2015 Acura TLX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Acura TLX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TLX model:

overall good car ruined by crappy 9speed tranny
By mlody_me

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Overall good car, but watch out for 9-speed tranny. It is horrible especially in early models (not sure if the issue is still present in 2016). My car also vibrates on a highway that takes tons of enjoyment out of driving, so if you drive a lot on highway, make sure to test it on a highway before spending hard earned money as Acura will not fix it!!!! My car was in service 6 times to address vibrations and 9 speed tranny and I gave up and sold the car cause I could not deal with it anymore. Also for people coming from 4th generation TL. The TLX is a bit smaller and overall cheaper (material, plastics, smaller engine, tires etc), so just beware of that.

WOW check it out!
By jan jusko

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Test-drove the 300 and 400 Benz and the 300 and 400 BMW?s and they do not even come close. They were loud, stiff, and felt cheap inside. The TLX is an incredible auto and an incredible value. The MSRP on my TLX was 46,000 for a comparable Benz or BMW the MSRP was 53,000 to 55,000. I do mostly highway driving and it handles great at all speeds and is quiet and well made. Oh by the way, the trade-in value is better than the Benz or BMW. You cannot buy a better car for the price. Test drove the base model and was not impressed but the all- wheel drive advanced package is a home run!

Acura TLX Better Than Lexus ES 350!
By Paul Grasewicz

2015 Acura TLX Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Drove a Lexus ES-350, Mercedes C-300 and the Acura TLX V-6 Advance. The Acura was more spacious inside, it is wider and there is more headroom. Very quiet interior and the car seems to float over the road. Too much road noise in the Lexus. I really like the Acura's separate screen for the navigation and one for the sound system. The ELS 10 speaker system with surround is wonderful. The car has good acceleration and gas mileage. There are more technology features than other similar luxury cars. Plus it is priced lower than the Lexus and Mercedes C-300 (which is a small car). I highly recommend the Acura TLX. You get much more for the money. Test drive one, you'll be convinced like me.

My Wife's Car
By Tim

2015 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Absolutely love driving this car! It's my wife's car but I make sure to drive it any chance I get! Interior is amazingly quite! Handling is superb and transmission shifts like a champ! The 2.4l is zippy and fun to drive despite only having 201hp. Maybe it's because my daily driver is a pickup truck, but I love this car and would consider buying a second TLX.

If you don't love this car, shame on you.
By MICHAEL

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The negative opinions and reviews on here truly amaze me. Why on earth did you buy, or even lease this car if you don't love it? There are so many sedans to choose from, and I can think of five or six that are pretty close to the TLX in many ways. You could have gotten a Maxima, a Passat, a Lexus ES, an Accord V6, a Malibu, an Infiniti, a Hyundai, a Kia, a Camry, etc., etc. If you didn't choose the TLX because its such a great blend of technology, performance, reliability, and value then I'm sorry, but you're blew it. This car isn't perfect but guess what..none of the cars I listed are perfect either. No car in this price range does everything exactly right. A couple of years ago I took a two year break from Acura (I've had ten Acuras) and leased a Lexus GS350. It was a fine automobile, and nicer than any Acura I've owned, but I had to reduce my debt to income ratio in order to buy a home, so the Lexus went back before the lease was up. I managed to lease a 2015 TLX AWD TECH this month, for 24 months, with 15K miles per year, and with zero money down I got the car for $439 per month with tax included. There was no better deal on ANY comparable luxury sedan. Period. If you didn't get a great deal too, that's your fault. If you found out later that you don't like the nine speed tranny, or the lane departure system, or the fact that there's not USB charger in the back seat, or that the car can't be rolled in neutral if the batter dies, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! Its a car people. It's not supposed to be perfect. Nothing in life is perfect. Get over it. I love Acura. I love that its not a BMW or Mercedes or Audi because I think those cars are too expensive, and too prone to have problems, and I don't care about the perceived status people who drive them feel about THEMSELVES. Guess what....nobody is impressed with your German car anymore. They are ubiquitous nowadays. I love that my Acuras make me happy, that their ELS stereos sound great, that I can drive them without any effort, and that they never actually need to be rolled in neutral! Happy motoring everyone!

• SUV