Beware 2012 Acura TL- Deficient Handling
By disillusione1 on
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased a New Acura AWD Sport package 2012 TL. The purchasing process was exceptional. A Two hour drive home was a disaster. The new TL front end shimmied and pulled to the left. I took it to local Acura dealer because unsafe to drives. They balanced the tires, charged me $50. Brand new vehicle. Returned to original dealer to fix left drifting on interstate highways. They checked said all was in spec. Drove two hours back and it still drifted left. Took videos, took it back. They recommended different tires for over $900. Same problem. Requested to escalate with Acura. No response. Finally I elected to trade in 2012 AWD TL before I was seriously injured.
Favorite Features
Advance package is excellent, very easy to use and many features. Why we replaced our 2005 Acura RL. Power is excellent with mediocre gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
This was my third Acura. Never had this experience before. Found absolutely no help to resolve the drifting left. Car had 1561 miles on trade in. Significant loss but better than lost of life. This SH-AWD 2012 TL has either a serious deficeincy or defective design. Could not get help to resolve. Be very careful.
By chicagoeg
on 02/15/13 20:24 PM (PST)

I am also driving my 3rd TL (09 w/ tech pkg) with 75K miles. In 12 years, never had a quality issue with any of the 3. Replaced a couple of batteries. Have had no issues with competent service department for normal maintenance. Love the ride, my teenage grandchildren love to borrow it for special occasions. I was disappointed when they increased the TL size in "09. Just went to the auto show with an open mind and ready to buy. Decided to wait for '14 which will be downsized to previous generation. Can't wait. Quality of ride, features, and design as well as price will keep me coming back.

By defielding
on 12/06/13 12:52 PM (PST)

Definitely a problem with the set-up of this particular car. A shame the dealer didn't own up (too bad you didn't include the dealer's name for all to see). Sometimes a different dealer then the one you bought from will come up big to earn your future business by petitioning Acura to fix all concerns under warranty. The handling on my SH-AWD is nothing short of amazing (handles like a race car). Mine has also proved to be a very relaxing highway touring car as well.