2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX Sport Wagon model:
Good Small Family CUV Alternative
By hondanut on 01/20/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned this little wagon for over a year. I was pretty smitten at first, but like anything, living with it reveals faults. I must have bad spatial recognition; it's smaller than I thought. Even our young kids find the rear seating confining. Luggage space is adequate. We've added a Thule box for extended trips. Which... Brings down gas mileage to CUV territory because the little 4 cyl has to work extra hard. However, without the box we see 28 to 32mpg on the highway and 23 regularly in the city. Another gear would help, but the transmission shifts smoothly and when you want it.

Great price point....
By hamil65 on 11/30/11 17:10 PM (PST)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned my wagon for a month now and love it. Purchased a Demo for only 27k. After pricing the BMW 3 series wagon and the Audi A4 equally equipped........10k+ difference, forget it. For 10k they can have more horse power and all wheel drive (live in SoCal don't need it). This engine is peppy enough and with the planned Icebox intake, power will be just fine. Recently got 32mpg Hwy averaging 70 mph. Sold my 2005 Mercedes E320 Wagon for this and its sooooo nice to have a transmission that shifts without hesitation. Not as quiet and smooth as the Merc but a new Benz was 55k....enough said.

Great car to drive, runs like a little sportscar !
By ruolf on 10/28/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Maybe the most fun to drive wagon I have ever owned. Just changed the oil with 6500 miles at the dealer. I think this wagon has plenty of power, just came back from a 1000 mile round trip from San Diego to San Francisco, fully loaded and got 30 mpg plus, driving on average 75 to 80 miles an hour. Brakes are well designed. Front Seats are very comfortable, but passenger front seat is lacking lumbar support.

I Love This Wagon!
By really1 on 10/27/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2011 Honda Accord Coupe for this car after rescuing 2 dogs. I could not get them into the coupe very easily, so I bought the TSX Sportwagon. Tighter handling than the Accord. Smaller than the Accord - which is good. I LOVE the handling. Doesn't seem different from the sedan in ride and handling. Bluetooth could be better. Perfect space and great drive!

Great car with some minor flaws
By bronx1 on 08/18/11 08:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had this car for a month and love it. Good gas mileage and nice luxury features but you are paying for the name plate and lux features rather than the performance. Ultimately, this is still the Euro Honda wagon with some upgrades. It is a fuel-efficient, small engine alternative to the SUV. As long as those facts are kept in mind and that is what you are after you will love it. The biggest short-fall for us is that the back-seat is not designed for child seats (sad for a family car). The buckle is recessed and the seat shape forces the booster right over the buckle making it impossible to use - seat belt extenders are required, and I am not sure what that means for safety.

Who needs a crossover?
By lnkaye on 08/13/11 05:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I believe that Acura got it right when they came out with this outstanding wagon. I have this car now for a little over a month and it exceeds my expectations as to what a car means to me. I traded in my 2004 RAV4 which had the same amount of cargo space and about the same size engine. The Acura is quicker, handles much better and of course the design and luxury are noteworthy. I was surprised when receiving many favorable comments on my new car from strangers, such as "Now that is a beautiful looking wagon". I have not driven the car in winter yet, but I don't think that not having all wheel drive will make a big difference in my driving habits. The seats are very comfy with good visibility

Great family car
By mom270 on 08/11/11 09:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted to replace my Passat wagon with another wagon. Test drove: Subaru Outback, Toyota Venza, Jetta wagon TDI & Tiguan, Honda Crosstour & CRV, Acura RDX. I liked the TSX road feel, interior fit and finish, and cargo space compared to the competitors. I'm hoping snow tires will make up for the lack of AWD. Three months and 3,000 miles later, I am happy with my car. It's a smooth, comfortable ride. The Tech Package is fun and the stereo is excellent. The mileage is very good and exceeds the EPA estimates, especially for highway driving. Looking forward to Acura reliability. If you want AWD and are not as concerned with fuel economy, try the RDX. It's a fun drive.

Love my car... but easily could be much better
By pdanek on 05/19/11 12:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had mine for a month now, just over 1000 miles. Bought it because I wanted a small "sport wagon" but wanted Japanese reliability. I believe most pro reviews are pretty spot-on. It's nice, but could use more power or a sixth cog on the automatic. Paddle shifters are OK, but the standard auto seems tuned too much for fuel economy--Mazda's autos put it to shame. It also affects mileage, which is OK until you remember it's a 4-cylinder, then it's just ho-hum. Great fit and finish, wonderful stereo, too many buttons. If you want a high-quality, reliable luxo wagon, and can do without a V6 or AWD, I believe you'll like the TSX--But it could be a lot better with a 6-speed sport aut

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY
By johnnywild74 on 05/17/11 15:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I brought this car traded my pathfinder for the acura tsx sport wagon.What a difference better gas mileage, smoother ride,luxury interior,great built.i love this car

Great wagon
By cisobe on 05/06/11 14:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon 4dr Wagon w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my 03' Toyota Tacoma Double Caband picked up my TSX Wagon at the end of March. So far I'm very happy with it. I never expected it to be a sports car, so I feel that it has decent power. I'm really happy with the Gas mileage as it's easily 7-8mpg better than my truck. Cargo capacity is a lot less than my truck, but that was a given. I was still able to load a 4 burner gas grill (in box) from Lowes into the back cargo area as well as the gas tank and a few accessories. The tech package is quite daunting, and I only know a handfull of voice commands, but the nav works great, power lift gate is very useful and the sound system sounds great. So far, really happy with the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon in WA is:

$166 per month*