2013 Acura TL 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Stay away from Acura

2013 Acura TL - Consumer Review

2013 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Stay away from Acura
By pasulaka on

2013 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Acura has set new standards for using poor quality materials. My dashboard developed several large cracks after just a few days parked in my parking lot at work this summer in North Carolina. (Other than work, the car is always garaged.) The dealership claims it cracked due to maintenance(!) I own 4 other cars ranging from 1974 to 2006 & have never had a cracked dashboard. The TL has more rattles than your average new-born child. The cover over my cup-holder broke after just a few weeks. I truly wish I had bought a Lexus, BMW or Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Cracked dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

Dashboards that don't crack, interiors that don't rattle, cup holder covers that don't break. Look at the materials used on the interior as an opportunity to enhance the ownership experience rather than a place to cut corners & save money.
By mysterger
on 08/22/13 10:28 AM (PDT)

I don't really believe what pasulaka wrote about the terrible build quality of this TL. Not one bit. One of the cars in my household fleet is a 2001 3.2TL with close to 200,000 miles. As my cars are replaced, the new one go into the garage and the older ones stay outside. This particular car hasn't seen the inside of the garage in six years. Except for some wear on the driver's seat, no vinyl or leather has cracked or worn out. He said the dealer said it cracked due to maintenance doesn't even make sense. Personally, I think he's just a troll out to make Acura look bad.