Great family car
By mom270 on
2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I wanted to replace my Passat wagon with another wagon. Test drove: Subaru Outback, Toyota Venza, Jetta wagon TDI & Tiguan, Honda Crosstour & CRV, Acura RDX. I liked the TSX road feel, interior fit and finish, and cargo space compared to the competitors. I'm hoping snow tires will make up for the lack of AWD. Three months and 3,000 miles later, I am happy with my car. It's a smooth, comfortable ride. The Tech Package is fun and the stereo is excellent. The mileage is very good and exceeds the EPA estimates, especially for highway driving. Looking forward to Acura reliability. If you want AWD and are not as concerned with fuel economy, try the RDX. It's a fun drive.
Favorite Features
Smooth, comfortable ride; good amount of cargo space; Acura/Honda reliability, Tech Package - stereo, HDD, ipod hookup, Navi features which allow you to find banks, restaurants, etc. on the road, Sirius radio, hands-free phone. My kids enjoy the power liftgate and the "cooler" in the armrest.
Suggested Improvements
The cargo area could be improved by not having the suspension jut out, which cuts into the trunk space. My 03 Passat wagon had a better design. Would have loved to have the rear seat entertainment system that is available in the European Accord Tourer. Interior has some cheap plastics which are easily scratched. Much is made on the internet about the lack of a 6-cylinder engine. I used to have a V6 and I don't miss it much. Most of my driving is suburban and you can't speed much anyway. The only time I would like more power is entering a highway, but once I'm on the highway, it accelerates well and keeps up with other cars. The car feels peppy to me and I enjoy driving it.
By mom270
on 05/02/12 12:31 PM (PDT)

Amazingly, we got very little snow in the northeast this winter, quite a change from last year. So snow tires were not necessary. I'll see what next year brings!

By megenedr
on 03/25/12 15:24 PM (PDT)

How did the car do this winter? Did you wind up putting on snow tires?