2016 Acura TLX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura TLX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TLX model:

STAY AWAY IF YOU LIVE IN A WARM CLIMATE
By DK in Florida

2016 Acura TLX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

If you purchase this car in white, the interior options are only dark colors. My car has the white exterior with the gray leather seats. However, the interior gets so hot because of the cheap black plastic dashboard and black plastic door trim which consumes a large portion of the interior cabin. The air conditioner can't compensate for the intense heat buildup when the car is parked outside in the hot Florida sun. This car has the seats that are supposed to cool and this function really does not help much. My 2009 Acura had a BEAUTIFUL tan interior and a really good air conditioner that cooled the car so well. I am so disappointed in the 2016 TLX, that I wish I would have kept my 2009. The 2016 TLX was purchased for the safety features which are superb, but the car is so uncomfortably hot, that we will consider another brand the next time we purchase. I do not know why Acura does not offer lighter color LEATHER INTERIOR SEATS anymore. Plastic seats in Florida are like sitting in a plastic bag. If the interior options don't change, we will no longer be ACURA customers.

My Acura TLX blows away other cars in its class
By Acura guy

2016 Acura TLX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I'm an Acura guy, owning for 12 years before this new '16 TLX I just bought. I thought about changing - looked hard at BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar - and I'm really happy I didn't. Love the performance, ride and comfort, and I get all of the bells and whistles that the other guys have at a significantly lower cost. Plus the car just looks great.

TLX Early Impressions
By Gregory Lowe

2016 Acura TLX Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Car has above average technology for the entry luxury sedan class, but below average performance for the category. Also, the engine automatic stop when stationary at a traffic light, etc. is annoying and requires manual override.

none
By Augustine Trinchese

Perfect combination
By Michael

2016 Acura TLX Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The perfect combination of German driving pleasure, and Honda bones.