2014 Acura TL Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2014 TL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Sort Reviews by

Great value with Honda/Acura dependability
By mqc99

2014 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2014 TL to replace my 2008 BMW 535i. I love my new TL. It has good power, reasonable gas mileage, and good handling. The BMW may be slightly better in handling, but the TL is way better than the BMW in reliability (I was stranded 3 times and almost stranded twice during the 6 years I owned it, but thatÂ’s a different story for the BMW forum). We have had many Honda cars before and it has always been very reliable for us. I am hoping my new TL will be just reliable and fun to drive for many years to come. As someone said here, Acura is trying to clear out their 2014 TL inventories making room for the new 2015 TLX model. So, there are some excellent deals on the 2014 TL now.

Favorite Features

Solid build quality, Honda reliability and longevity. Smooth and powerful V-6 engine. Good handling. Blue Tooth connection for phone and music, Well-equipped vehicle with the Technology Package (excellent sound system, backup camera, push button start/stop, built-in nav, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

The dial input for the navigation system is too cumbersome to use. Add touch screen for address inputs. Lower trunk opening, larger trunk space and rear folding seats will be nice.

My second TL
By bpatters69

2014 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second TL. My first TL was a 2003 Base model which I traded in for a 2014 Silver Moon TL base model. I have to say, I love Acura and I love my new TL. Even though I have a base model, it comes with all the features and options that I need. Granted, there is no camera or web interface but with all the changes to that technology, anything you buy today is soon outdated tomorrow. I would prefer to just buy the latest cell or table for web and navigation. The ride is superb and the quality and construction is what I have come to expect from Acura. Best of all, the TL is the absolute best value out there! I picked up mine for under $32k! Acura is moving these so grab one!

Favorite Features

The TL comes very well equipped. No need to add anything but the feature that has kept me a happy Acura owner is the engine. The Acura V6 is smooth as glass and flawless. Build quality was superb with my 2003 and I expect the same from the 2014. Price is not a feature but Acura is obviously trying to clear the TLs out ahead of the TLX which is due to be delivered during the Summer. $32k is an awesome price for an awesome vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The one negative to this car is the trunk. As others have stated the trunk opening is small and compared to my 2003, the trunk is 1 cubic foot smaller than my 2003. Also, my 2003 had a much larger opening. The other thing is the sound system which is very good but compared to the Alpine system in my 2003, the sound system is slightly less refined.

Great but Navigation system is from the dark ages
By mchasan

2014 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car! The only problem is the navigation systems. The navigation system is not only difficult to use, but it is very often inaccurate & misleading. I have had to resort to using my cellphone for all my navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Use Google Maps.

Great value and fun to drive
By baymate

2014 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Unassuming, low-key upscale sedan. Fun to drive. Highly responsive acceleration. Great cornering ability. Pleasant interior and exterior. A performance sedan that can serve as a secondary family car. One of the best value.

Favorite Features

Back up camera is much improved compared to the older versions (e.g. on 2007 MDX): turns on much more quickly and is much brighter. This is a great safety improvement. Exterior has a refined but not overly aggressive look (as compared to the 09-11 models). For a family car, this drives more like a sports sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Make blind spot detector standard on all models. Need more trunk space. Make the backseat foldable if it does not sacrifice sturdiness.