2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX Sport Wagon model:
Acura TSX should be a best-seller
By kurtr2828 on 09/06/13 19:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's early September '13 and I must like this car, because I've put nearly 8,000 miles on it since purchasing it April 5. I can't understand why this car isn't more popular: It's the right size, with more cargo space (and higher reliability) than the Audi A4 wagon. It's fun to drive, and offers great mileage. I considered a 2014 Mazda 6, but needed something I could haul my bicycle in. Also considered Subaru Outback, but they are like bellybuttons--everyone has one. I must travel more than 100 miles to the nearest dealer, but I have no regrets. Great car. I seldom see others like it on the road. Wish I saw more of 'em.

Incredible Value, Fun to Drive and Great Utility + Luxury
By bergamini on 07/09/13 08:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far I love my '12 TSX wagon. The 4-cylinder has plenty of power, especially where I need it (from stop & highway passing) plus I have averaged 29.5 MPG for the first 3K in combined city / highway driving. The front seats are very comfortable. The base audio system sounds great. The utility of having a wagon is great for IKEA runs, toting my bike, etc. The interior is finished very nicely for this price point, it feels like a luxury car. The value of this wagon compared to the Subaru Outback or the Volvo XC70 is incredible. My understanding is that Acura will be discontinuing it after next year, and I will be sad to see it go.

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon w/Tech package
By ginodl on 04/03/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Originally bought one for my wife, but I was extremely impressed with it, so I bought another for myself. We now have twins (different colors) in our garage. I could not be more pleased with them, averaging 23-25 mpg around town, and over 31 mpg on the highway. While I was concerned with only a 4 cylinder engine in the cars, they have proven to be even more exciting than the heavily Yamaha-massaged V-6 in our previous Mercury Sable (plus a lot better on gas). I've owned 5 Acuras previous to these two, and can verify that they will go to 200,000 miles with little or no concern. Why anyone would chose a "small" SUV over this comfortable wagon escapes me completely.

So Far, So Good!
By exillinimj on 03/20/13 10:44 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my TSX Sports Wagon a couple of months now. The negative reviews I have seen are that it is under-powered (I disagree) and it has older technology (some of it could be upgraded but it is adequate). Since the 2012 was the same as the 2013, I was able to get a 2012 deeply discounted (which also factored highly into buying this vehicle). I compared this to the Ford Escape Titanium and 2014 Mazda CX7. I really like the technology package on the Mazda (it has Tom Tom) and the Ford was VERY nice. I just liked the way the the Acura handled better and it has a decent amount of cargo space. I also think the Acura will be more reliable in the long run.

2012 TSX Wagon w/Tech Package
By rasmaxwell on 08/16/12 23:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having had my 2012 TSX wagon for a month now, I am in a position to offer some feedback. Gas mileage - keep it under 75mph on a flat road, and you will likely get 33 mpg. City/suburan driving tends to run around 24-25 mpg. Handling - very good. Interior comfort - very good. Performance - average to good, but not really sporting. I do think that the wagon is overpriced, but then I also think that no new car is worth its sticker price. Too much hard plastic and carpeting is more like mouse fur. I bought it because every Honda product that I have owned has been very reliable.

Best SW in the US!
By brunilson on 07/14/12 11:15 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Try to figure out why VW did not launch the Passat Variant for its new model! The stationwagon segment has so few models in the mid range segment. As a german car fan I had to try the Acura for the 1st time, and I am impressed with its driving experience (reminded my Audi A3) so nimble, tight in curves, and its interior is gourgeous.

Terrific Car
By scatback on 07/02/12 20:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have missed the Accord wagon since we traded our 91, and here it is again, updated and more luxurious. We traded a 2011 RL, a very disappointing car. The TSX makes up for it, and reminds us of what Honda motors has always done well - great drive train, agile handling, lots of features, comfortable seats, great driving position, good sight lines and 28.6 mpg overall over 4000 miles, plus its the first Acura we've owned (out of six) with no rattles and squeaks. Ours is an unusual (and very macho) violet. I also have a 2112 ML350, but this is the care we choose on weekends around town. Plus, Acura is dealing.

Great car for the times!
By mercruizer on 06/11/12 06:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Mazda6 wagon before. Wanted either a wagon or crossover with good handling and mileage. Drove the Tiguan, Jetta, CRV, and 3-series. Most of the crossovers drive "okay", car-like but detached handling and so-so mileage. BMW had lousy standard equipment, and the Jetta was nice but a little narrow (coming from a midsize Mazda). The TSX was perfect sized and I am getting 31-34 MPG on trips! Passed on the TECH package (have my own Nav)to keep the price reasonable. Standard stereo is very good( I sell Home Electronics). The standard equipment on the TSX is amazing and is great value compared to other midsize offerings. The 4 cylinder is efficient and powerful.

Great value in performance wagon-
By fastricky on 04/20/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I toyed with the idea of an SUV and looked at a couple of crossovers and compact SUVS, but after a lifetime of driving a real car (read sedan), I found SUVs uncomfortably removed from the road and clunky. That left me with few choices: the Acura, the Jetta Sportwagen, the CTS Sport Wagon and the Audi A4 were the 'finalists'. The Acura was the best value, and I've been delighted. It handles well and has plenty of vigor. I get 31+mpg on the highway. It has great electronic features, though the handsfree phone mechanism is a bit of a laggard. It's my first foreign car, and so far, I'm a happy camper.

Good looking wagon
By georgiaz on 04/07/12 11:22 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove my Honda Accord EX wagon for 18yrs because there was nothing of equal quality or looks to replace it with until now. I fell in love with the TSX Sport wagon with the tech package at first sight. I was tired of driving a manuel transmission and wanted a nice automatic. The TSX fills the bill. Nice smooth shifting road car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon in VA is:

$118 per month*