A Great Wagon
By bennettlo on
2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I own a base-model TSX wagon that I bought about a month ago. I like it a lot, I think it's a great car and the base costs at least 5-6k less than a bmw or audi. That said, I realize it's got compromises and doesn't really compete with the A4 or 3-series. I choose it because it's a solid, comfy and reliable car with some added utility. I think of it as a modern Volvo 240 wagon that I'll be able to drive for 10 years with few problems. It is fun to drive though and I can hit corners at a high rate of speed. The acceleration is fine, but not impressive, as every reviewer has said. Acura went wrong with the name and little else; it's not a "sport" wagon, but it is an excellent wagon.
Suggested Improvements
Throwing the turbo in wouldn't hurt.
By bennettlo
on 03/04/11 12:14 PM (PST)

Yeah, the old non-turbo Volvo 240s seems ridiculously slow these days. I test drove a couple used ones just a few years back and was surprised. The tsx is a hell of a lot more fun to drive than that.

By tvcrider
on 03/02/11 18:35 PM (PST)

I recently test drove both the 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon (w/o tech) and the 2011 Audi A4 Avant. I was impressed by the Acura. Yeah, I wish it had AWD, but for more than a $7k up-charge, I am not sure I can talk myself into an Avant, particularly with Audi's sub-par maintenance record. I like your comparison to a 'modern 240', particular since we owned one for many years. I'll 'disagree' with you on a minor point. The base Volvo 240 4-cylinder wagon only had 114 HP! The Acura is much snappier even though enthusiasts may feel otherwise. No, it does not have quite the Umph of my wife's BMW 328xi wagon, but I understand the 3-series wagon will be discontinued in 2012. The bimmer wagon is also on par with the Avant's cost. It was also announced recently that Volvo will not bring any wagons to the US in 2012. Since we are a 'wagon' family the Acura looks quite promising. I never understood the American fixation with suvs? WTF do I need an suv for?.

By stp2011
on 06/20/11 19:23 PM (PDT)

I see you bought this car in March. Does the lack of AWD have any impact to driving in the snow? I was looking at the Honda Crosstour and that seems more rugged.