Relative Bargain
By koryme on
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
Regardless if you like the exterior appearance or not, you can't deny that this is a luxury bargain. Match the features this car has to the equivalent BMW or Audi and you're looking at 10 grand higher. And that may not be including AWD. Performance, comfort, features, quality, transmission, and overall satisfaction couldn't be better. Not that it's a bad thing, but if you're looking for an AWD sedan with a manual transmission, this is your only option. Note: I've only owned my TL for a short time. If I experience anything like the other reviewer on here did then I will update my review. As for now, I couldn't be happier.
Favorite Features
6 speed manual transmission. It is incredibly smooth and effortless. The only other manual I've enjoyed this much was on the MX-5. The ELS audio system is no joke. Words can't describe the quality of it, so experience it for yourself if you get the chance. The car comes with a demo audio DVD. Listen to track 16 at volume 8-10 for a perfect demo.
Suggested Improvements
Provide the advance package on the manual transmission models.
By hadana6
on 06/03/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

Agree with all the above - and I came out of a modified 2000 Audi A6 twin turbo stick from Championship Porsche Audi in FL. Car had about 330 hp. This TL is SH_AWD with stick. It could use a bit more low-mid range punch. It is a keeper, but a bit more would be nice. Does anyone know if software upgrades exist that are tuned to 93 octane, which I always use in any case? I doubt it, knowing Honda, but worth asking. Any info on this please email me direct at chassoc@verizon.net Overall - for space, ride, handling (Awesome with ALL Season Ultra rubber Potenzas on the 18" wheels), sound system!!, etc it blows the competition away. One cannot get a car with these features and space except the BMW 535xi with stick, which weighs hundreds of pounds more. Note - the stick SH-AWD TL is 75 lbs lighter than the Auto in this model. Thanks.

By knr5
on 04/19/13 23:52 PM (PDT)

I recently purchased the same type of car (TL SH-AWD 6MT) about a month ago, after ten years of Infiniti G35 (2003 and 2006). I could not agree more with koryme about the car being a screaming value among sporty luxury sedans. It has a hint of FW bias built into its AWD, provides a touch too low effort in the driving experience, and is a fraction too big to be a genuine sport sedan. But I do not mind at all. The TL is a superb touring car that has excellent reflexes as well. It is growing more and more on me!:)