Used 2013 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Fantastic Touring Car! A Screaming Bargain!
By knr5

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

After 10 years of Infiniti G35 sedans (2003 and 2006 models, 6MT), I switched to Acura SH-AWD with the Technology Package (the only configuration I could get manual transmission!) in late March, 2013. The TL gives up a little of the visceral,sporty feel of the G, but gains in overall refinement and all weather capability. The TL is is a substantially larger car (6" longer, and 4" wider than the G), and hence feels less tossable than the G. However, it has very fine handling and a composed ride. I love my car, it has been absolutely trouble free, and feels extraordinarily competent. It is a compellingly good value in the upscale segment.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling are buttoned down, not flashy. Excellent creature comforts - seating, music system, room, navigation, back-up camera. Very slick manual shifter, and low effort pedals (brake and clutch). Relatively low maintenance. All in all, a unique car!

Suggested Improvements

Not entirely sold on the look of the rear end, though it is growing on me! A skosh more trunk space would help in making it an even more complete touring sedan. Appeal to Acura: Please do not drop the manuals!:)

Dollar-for-dollar best car on the market
By regalgreyhound

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned a number of luxury cars over the years, but this TL provides the best experience per dollar spent than any other car I've owned.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and quality; superior handling in poor weather conditions; technology; overall reliability

Suggested Improvements

Offer more exterior/interior color combos

What a piece of heavy junk!!!
By terryj5

2013 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The TL is probably the worse car in the market, Acura should close their business forever! This is super super bumpy and noise ride. I can feel every bumps on the road even tiny bumps and there are rattles from center console when go over bumps. The suspensions also make thumping and popping sound when go over bumps .The engine runs rough after just 10k mils. What a horrible ownership of this car. Can't wait to get rid of this junk. What a waste of money. I should do more research before i buy this car. First and last Acura! Do not buy any Acura cars!!!

2013 TL SH-AWD Tech package (Black on Black)
By defielding

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Incredible value for the money and also exhilarating performance. The car is beautiful inside and out. I waited until October and got the AWD and Tech package TL for the same price as a base model! I tend to keep my cars for many years (buying, not leasing). Down the road, the maintenance and repair costs of Acura's competitors would prove prohibitive in comparison. Order all the features this car includes with the tech package and the TL's competitor's price goes way out of this ball park.

Favorite Features

As I already mentioned, reliability along with safety. The added room compared to competitors in this price range is very much appreciated as I often carry passengers. Love the aggressive, yet classy design. The SH-AWD along with the 3.7L silky smooth and powerful motor makes this an incredibly athletic sedan. Love the contrasted stitching on the high quality seats and the quality materials used throughout the interior. Check out the complex hood creases and super tight exterior body panel gaps, great quality.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system works well but could be even more intuitive. I would like to see navigation mapping updates be included free of charge for the initial owner rather than costing a few hundred dollars each time.

TL Special Edition. Great Upgrades for the money.
By mrminsky1

2013 Acura TL Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2010 G37 lease was about to be over so I decided to see what car I would get. As much I loved the car, I wanted something different since the car are just the same. The new Q50 would priced much higher because it is too new and it is not out yet. So I drove all the usual suspect. the BMW 328 is so overpriced for the $. Want Sirius radio? Great, you need the $2000 plus package. Want leather? Great, here is another $3000 package. Forget it. The A4? Too small. The Es350? too much $ for what it is. Volve S60? Not sure if it is reliable. Avalon? Maybe ,but don't like the dash. Honda Ex-l V6? Maybe, but for a few extra $, you get the better appointments, drive, details, dealer experience, etc

Favorite Features

This car got a bad rap when it first came out to the point that I would have never considered because I did not like the looks. Enter 2012 and Acura made some very nice changes to the overall appearance of the car. The car has been tone down to the point that in my opinion is very attractive. Again, this is all personal and this is why we all drive different things. The S. E. package gives you the 18 inch wheels, different rims, spoiler, much nicer doubled stitched leather, keyless ignition, etc. Well worth the price. The G37 was and is a great car. The TL is bigger and drives a little softer without giving up the sporty fun factor. Fine by me as the kids are getting older and so is my back

Suggested Improvements

You have to get the technology package in order to get the backup camera. This should be standard on any premium or entry level luxury vehicle. Obviously, this Tl has been around for a few years already and new one will be coming out for the 2015 model year. I don't expect many changes to the current line even for 2014. The car is an incredible value for what it offers. Add the ridiculous discounts being offered and it is a great value for what you get. THE SE package is a nice compromised between the base model and the Tech model. If you don't need all wheel drive, this would still give you a very nice sporty ride. It does not drive like my old G37, then again glad I have the extra space.