Used 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific TSX Sport Wagon model:

Good Small Family CUV Alternative
By hondanut

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned this little wagon for over a year. I was pretty smitten at first, but like anything, living with it reveals faults. I must have bad spatial recognition; it's smaller than I thought. Even our young kids find the rear seating confining. Luggage space is adequate. We've added a Thule box for extended trips. Which... Brings down gas mileage to CUV territory because the little 4 cyl has to work extra hard. However, without the box we see 28 to 32mpg on the highway and 23 regularly in the city. Another gear would help, but the transmission shifts smoothly and when you want it.

Favorite Features

I do like the tech package, particularly the ELS Sound System. The overall design of the car is nice. Ride and handling are great. It's a fun little car to throw around with only the most pock-marked roads making their presence known. I do like getting 30+ mpg on the highway, however that's with light loads and a light right foot.

Suggested Improvements

Well, how about making a TL Sportwagon?!Obviously, more room and more power would be great. I'd love to see Acura/Honda come up with a 2 liter turbo for power and mileage, which would be great for this car.

Great price point....
By hamil65

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned my wagon for a month now and love it. Purchased a Demo for only 27k. After pricing the BMW 3 series wagon and the Audi A4 equally equipped........10k+ difference, forget it. For 10k they can have more horse power and all wheel drive (live in SoCal don't need it). This engine is peppy enough and with the planned Icebox intake, power will be just fine. Recently got 32mpg Hwy averaging 70 mph. Sold my 2005 Mercedes E320 Wagon for this and its sooooo nice to have a transmission that shifts without hesitation. Not as quiet and smooth as the Merc but a new Benz was 55k....enough said.

Favorite Features

XM, ipod hookup, heated seats and Bluetooth phone/phone book.

Suggested Improvements

The RDX engine....Turbo charged, but there goes the mileage.

Great car to drive, runs like a little sportscar !
By ruolf

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Maybe the most fun to drive wagon I have ever owned. Just changed the oil with 6500 miles at the dealer. I think this wagon has plenty of power, just came back from a 1000 mile round trip from San Diego to San Francisco, fully loaded and got 30 mpg plus, driving on average 75 to 80 miles an hour. Brakes are well designed. Front Seats are very comfortable, but passenger front seat is lacking lumbar support.

Favorite Features

It looks sexy [so my wife says]. Super sound stereo system. Automatic tailgate a good and handy invention; with 2 grocery bags in your arms. Love it !

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything right of hand. If you put in a 6cyl engine, your mileage goes down. Maybe a diesel like Honda offers in Europe?

I Love This Wagon!
By really1

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2011 Honda Accord Coupe for this car after rescuing 2 dogs. I could not get them into the coupe very easily, so I bought the TSX Sportwagon. Tighter handling than the Accord. Smaller than the Accord - which is good. I LOVE the handling. Doesn't seem different from the sedan in ride and handling. Bluetooth could be better. Perfect space and great drive!

Favorite Features

Love the way it drives. Love the handling, The Interior, The stereo and the looks of the back of it.

Suggested Improvements

Still not a huge fan of the front of Acura's, but it's great from behind the wheel. Bluetooth is not good at all - needs major improvement. Ford Sync (not touch) is still the best on the market. Premium Fuel :-(

Great car with some minor flaws
By bronx1

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had this car for a month and love it. Good gas mileage and nice luxury features but you are paying for the name plate and lux features rather than the performance. Ultimately, this is still the Euro Honda wagon with some upgrades. It is a fuel-efficient, small engine alternative to the SUV. As long as those facts are kept in mind and that is what you are after you will love it. The biggest short-fall for us is that the back-seat is not designed for child seats (sad for a family car). The buckle is recessed and the seat shape forces the booster right over the buckle making it impossible to use - seat belt extenders are required, and I am not sure what that means for safety.

Favorite Features

tech package options, comfortable interior, peppy four-cylindar engine

Suggested Improvements

Needs a more child-friendly back seat. An all wheel drive option would be nice but is not essential.