Vast improvement over '04 TL
By ad2677 on
2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I traded my '06 525i after a very expensive out of warranty repair. I've owned an '04 TL for 2 years preceeding the '06 525i purchase in '08. I had absolutely no issues with the TL and just the opposite with the 525i (maybe I should listen to the Consumer Reports review, they were spot on with their review). I went back to '12 TL w/Tech Package, what a breath of fresh air that was. I got it in July and have about 11K+ miles on it with no issues whatsoever. I love the entertainment and navigation systems and their ease of use. The TL handles with ease and is quite entertaining to drive and I love the engine sound at wide open throtle. The car is quite fast and a pleasure to drive.
Favorite Features
Entertainment/nav system is the best.
Suggested Improvements
Acura needs to do something about the MPG, the competition from Germany has crested 30+MPG already and even though I get about 23 MPG on average, 25+ combined would be nice. I really wish that Acura would make its cars rear wheel drive (I know this would raise the price since all the Honda products that are sharing components with Acura are front wheel drive). Even with a marginal price increase it would still come well below the competition's price, especially those from Germany.
By hcpsmarshall
on 09/29/12 23:09 PM (PDT)

Glad to read this. I traded my 2006 750i for the 2012 TL w tech package. I miss a lot of features, but this was a much better value and has much cheaper maintenance. No complaints!