2015 Acura TLX Consumer Reviews

2015 Acura TLX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TLX model:
Critical but Subjective Review
By acuradriver6 on 03/25/15 14:01 PM (PDT)

2015 Acura TLX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

The TLX does represent the best value for your money, with all the useful entertainment and driver's assistant features, quiet ride, and comfortable seats. Then here is the big problem that has made me and many others regretted its purchase. The TLX's all new 8-speed DCT is causing all kinds of problems: Hard jerk right before entering a complete stop(like the car has been rear-ended). Delay during acceleration after momentarily letting off gas - engine revs up and then the car slams into the gear that it finally selects - especially dangerous when coming out of a corner or attempting to accelerate after yielding in an intersection. Takes 2-3 key strokes turn on heated seats!!

Objective Review
By Kim Todd on 03/06/15 19:18 PM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Test drove the front wheel drive V6. For a little more I bought the Super Handling All Wheel Drive model. Compared to Lexus ES, IS and GS350, BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Mercedes CLA and C class. Without a doubt, the TLX is a winner. It offers this 41 year old everything I could want in a car. It offers very comfortable seats and the quietest ride of all the competition. It offers safety surpassed by no one. Top Safety Pick + by the Insurance Institute. When I feel like driving more aggressively, it simply asks how aggressive? It lets me choose between Eco, Normal, Sport and Sport + mode that completely changes the character of the car. The direct injection engine offers -.

TLX has safety issues
By amalcr on 02/26/15 15:26 PM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I have bought at least 8 Acuras in the last 5 years....always reliable. The new TLX has some problems. First, there is NO emergency brake....absolutely dumb and stupid! They ask you to electronically put on an emergency brake and then to get it off, electronically, you have to press on the accelerator. Well, that can cause an accident, especially if you are pointed downhill. Second, when you put the transmission in park, it drifts backward or forward, however you are pointed. These defects need to be fixed, pronto. If you like a hand emergency brake, don't buy this car!

Great Car Poor Climate Control System
By v4f1 on 02/09/15 17:43 PM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Purchased a TLX Tech 2WD AWS V^ in October, love the way the car drives, handles awesomely, very quiet interior, the Stereo system is great, the electronics touch screens and such are very nicely put together. This is my third Acura had a '08' TL and '09' MDX, the climate control on this car seems to only work well for about an hour, when you drive on the freeway with the temp set at 74 for example the car gets very drafty and cold, the climate control never seems to adjust for the temp when needed, I live in a cold climate city, have driven two others and have experienced the same drafty interior.

Awesome car! 2015 TLX SH-AWD
By theslash on 12/24/14 07:32 AM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This car is amazing. If you you can afford a car at this price point, this is the best that money can buy. It drives like luxury limo in a fuel economy mode and converts to sport agile performance sedan in a sport and sport + mode. Fuel economy is even better than advertised. There is a lot of technology and a learning curve but eventually you get a good use of most of the features. Interior is super quiet while driving and it has a buttery smooth transmission. However, when you push it hard, it gives you roaring sound. I-4 was also impressive, but feels peppy and sporty without that luxury feel of V6. AWD is awesome too. Highly recommended. Awesome build quality.

Love this car!
By mapleloaf on 12/04/14 06:24 AM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

To provide contextI, since 2008, we have owned 3 TSXs, a CSX, a Civic, and, currently, an Altima 2.5 SL Tech. This is my first 6 cylinder car, as I decided I wanted the SH-AWD. Before I bought the TLX, I test drove multiple times and read dozens of reviews, in addition to looking various competitor vehicles. I can say with a resounding WOW that this car does not disappoint on any level. It is a wonderful balance of all the things I typically look for in a car, and then some! Luxury, technology, uber quietness, handling, and performance in a classy attractive package for very reasonable $ Driving this car is a joy. Good to be back to Acura!

Acura TLX from AutoNation Acura Best Experience Ever
By mitchell22 on 11/27/14 09:35 AM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

TLX is a great car especially for the money. I had a Lexus ES300h & it's a great car. But fully loaded it came in at 48K before TTL. I got a 2.4 w/ Tech Pkg. & as far as "losing" features from Lexus I lost power steering wheel & ventilated seats. At 35K MSRP the TLX is a steal. Ride is fantastic just as smooth as ES300h & seat comfort is honestly better. AutoNation Acura gave me the best buying experience I've ever had! They didn't try to sell me extra stuff during financing. I was able to pick one vehicle and change my mind on color and not once did anyone seem irritated. I can't say enough how they worked with me to make this purchase. Thank you AutoNation Acura. You're the best dealership

My 3rd Acura
By shs111 on 11/20/14 18:27 PM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Traded my 2005 RL -- reluctantly -- for the TLX. Impulse decision. And I havent looked back. Handles beautifully, great technology features, perfect driving size. I'd say Acura really nailed it. Would recommend this car without hesitation.

Fantastic car, could not be happier
By shs111 on 11/07/14 03:17 AM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Traded my 2005 RL for the 2015 TLX. Great, great car. Would have purchased the Advance if it were available, but went with a Tech because it was on the lot. No regrets on that choice. The car handles well, the technology features are great (although they take a bit of getting used to). I think my RL could have lasted another ten years, I'm a huge Acura fan. Great value foe the money.

Love this car
By sandre63 on 11/02/14 17:34 PM (PST)

2015 Acura TLX Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This is my third Acura, I've had two TLs over the past six years. I liked them but alway felt like something was missing. This car has everything and more. They thought of every detail from the lights turning on at night when I get close to the car to the technology that enhances the driving experience. I feel like I got a lot of bang for my buck