Used 2013 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great for around 40 thousand Canadian
By billy84

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

All wheel drive, manual 6 speed, 305hp, comfort, not a comuter car as far as gas mileage, love it smooth and quiet, great stereo, would be better with 75 more hp.

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD Advance
By jason60051

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2011 BMW 535i for this vehicle. My 535i lacked x-drive and was a manual transmission so I was looking for something with awd, automatic, great resale value, and reliability and this Acura fit the bill. Having driven the BMW a couple years I was pleasantly surprised by how this Acura handles and the acceleration. The only gripe I would have is that it rides a little stiff with the 19's. But it isn't an uncomfortable ride. The build quality is very good and the gas mileage so far isn't bad...21 mpg's combined city and highway.

Favorite Features

So far of course the SH-AWD transforms this vehicle into a canyon carver. The ventilated seats are awesome. The ELS stereo is great...however it doesn't sound that great with XM or FM radio. Utilizing the DVD audio discs transforms the stereo into something magnificent. The 6 speed automatic is very smooth and it doesn't hesitate looking for a top gear to conserve gas. The power is always there and ready to be used. The seats have excellant side bolstering. The blind spot monitoring helps also. By far my favorite feature is the price. My BMW had stickered for $63k and this Acura stickers for $46k. I can't justify the price difference for the German brands any longer.

Suggested Improvements

There were a couple of interior plastics that didn't line up at delivery. Many improvements were made in the 2012 model year so I don't really see any other imporvements needed on this model.

Amazing car for the price.
By dcstriker25

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a couple months after trading in a S5 for a more family orented sedan. I looked into the A6, and Lexus's but felt they were to pricey, when a collegue told me to look into the TL. I was shocked when I looked into the price on the fully loaded TL AWD compared to the the comparible lexus(Power wise) and A6 (size and power), A4 was to weak of an engine. The sticker might have been 46k but I was offered the car for 40,650 + 1,500 cash for trading in the car. The car was great inside and outside styling was much improved over the 2009-2011. The car drives smooth, tech features are great, and AWD works extreamly well in the NE winter.

Favorite Features

AWD, Sound system, interior quality, and build quality of the car.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space.

After searching many I chose TL
By damonpod

2013 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura, volvo, Audi, Cadillac, Hyundai and a few others before making my final decision. I honestly didn't consider Acura a luxury brand until I drove one! I narrowed it down to Lexus ES and Acura as both offered the best deal for the money. I am tall so BMW, mercedes and audi were cramped. After test driving the Acura TL several times I was hooked. The acceleration, interior styling and cabin room were second to none. The sound system is tremendous, and the Technology package works with ease. My dealership experience at Mungenast was the best dealership experience I have ever had when buying a car. Had the car for 3 months and no problems to report so far.

Favorite Features

Comfort as I am 6'4"! Seats are great, plenty of room. I do not even have to put the seat all the way back! Stereo system impresses everyone. Cabin room overall very roomy for back seat passengers. I like the exterior styling even though I know thats a personal preference. Car handles great around turns, and acceleration on the highway is great.

Suggested Improvements

Number of buttons on console took a little getting used to, but once you get those down nothing else I can think of. Very pleased with this car and would buy it over any of the other luxury brands again!

Spectacular
By ijkmno

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is an astonishingly good car. The AWD technology gives it remarkably precise handling (and I've owned Porsches and BMWs). The engine is agile and powerful. The sport setting on the transmission allows for tightly-wound driving without a bunch of shifting. The interior appointments are first-class (excellent sound and nav systems). The combination of performance, features and price makes this car a great value for a driver's car.

Favorite Features

Handling. Engine. Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

I don't understand why Acura doesn't promote this car - it's one of the best-kept secrets in the industry.