2013 Acura TL SH-AWD Advance
By jason60051 on
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I traded in my 2011 BMW 535i for this vehicle. My 535i lacked x-drive and was a manual transmission so I was looking for something with awd, automatic, great resale value, and reliability and this Acura fit the bill. Having driven the BMW a couple years I was pleasantly surprised by how this Acura handles and the acceleration. The only gripe I would have is that it rides a little stiff with the 19's. But it isn't an uncomfortable ride. The build quality is very good and the gas mileage so far isn't bad...21 mpg's combined city and highway.
Favorite Features
So far of course the SH-AWD transforms this vehicle into a canyon carver. The ventilated seats are awesome. The ELS stereo is great...however it doesn't sound that great with XM or FM radio. Utilizing the DVD audio discs transforms the stereo into something magnificent. The 6 speed automatic is very smooth and it doesn't hesitate looking for a top gear to conserve gas. The power is always there and ready to be used. The seats have excellant side bolstering. The blind spot monitoring helps also. By far my favorite feature is the price. My BMW had stickered for $63k and this Acura stickers for $46k. I can't justify the price difference for the German brands any longer.
Suggested Improvements
There were a couple of interior plastics that didn't line up at delivery. Many improvements were made in the 2012 model year so I don't really see any other imporvements needed on this model.