2014 Acura TL Consumer Review: My second TL

2014 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

My second TL
By bpatters69 on

2014 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second TL. My first TL was a 2003 Base model which I traded in for a 2014 Silver Moon TL base model. I have to say, I love Acura and I love my new TL. Even though I have a base model, it comes with all the features and options that I need. Granted, there is no camera or web interface but with all the changes to that technology, anything you buy today is soon outdated tomorrow. I would prefer to just buy the latest cell or table for web and navigation. The ride is superb and the quality and construction is what I have come to expect from Acura. Best of all, the TL is the absolute best value out there! I picked up mine for under $32k! Acura is moving these so grab one!

Favorite Features

The TL comes very well equipped. No need to add anything but the feature that has kept me a happy Acura owner is the engine. The Acura V6 is smooth as glass and flawless. Build quality was superb with my 2003 and I expect the same from the 2014. Price is not a feature but Acura is obviously trying to clear the TLs out ahead of the TLX which is due to be delivered during the Summer. $32k is an awesome price for an awesome vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The one negative to this car is the trunk. As others have stated the trunk opening is small and compared to my 2003, the trunk is 1 cubic foot smaller than my 2003. Also, my 2003 had a much larger opening. The other thing is the sound system which is very good but compared to the Alpine system in my 2003, the sound system is slightly less refined.
By 9608
on 04/21/14 14:59 PM (PDT)

I too am still driving and loving our 2003 TL base model. It only has 72K on the odometer and it still is perfect, but it is our only car so am considering a change. I agree that $32K is a good price for such a well equipped car but am torn between considering a 2014 TL or TSX or waiting for the new TLX. I never like to buying a new model in it's first year of production so if I go that route, I would likely wait for the 2016 model. Glad you like your new TL.

By bpatters69
on 03/22/15 11:40 AM (PDT)

Still loving this car. I have had it for almost one year and still no complaints.