Used 2013 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

2013 TL SH-AWD Tech package (Black on Black)
By defielding

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Incredible value for the money and also exhilarating performance. The car is beautiful inside and out. I waited until October and got the AWD and Tech package TL for the same price as a base model! I tend to keep my cars for many years (buying, not leasing). Down the road, the maintenance and repair costs of
Acura's competitors would prove prohibitive in comparison. Order all the features this car includes with the tech package and the TL's competitor's price goes way out of this ball park.

As I already mentioned, reliability along with safety. The added room compared to competitors in this price range is very much appreciated as I often carry passengers. Love the aggressive, yet classy design. The SH-AWD along with the 3.7L silky smooth and powerful motor makes this an incredibly athletic sedan. Love the contrasted stitching on the high quality seats and the quality materials used throughout the interior. Check out the complex hood creases and super tight exterior body panel gaps, great quality.

The navigation system works well but could be even more intuitive. I would like to see navigation mapping updates be included free of charge for the initial owner rather than costing a few hundred dollars each time.

TL Special Edition. Great Upgrades for the money.
By mrminsky1

2013 Acura TL Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2010 G37 lease was about to be over so I decided to see what car I would get. As much I loved the car, I wanted something different since the car are just the same. The new Q50 would priced much higher because it is too new and it is not out yet. So I drove all the usual suspect. the BMW 328 is so overpriced for the $. Want Sirius radio? Great, you need the $2000 plus package. Want leather? Great, here is another $3000 package. Forget it. The A4? Too small. The Es350? too much $ for what it is. Volve S60? Not sure if it is reliable. Avalon? Maybe ,but don't like the dash. Honda Ex-l V6? Maybe, but for a few extra $, you get the better appointments, drive, details, dealer experience, etc

This car got a bad rap when it first came out to the point that I would have never considered because I did not like the looks. Enter 2012 and Acura made some very nice changes to the overall appearance of the car. The car has been tone down to the point that in my opinion is very attractive. Again, this is all personal and this is why we all drive different things. The S. E. package gives you the 18 inch wheels, different rims, spoiler, much nicer doubled stitched leather, keyless ignition, etc. Well worth the price. The G37 was and is a great car. The TL is bigger and drives a little softer without giving up the sporty fun factor. Fine by me as the kids are getting older and so is my back

You have to get the technology package in order to get the backup camera. This should be standard on any premium or entry level luxury vehicle. Obviously, this Tl has been around for a few years already and new one will be coming out for the 2015 model year. I don't expect many changes to the current line even for 2014. The car is an incredible value for what it offers. Add the ridiculous discounts being offered and it is a great value for what you get. THE SE package is a nice compromised between the base model and the Tech model. If you don't need all wheel drive, this would still give you a very nice sporty ride. It does not drive like my old G37, then again glad I have the extra space.

Great for around 40 thousand Canadian
By billy84

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

All wheel drive, manual 6 speed, 305hp, comfort, not a comuter car as far as gas mileage, love it smooth and quiet, great stereo, would be better with 75 more hp.

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD Advance
By jason60051

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2011 BMW 535i for this vehicle. My 535i lacked x-drive and was a manual transmission so I was looking for something with awd, automatic, great resale value, and reliability and this Acura fit the bill. Having driven the BMW a couple years I was pleasantly surprised by how this Acura handles and the acceleration. The only gripe I would have is that it rides a little stiff with the 19's. But it isn't an uncomfortable ride. The build quality is very good and the gas mileage so far isn't bad...21 mpg's combined city and highway.

So far of course the SH-AWD transforms this vehicle into a canyon carver. The ventilated seats are awesome. The ELS stereo is great...however it doesn't sound that great with XM or FM radio. Utilizing the DVD audio discs transforms the stereo into something magnificent. The 6 speed automatic is very smooth and it doesn't hesitate looking for a top gear to conserve gas. The power is always there and ready to be used. The seats have excellant side bolstering. The blind spot monitoring helps also. By far my favorite feature is the price. My BMW had stickered for $63k and this Acura stickers for $46k. I can't justify the price difference for the German brands any longer.

There were a couple of interior plastics that didn't line up at delivery. Many improvements were made in the 2012 model year so I don't really see any other imporvements needed on this model.

Amazing car for the price.
By dcstriker25

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a couple months after trading in a S5 for a more family orented sedan.
I looked into the A6, and Lexus's but felt they were to pricey, when a collegue told me to look into the TL.
I was shocked when I looked into the price on the fully loaded TL AWD compared to the the comparible lexus(Power wise) and A6 (size and power), A4 was to weak of an engine.
The sticker might have been 46k but I was offered the car for 40,650 + 1,500 cash for trading in the car.
The car was great inside and outside styling was much improved over the 2009-2011.
The car drives smooth, tech features are great, and AWD works extreamly well in the NE winter.

AWD, Sound system, interior quality, and build quality of the car.

More trunk space.