Performance wise, the car is very conservative on gas consumption. Additionally, it performs relatively well. It is fun to drive as you can paint the road lines with the car. Steering and handling are awesome. it does lack some juice, but the inlive V-4 engine is pretty solid and comparable to some low end V-6 model vehicles. I would say the trade off for saving on gas and the little bit of extra juice you get off the V-6 is well worth it for this car.

Overall, great family car with tons of features and luxury amentities. I think this is an awesome car for a starter family, that can double as a great and comfortable commuter car for kings. Acura also holds value and runs like a champ for years, as this is our second acura we purchased. I think we will ride this one for a while. Too bad they stopped making this model. it truly is one of a kind.

Oh and it looks so much more sporty than your typical Subaru Outback type japanese wagon. Some friends even mistake it for a hatchback for those who have a stigma against sports wagons. In Eurpose wagons have way more clout.

Incredible Value, Fun to Drive and Great Utility + Luxury
By bergamini

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far I love my '12 TSX wagon.
The 4-cylinder has plenty of power, especially where I need it (from stop & highway passing) plus I have averaged 29.5 MPG for the first 3K in combined city / highway driving.

The front seats are very comfortable.
The base audio system sounds great.
The utility of having a wagon is great for IKEA runs, toting my bike, etc.
The interior is finished very nicely for this price point, it feels like a luxury car.

The value of this wagon compared to the Subaru Outback or the Volvo XC70 is incredible.
My understanding is that Acura will be discontinuing it after next year, and I will be sad to see it go.

I love the steering wheel, it feels great and I can control all the radio, trip and diagnostic functions from it. The automatic transmission is very smooth and I never even notice it shifting. There is plenty of room inside, especially up front and in the cargo area. My dog loves riding in back. I love the nook under the cargo area, perfect for yoga mats, shoes, cans of tennis balls, etc. I just hope I don't get a flat! The base audio system sounds surprisingly well and has a lot of features and good quality speakers. Lots of included features like Homelink, Xenon headlamps, paddle shifters, satellite radio, etc.

I don't understand why a 2011 Honda Accord can have SMS functionality but a 2012 Acura doesn't? Honda/Acura needs to get better at pushing out new technology to models in production. The base Bluetooth does not work well with the iPhone, can't transfer address book or even push contacts. The Bluetooth, after about 2 months, stopped recognizing my old iPhone 4 and I'm not sure if that's my phone or the car's fault. The back seat could be a bit larger, but it works for me and the adults who've ridden in it have said it's fine.

Great car for the times!
By mercruizer

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Mazda6 wagon before. Wanted either a wagon or crossover with good handling and mileage. Drove the Tiguan, Jetta, CRV, and 3-series. Most of the crossovers drive "okay", car-like but detached handling and so-so mileage. BMW had lousy standard equipment, and the Jetta was nice but a little narrow (coming from a midsize Mazda). The TSX was perfect sized and I am getting 31-34 MPG on trips! Passed on the TECH package (have my own Nav)to keep the price reasonable. Standard stereo is very good( I sell Home Electronics). The standard equipment on the TSX is amazing and is great value compared to other midsize offerings. The 4 cylinder is efficient and powerful.

Basic car is loaded with the most important features. Great stereo, Leather, Bluetooth, power front seats. Acura doesn't nickel and dime you with options. A midsize wagon with compact car gas mileage. Good power from a 4-cylinder. Priced with a FWD Honda Crosstour, but better finished and better looking.

Silver is the most popular car color, but, the wagon can't be had in silver. Very limited colors available.