2013 TL AWD-SH w/Advanced PKG
By thehonesttruth on
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I've only had the car for about a month (900 miles), so commenting on reliability, etc. is impossible. Given Honda's track record though, I'm sure it's excellent, especially when compared to cars in its class. I know from what I've been told and read, BMW's, Mercs, and Audi's are somewhat unreliable and extremely expensive to repair. Furthermore, resale value on all of them is awful. I'm not rich, so not throwing my money away was a big factor in my decision. Lexus and Infiniti make a good car too, you just have to buy what's right for you.
Favorite Features
Acceleration is quick and handling is amazing from the AWD. If you want to corner harder - just keep your foot on the gas. I know that seems odd, but that allows the car to deliver the right amount of torque to the "right" wheel for superior traction. It's scary at first, but you just have to try it to believe it. I've read lots of negatives on the amount of buttons in the interior, but I like it, and after two days you feel comfortable in the cockpit. I'm not a fan of the wood grain - so I like the contemporary and sporty design. Again, it's going to be personal preference here. The interior is sporty, yet luxurious. The sound system is amazing - you have to hear it to believe it.
Suggested Improvements
The ride is a little rough. I live in Ohio, so pot holes are a plenty and hitting even cracks in the road is felt (and heard). I know it needs to ride a little stiff for the performance aspect, but the Audi A4 is much more pleasant in this regard. Fuel economy is probably my biggest issue with the car. I'm averaging a little under 18 (I do mostly city driving) and when you factor in the premium fuel, you might as well be driving a full size pick-up. With all the technology on this car, you would think Acura would have found a way to conserve fuel (like not using all the cylinders at all times like our Honda Odyssey). Oh well, it's not perfect, but it's darn good.