2013 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
2013 TL AWD-SH w/Advanced PKG
By thehonesttruth on 03/01/13 16:41 PM (PST)

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had the car for about a month (900 miles), so commenting on reliability, etc. is impossible. Given Honda's track record though, I'm sure it's excellent, especially when compared to cars in its class. I know from what I've been told and read, BMW's, Mercs, and Audi's are somewhat unreliable and extremely expensive to repair. Furthermore, resale value on all of them is awful. I'm not rich, so not throwing my money away was a big factor in my decision. Lexus and Infiniti make a good car too, you just have to buy what's right for you.

Beware 2012 Acura TL- Deficient Handling
By disillusione1 on 01/09/13 10:54 AM (PST)

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a New Acura AWD Sport package 2012 TL. The purchasing process was exceptional. A Two hour drive home was a disaster. The new TL front end shimmied and pulled to the left. I took it to local Acura dealer because unsafe to drives. They balanced the tires, charged me $50. Brand new vehicle. Returned to original dealer to fix left drifting on interstate highways. They checked said all was in spec. Drove two hours back and it still drifted left. Took videos, took it back. They recommended different tires for over $900. Same problem. Requested to escalate with Acura. No response. Finally I elected to trade in 2012 AWD TL before I was seriously injured.

Relative Bargain
By koryme on 01/01/13 12:33 PM (PST)

2013 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Regardless if you like the exterior appearance or not, you can't deny that this is a luxury bargain. Match the features this car has to the equivalent BMW or Audi and you're looking at 10 grand higher. And that may not be including AWD. Performance, comfort, features, quality, transmission, and overall satisfaction couldn't be better. Not that it's a bad thing, but if you're looking for an AWD sedan with a manual transmission, this is your only option. Note: I've only owned my TL for a short time. If I experience anything like the other reviewer on here did then I will update my review. As for now, I couldn't be happier.

Stay away from Acura
By pasulaka on 11/17/12 21:06 PM (PST)

2013 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Acura has set new standards for using poor quality materials. My dashboard developed several large cracks after just a few days parked in my parking lot at work this summer in North Carolina. (Other than work, the car is always garaged.) The dealership claims it cracked due to maintenance(!) I own 4 other cars ranging from 1974 to 2006 & have never had a cracked dashboard. The TL has more rattles than your average new-born child. The cover over my cup-holder broke after just a few weeks. I truly wish I had bought a Lexus, BMW or Mercedes.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$180 per month*